You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2012 20:11

We always hear we need to start preparing for ramadhan, but the question is how do we prepare?

The most common answer you will get is we need to start making food e.g the samoses, pasteries e.t.c. Well this is the answer you will get from alot of ladies but the funny thinkg is ramadhan comes and you will see most ladies living even more in the kitchen then a usual day.

ANyways it would be nice if people can give ideas on how they prepare for it. A few that i could think of is:

1) start going over the quran you know

2)memorising more parts of the quran

3) Eating less ( if this counts)

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2012 20:31

Well this year I have decided to weigh myself a day or so before ramadhan, preferabley in the morning and see what my weight is. And then weigh myself after eid and see if my time was spent in eating when it should have been in worship. The window for eating for those that read fajr according to 15 degrees will be about 5-6 hours and for those who read fajr at 18 degrees will only have a window of under 5 hours. Unless a person is just eating they should not really gain weight because after iftari one should prepare themselves for tarawih and then maybe some will stay for talks that take place after tarawih. Personally I do not want to eat too much at iftari and at night as I do not want to feel lethargic for the tarawih prayers. I also hope that aiming to eat moderaately in ramadhan and not overeating will inshaallah give me the ability and strength to do more ibadah and more tilawat of the quran this ramadhan.

Please pray that I utilise my time well this ramadhan and Allah accepts my niyah and ibaadah.

+4 -1Like x 3Dislike x 1
Rank Image
manchester
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2012 22:32
Asalamualykum
To be honest i think this is a great topic to talk about, so here is my opinions,

- Try to read atleast a sparah a day so hopefully by the end of ramadhaan you would have had read a whole quran or 29 sparahs it sepends on the moon but you could always read extra
- Sometimes have short naps
- Read Islamic Books and tips for Ramdhaan!

Ok This just poped up in the mind but really its a joke unless u take it seriously... Go on Muftisays! (LOL!)

-Read a few extra nafils,
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2012 23:38
Important point:

Our intentions MUST be purely for Allah.

If we intended to fast to save money, then that's what will happen and we will not be rewarded for fasting.

If we intended to fast so that we can eat fancy foods, then that's what will happen and we won't be rewarded for fasting.

If we intended to fast to lose weight, then that's what will happen and we won't be rewarded for fasting.

Our account will be empty.

If we intend.to fast purely for the sake of Allah, then we will be rewarded for fasting for.the pleasure of Allah, and at the same time, Allah will give us all those things and much more that we didn't intend for.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
manchester
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2012 11:05
Yep, that is surely true indeed, Your intention should always be for allah and not for wordly things,
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2012 14:16
True our intentions must be only and only for Allah sub-hanahu wa ta-aala... 2 things I would like to share which I heard in maulana huzefa palanpuris lecture last ramzan are that :
1.. Someone asked a wali ,"How do u define pure intentions (ikhlaas)". The wali replied saying "imagine a shepherd all alone in the middle of grazing cows and sheeps and no one anywere remotely too. Now when its time for namaz the shepherd stands to pray and prays with sincerity. Now the question arises was he praying with sincerity just because he felt the cos and sheeps with praise him for his deed ??? Similaryly when one does any good act consider yourself in the midst of only cows and sheeps grazing around you who cannot praise you fr ur acts..."
2. When we need our room to be cold we need to do two things 1. switch the a/c on and 2. close the doors and the windows (so that the cold air does not go out).. similarly when we fast in the month of ramzaan we switch the button of ramzaan on by fasting but do we really close the doors and windows (of sins) inorder to keep the barakat of fasting inorder...

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
manchester
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2012 17:59
Mashallah that is also another important point to mention,
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2012 18:44
Unnecessary thumbs down is not a good thing.

Please think before you give it. Brother Malak has shared his opinion and we should thank him.and others. We should not put people off by doing so.

In my case, as I said before, I give a thumbs down if it is anti Madhab or un Islamic, those given to me for Apple are fine, but please do.t put people off.

This is just a personal opinion.
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th July 2012 23:04

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Unnecessary thumbs down is not a good thing. Please think before you give it. Brother Malak has shared his opinion and we should thank him.and others. We should not put people off by doing so. In my case, as I said before, I give a thumbs down if it is anti Madhab or un Islamic, those given to me for Apple are fine, but please do.t put people off. This is just a personal opinion.

Brother Abu Mohammed, jazakallah for your support. Everybody is entitled to an opinion so I am not offended or put off by the the thumbs down. it's true what you said about intention as it is mentioned in a hadith كم من صائم ليس له من صيامه إلا الجوع والعطش 

There are some who fast whose fast is nothing but hunger and thirst (Apologies if it is not the best of transalation).  As I mentioned in my previous post my objective is to do more ibadah this ramadhan and humbly request all to do dua that Allah gives me the ability to do so and that it is all done solely for the pleasure of Allah.

I received a video clip last ramadhan about those stick men where one over eats and one eats a moderate amount http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSSmpYGqz0k and realised I was a bit like the red figure. Alhamdolillah I was not as bad as him as I would go to the masjid for my salah but at tarawih time I would feel lazy. So this time I want to be a bit like the yellow figure eat according to the sunnah where 1/3 of the stomach is for food, 1/3 for water and 1/3 for air.

P.S. Sheikh Yasin jazakallah for posting this link to the Arabic keyboard a while back http://www.yamli.com/arabic-keyboard/ it is so easy to type in Arabic with it. 

+3 -0Like x 3