Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

tafseer class hosted by ustaad nouman ali khan

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2016 17:01
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

See I partially agree with you. At the same time I see deobandis are also now teaching arabic. The local darse e nizami courses in our area have hit off big time Masha ALLAH. Imam Zakariah academy and lantern of knowledge producing good results. Our local maktabs are so popular that there are huge waiting lists. People are establishing good schools like hafs academy. This year in my local area I saw so many jamats coming of mostly youngsters. Why not talk about these positive changes by deos? Look I agree we need to change a few things but these changes are slowly coming. We have a lot of good and we should help in that rather than spreading negativity. About English talks nowadays we have so many talks in English in comparison to before when shaykh riyadh and shaykh ahmed ali would be one of the few ulema who speak English. Let us take part in this good work insha ALLAH. Acknowledge the good and realise with deobandis you don't need to rebuild the whole castle just minor adjustments.

About salafis their dawah is in disarry. It is a dawah without barakh. I don't think they are the main means of learning deen and even if it is it is short lived. Where are all those salafis that were before us all these years ago. Many have burned out and many have evolved. Alhamdulillah us deobandis are here to stay and will not be dropping like flys Alhamdulillah. Even Shaykh Abu Eesa Nimatullah said that when everyone was dropping like flies the deobandis held the fort.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2016 18:01
london786 wrote:
View original post

i agree but we are playing catch up. go ask a random muslim on the street where they will go if they want to learn arabic tajweed or anything of the sort they will probably give salafi institutions. ofcourse there are still pockets of good but we cant cover up the bads. i dont live to far from you but our areas are very different. amount of musallies in our masjid who were once deos that have become salafis is shocking.

as for maktabs they are for little kids who are being sent by parents. the issue is what happens to them when they hit teenage years and on wards. you wont get 8yos becoming salafis lol.

the two biggest issues i see now are lack of women classes and activities for both men and women. salafi mosques and centres are more active in organising self defenceless classes, camping, archery, swimming etc. this is were alot of deos go and make friends and eventually end up becoming salafis. recently a friend was saying how is wife wants to learn to swim but in whole of london there is not a single swimming classes for women were as if u go to places like luton they have women swimming archery and other activites.
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2016 18:59
السلام عليكم,

The meaning and application of a verse is not restricted to the particular circumstances in which it happened to be revealed. Shah Waliullah discusses this in depth in Al-Fawz Al-Kabir and he blames the later scholars for being too caught up in finding particular circumstances of revelation for every verse of the Qur'aan.
+2 -0Winner x 1