Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Smoking in Ramadhan on the increase.

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2011 05:16
Despite a survey showing that 83 percent of smokers in the Middle East and North Africa do not smoke when fasting, many fail to kick the habit.The Yahoo-Maktoob website survey also revealed that only 16 percent make the effort to kick the habit during Ramadan.The holy month of Ramadan offers the best opportunity to quit smoking,but many fail to takethischanceto quit. What, in reality, happens is that the majority who refrain from reaching out for the cigarette during fasting, literally run through packets during the period from iftarto suhoor.The increased smoking in the limited time comes from the increased craving for a stickthatkills. There are others who reach for the butt, instead of a date, as soon as the call to break the fast is heard. They claim that they havelong gone without the crutch that helps them see out the day. In addition to this, Ramadan also sees many indulging in smoking shisha. It iscommon for people to enjoy a few puffs at cafes and restaurants lateat night during this month. Cafes and resorts attract large number of people, especially youth who sit and smoke the hubble-bubble after Isha prayer. A Jeddah café supervisor, MahmoudAbdul Kader, confirmed that the number of people visiting coffeeshopsincrease by 30 percent during Ramadan. He said after iftar, many cafes get full; This increased need for nicotine fix comes with increased risk of cardiovascularand respiratory diseases. And this many smokers tend to forget.The irony is that many of the smokers perpetuate this addiction with real or imaginary reasons.When asked why they reach out to the cigarette so soon after fasting, the reasons provided are varied but the oft-repeated one is that the period without smoking has brought on a severe headache.Saeed Al-Saleh, an addicted smoker, said he smokes two packs from the moment he breaks his fast to minutes before the call for Fajr prayer. But other addicts say they give in to this craving, and break the fast much before the iftar as they feel listless and useless without smoking.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2011 14:35
I would have to say that I was impressed with the idea of nicotine levelled cartridges from high, medium, low to even zero nicotine. I could understand the concept of these levels and almost immediately saw the bright side to this fight against smoking - of which I actually achieved! Not to worry, if you are a smoker and intend on staying a smoker, there are a lot of health benefits to electronic cigarette smoking in comparison to the traditional cigarette. Not to mention, the SmokeStik has saved me a good amount of bucks in my pocket especially in the long run plus the bonus of being environmentally friendly.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2011 16:48
My friend switched to these, hd says they have caused more problems and are more addictive.

Stay away from it all.
No post ratings