You have contributed 16.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 14:10
Ryder wrote:
View original post

You mean Kerala, south India.
Can someone share what was the exact message.
Each one says, other city saw the crescent
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 14:17
If all goes well, Saudis have to celebrate coming Eid ul fitr with rest of the world on the same day.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 16:05
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Ryder wrote:
View original post

Do you not know the rulings on global sightings?
Do you know what goes on behind the scenes?

Do you know why the French sighting was rejected. Do you know why the Mozambique sighting was rejected?

Then wait till its all out and make an informed decision.

Otherwise you are misleading the readers and those you speak to.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 16:33

From moon sighting website, moon sighting comitte worldwide:

Seen: MCW member Mr Rasheed Usman, Kozhikode, Kerala reported: Ramadan Mubarak. Pleased to inform that the Hilal of Ramadan 1440 AH sighted at Kapad Beach, Kozhikode, Kerala State, India. People of Kerala shall begin Ramadan from tonight as declared by all factions of the community in the State.
Explanation by Moonsighting.com for this sighting:
Look at the calculations below: 29 minutes lag between moonset and sunset. Age 14.6 hours; Elongation 8.5 degrees. These parameters make it possible to be seen by telescope. If the sighting was with naked eye, there could be an explanation that on the Western horizon, there was Arabian Sea and no city lights, and favorable pressure temperature and humidity conditions, which may make it possible to be seen with naked eye.
Kozhikode INDIA TZ= 5.5 LATITUDE= 11:15N LONGITUDE= 75:46E
Ramadan 1440 AH <---- Moon's Position @ BestTime ---->
Moon GC. GC. HDFS TC. Cresc Cresc
(UT) International Sunset Lag Moonset Age ARCL ARCV DAZ Alt Width Horns
Moon Birth Date Hr:Mn Hr:Mn Hr:Mn Hrs Deg Deg Deg Deg arcmn Shape
22:45 MAY 4, 2019(SAT) 18:40 -0:23 18:18 -9.7 6.8 4.3 5.3S --- 0.11 12- 4
MAY 5, 2019(SUN) 18:41 0:29 19:09 14.6 8.5 7.7 3.7S 2.8 0.17 3- 7
No post ratings
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 17:55
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 18:00
Also, Mufti Sajid Patel

Quote:
Our criteria is of Ittihaade Mataali and we will take any "reliable" sighting from anywhere as long as it won't cause Haraj!
In the Wifaq Criteria the word "East" is للاْكثر حكم الكلَ , and is to exclude North and South America! Other wise we do take news from Morocco which is also on the west of UK.

Mauritania therefore should have been followed.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 18:01
Sorry guest your post has been disabled.

You can contact Wifaq on their web site www.wifaqululama.co.uk/contact/ and then if needed you can post here with both responses.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 18:12

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/ramadhan1440/

Why did Wifaq reject the Ramadan Moonsighting from Mozambique, Kenya and France?

A timeline into background research into the Ramadan decision.

+1 -0Like x 1
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 18:20
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Sorry but I'm speaking to the Wifaq - right here. No need to delete post.

So I ask again: [admin edit: question deleted to avoid Fitnah - you may contact wifaq through their web site]
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2019 18:25
Suit yourself. Guest posting disabled for this section. You may register to post follow ups if needed:

Yasin wrote:
View original post
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2019 00:08
Hmm can you explain why one of the imams on your list (wifaqul ulema shoora) n his mosque start on sun night if he agrees with Mozambique sighting been false.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2019 10:18
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2019 11:48
*Yusuf Danka _Statement_* - (With Permission from Mufti Yusuf Dhanka)

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

There are several methods to establish the start of Islamic months (via Moonsighting), this matter is detailed in English on the Wifaqul Ulama website here:

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/testimony/

One of the methods is:

*Kitaab Qadhi Ilul Qadhi:* The letter should contain a signature or seal of the organisation. Content and delivery should be authenticated to ensure that it is not a forgery. 

Wifaqul Ulama have a bilateral agreement with Mozambique which is presented here:

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/images/Agreement/B-Mozambique.pdf . I was not aware of this agreement being present. I was under the impression there wasn't an agreement. 

My premise and reason for my decision to follow Mozambique was that a group of Scholars have checked, verified and validated the Moonsighting testimony (locally). In these circumstances we had two choices, either we accept the sighting or reject it. In order to accept the sighting two things have to be present: There should be a Sharia shahaadat and the local Qadhi should have accepted it and some Islamic Jamaat should have accepted it. Secondly there should be a possibility of a sighting in the area where the shahaadat came from. If both these conditions are met in these circumstances even permissiblity of a weak sighting is present - Mufti Yusuf Ludhyanwi (RA) The sighting of the crescent moon is the basis of the commencement for the new Islamic month. The knowledge of Astronomy can be utilised to ascertain the possibility of sighting the new crescent on a particular day (Aap ke masa'il Vol 3 p 261)

Members of Wifaqul Ulama thoroughly checked the sighting (itself) and questions were raised about the sighting and its non-acceptance within the country (of origin) and by its neighbours. I was not aware of these questions at the time of making the decision. It is not my view that I should reject the sighting just because Wifaq does not have a presence there.

My decision for CMIC to follow Mozambique was based on principles of Fiqh while Wifaqul Ulama’s decision was based on through investigation and consultation/coordination across multiple countries. Under the perilous situation in the Masijid we had to take care of the effect on the community and Masjid and under these circustance we should on occasion make these decisions. These circumstances and the the decision made has precedents with Senior Ulama of the past in books.

I do not believe that my decision and rationale is wrong but is surely weak. We have to use the information available to us at the time, taking into account thecircumstances at the time.

I have now discussed the matter with Mufti Amjad Saheb and others in detail, we do not believe that those who have fasted based on my decision need to break their fast because my rationale has validity, although it is a weaker opinion.

During the meeting at Tooting Masjid where many masajid were represented I was the only person in the meeting with a view that was in line with Wifaq and some of these masaajid had already resolved to begin taraweeh on the nght but I managed to hold them off until Esha time until the Mozambique shahaadat came though. The diligence which Wifaqul Ulama applied to the claims of Moonsighting are thorough. The statement from Malawi (today) also casts further doubt on Mozambique sighting but it was not available to me yesterday. I am even now in agreement with the decision of Wifaq and as a result of the work done by wifaq, the work I started before the formation of Wifaq with the Tawfiq of Allah SWT has become easier.

Due to the circumstances in CMIC I had no choice but to make the decision I made as the detailed analysis of the sighting by Wifaq was not available to me at the time and the time for Isha was very close. There was a danger that there would be a major commotion in the Masjid 

I made my decision based on what was apparent according to Sharia to me at the time, with hindsight I cna see some weaknesses in my decision. I make dua that with hindsight that for the future Allah gives me the tawfiq to stay on decisions that are strong according to sharia

CMIC should continue to follow the decision of Wifaqul Ulama Shura as it has for years. I make dua that Allah give the Ulama of Wifaq success in the noble work they are doing and that all Ulama understand this matter properly without stubbornness even when they are not correct.

Your brother in Islam.

Muhammad Yusuf Danka

One factual error.

Mufti Yusuf Danka Authorised and signed the Mozambique agreement but he must have forgotten about it
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2019 15:22
Jazakallah
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother