Restoring thread from here.
Posted by Bro Omega:
Shaikh al-Akbar Mohiuddin ibn Arabi in his book "Futuhaat e Makkiyah", writes about "Rijaal ullah" ( The Men of Allah), and confidently states that there are only three types of them and no fourth !
After a detailed description of the first two types, he turns his attention to the third type, and praises them with such glorious words "Lahum tabqatul ulya" (these are the best of all). Please note that this praise is coming from Imam ul awlia, and no less than a person who is known as " Shaikh Akbar" amongst sufis.
Now let us see how shaikh Akbar describes these people:
1) As far as salah is concerned ,they do no more the Faraidh (obligatory Prayers) and Rawateb (ie, sunan e Muakkada after fardh salah).one will never find them involved in Nawafil (supererogatory prayers).
2) Not only salah, but even in the rest of deeni requirements, and the rest of the Faraidh, they keep to the bare essentials and no more.
3) The way they do these Faraidh they try to mimic common people, no distinction can be found between them and a common Mu'min (believer).
4) They wander in Bazars like common people and involve in small talks common to the rest of the people. one will never find any "Arifana Rumooz" (Allusions of wisdom) in their discussions.
5) They intentionally try to be seen as commoners and no different than Awam (common folks).
6) Their clothings are similar to the tradition of the common working class people of the area they live in.
7) They never specify a place for themselves in Masajids, they keep themselves along with the crowd.
8) They are never known for karamat (miraculous feats attributed to saints). People consider them no more than ordinary people. sometimes not even up to the level of ordinary Saliheen ( The Pious).
Despite their appearances:
1) Inside their hearts they are connected to Allah سبحانه وتعالى in such a away, As if there is nothing except Allah in their Batin (inward self).
2) In this particular sifat (virtue), ie, their inner connection to Allah سبحانه وتعالى, they are so strong, so concentrated and so determined, that nothing can move their attention away from Allah سبحانه وتعالى.
3) Their constant effort remains to keep their relation of "uboodiat" (bondsmanship) with their creator fresh, ever green and never out of their sight.
4) They are always under the intense pressure of the realization of the grandeur of Allah سبحانه وتعالى.Their extreme helplessness, total dependency, complete misery in front of their creator is always in front of their eyes, resulting in utter lack of pride, A feeling of absolute nothingness and total annihilation of ego.
5) Their eyes are always on the creator even for the smallest of their needs, despite that, they obey all the rules of "Alam e Asbab" (Realm of causation) without fail. Although the reality of every thing been done by Allah سبحانه وتعالى is never hidden from their eyes.
Shaikh Akbar thinks:
of the true Tareeqa, they are closest to Allah سبحانه وتعالى ,They are the best, now and in future"