Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Tassawuf & Spiritual Illnesses

You have contributed 5.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, ummi taalib, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Taalibah, Acacia, Seifeddine-M, TalibatunNoor, umar123, kanzoorbhai, Jinn, the fake shaykh, dr76, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Naqshband66
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2013 09:33
Every Illness Has A Cure
Shaykh Ahmad Ali explains to us the love and mercy that Allah swt has for each and every one of us, even though we sin and are neglectful, SubhaanAllah! beautiful words.

Halalified YT Audio
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2013 09:48
Updated link,

removed &feature=player_detailpage from the code. I've noticed that anything after the & is not needed.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2013 19:27
Since Shaykh Ahmed Ali Sahib, touched on the subject of Spiritual illness on the youtube audio, thought i would change this thread accordingly to the subject of Tassawuf & Spiritual illnesses, a subject ive been meaning to add to the forum, i know other users also have much knowledge on this subject, feel free to share so we may all benefit, please try not to make posts too lengthy, add more posts if required, as it makes easier reading. Jazakumullah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 29th June 2013 10:54
"Allah draws or attracts towards Himself, whomsoever He will. And He guides towards Himself, one who inclines towards Him." (Ash Shura 42:13)

In Tajalliat-e-Jazb (Manifestation of Allah's Attraction) by Shaykh Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahib D.B, it has been written about Muraad (one who is sought after) and Mureed (the one who is a seeker) through the example of our beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahualayhiwassalam and Prophet Moosa Alayhissalam.

At present...
The Muraad (one who is sought after) is endowed with the attribute of jazb (attraction) and is pulled or attracted by Allah swt towards Himself. Allah swt has intended to make this chosen servant His, and is pulling the Muraad towards Himself without the Muraad having to make much mujahadah (effort)

Whereas, the Mureed (seeker) who is seeking Allah swt's attraction, turns his attention towards Allah, the Mureed engages himself in thikr, presents himself in the khidmet of his Shaykh, making concerted effort (mujahadah) to refrain from all types of minor and major sins, this person will eventually be blessed with jazab (attraction), as without Jazb (attraction) a person cannot acquire the closeness of Allah swt.

Taalibah
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2013 12:20
I Want To Change But......

All of the spiritual seekers aspire to do good and abstain from sinful actions

However, most of us harbor a misconception regarding the means to achieve this goal.

We wish for a overpowering and overwhelming state that facilitates this for us by itself. Automatically. A kind of fairy tale magic spell.

Moreover, we assume that making supplications or reciting a particular litany (wadhifa) or associating with a pious individual or a group or reading classical spiritual text or visiting a holy site (like the revered Makkah and radiant Medinah) or worshiping in the blessed times (like the night of power) will create this 'state' for us.

This will never happen!

Hakim al Ummah Mujaddid Mawlana Ashraf Ali Thanawi (Allah have mercy on him) has repeatedly made this very clear in his works.

Self determination, self restraint and earnest hard work is needed to do good and abstain from sinful actions.

There is no other way around.

It is not easy.

Initially it is tough. This is the spiritual struggle (mujahida ). It brings the reward and its blessings in the here-after.

This is the norm in all the things we aspire to achieve. No school or work project is successfully completed just by supplicating, reading or associating with the experts. One has to toil and labor sincerely and put up his best effort in an organized manner to do it.

Therefore, praying the salah on time with the congregation, especially Fajr or having khushoo in salah or controlling anger or quit listening to music or watching the obscene on internet or ending free intermingling with opposite sex , etc. will never ever be achieved until we make a firm resolve to do so and use the self determination and restraint powers, bestowed to us by Allah, earnestly.

May Allah make this clear to us. Amin!
Ashrafiya.com
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 21:14
What does zikr (remembrance) mean?
Shaykh Hakeem ul Ummah r.a. in tafseer (commentary) Bayaan ul Qur'an states:
"Allah says, "Remember Me."

How should we remember Allah?
"You will be in My remembrance by being obedient to Me."

Therefore: If one's parents are ill, that person should postpone his Nawaafil (optional Salah prayer), tilawat (recitation of Qur'an) and zikr (meditation in the the remembrance of Allah), and attend to their medical needs. At such a time, this is zikr (remembrance) of Allah. The wife is sick but one does not see to her treatment and cure because one is absorbed in muraaqabah (meditation), it will lead to the disrepute of the Sufi's.

People will say, "do not marry Sufi's, for they sit with eyes closed, they remain on the Arsh (Throne of Allah), they do not fulfil the rights of those on the Farsh (earth)."

The wife will complain, "i was sick but he remained in muraaqabah (meditation) in the Masjid. He does not not care about me."

Tajalliat-E-Jazb
Shaykh Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb

+10 -0Like x 8Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2013 17:53
The fulfilment of the rights of Allah's Creation is also zikr (remembrance), this is also ibaadat (worship). Zikr (remembrance) in reality means obedience. This is why Hakeem ul Ummah r.a., Allamah Aaloosi r.a., and all the other Mufassireen (comentators of the Qur'an) of the present age as well as the past are unanimous on the interpretation of this ayah (verse) as mentioned by Hakeem ul Ummah in Bayaan ul Qur'an:

"Remember Me!"

How? "With My obedience." And "We will Remember You!" How? "With Our blessings, gifts and favours."

Shaykh further added that Allah remembers everybody at all times, Allah never forgets. The difference is, in the case of the disobedient, thieves, murderers and rouges, they are remembers, but with anger and wrath. The obedient on the other hand are remembered with mercy, blessings, gifts and favours showered on them. The rain of Allah's mercy descends upon them.

Allah draws or attracts towards Himself, whomsoever He wills.
And He guides towards Himself, one who inclines
towards Him. (Ash Shura 42: 13)

One who strives in search of Allah will definitely attain nearness to Allah. Hakeem ul Ummah r.a. declared;

"I swear by Allah that one who sincerely strives in search of Allah with all his heart will definitely find Allah. Only that person will not find Allah, who did not have a heart felt longing and desire for Him."

The clouds of Allah's Mercy rain down perpetually. One who yearns for Allah surely finds Him. If only you possess the pain of one who has Allah's love.

Shaykh Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb
+6 -0Like x 6
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2013 19:55
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

MashaAllah ...great posts.

Zikre is remembrance (ياد ), Obedience being its logical out come. Remembrance without obedience is pure 'illusion'.In reality Zikre is an all encompassing word;It includes every act of obedience done as well as every sin left fearing Allah swt.Hakim ul ummat ra describes three stages of Zikre :

a) Zikre of the 'name' of Allah swt

b) Remembering 'Allah' through his name

c) Remembering Allah swt 'without' the help of name.

This last stage mentioned above is called 'Yad dasht, It is a state of constant 'Tawajjo ilallah'...Quran describes this state as :رجالٌ لا تلهيهم تجارةٌ و لا بيعٌ عن ذكر الله and الذين يذكرون الله قياماً و قعوداً و على جنوبهم

This journey towards Allah swt begins with الاعمال بالنيات and ends at ان تعبدالله كأنك تراه .Speaking of niyyat ( intention) , with little effort and attention even our dunya can become Din,by simply making the correct intention.We have to earn our lively hood anyway,if we make an intention that earning Rizqe Halal is 'Fardh after Faraedh' according to Hadeeth...all our time spent in office/business become Ibadat.Similarly if we consider the four qualities of Sabr (صبر), Shukr (شكر), Astaghfar (استغفار) and taking refuge in Allah when in need (استعاذه), these cover practically almost every aspect of our daily life...and these are all related to intention.

Many other examples can be given..but the idea here is if we keep the intention of the pleasure of Allah swt in our routine daily activities...we may not need to go deep into meditation to strengthen our relationship with Allah swt.Taking care of one,s family is one of the most favoured act of piety in Islam,taking care of neighbours,looking after the sick,the poor and the needy are all good deeds which brings us closer to Allah swt provided we keep our intentions pure.There is no تفريق of a Din and dunya in Islam.If the niyyat is right dunya becomes din...if the niyyat is Fasid even Din becomes dunya ( like salat prayed for ريا or Sadqa given for the sake of name.)

Obviously the above statement does not mean we should not be doing even the necessary Shari Amaal.The point I am trying to make is : Even those of us who are busy in earning dunya can strengthen their connection to Allah swt very easily by changing/Correcting their intentions.All we need to is to change our thinking process . والله اعلم
+11 -0Like x 6Winner x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2013 20:36
It simply amazes me how a person in the state of...Tawajjo illahi.... do not partake in acts of layani, due to being preoccupied with the constant remembrance of Allah, even whilst fulfilling their worldly and deeni duties, whilst working, eating, sleeping, being in the company of people, their hearts are still conversing with Allah.

SubhanAllah...It's even more astounding that such people are unaware of their own condition.

+7 -0Like x 6
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2013 20:39
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

What does 'double post edit' mean sister ?

My sincere apologies for being so ignorant...!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2013 20:55
It doesn't mean anything, our internets slow today, posted the comment and it timed out, so tried posting it again only to find I had posted same post twice...so removed the double post, its irrelevant to the topic.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2013 20:58
Ah...ok sister,sorry for taking your valuable time.I appreciate.جذاك الله خيرا
+1 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2013 15:13
"...If he draws nearer to me a hands span, I will draw nearer to him an arm's length, and If he draws nearer to Me an arm's length, I will draw nearer to him a fathom length, and if he comes to Me walking, I will rush to him at (great) speed."
(Bukhari and Muslim

Shaykh Hakeem ul Ummahn r.a. explains this Hadith by the Example of a toddler who is still learning to walk. The little child musters up courage and begins taking a few shaky steps. When the child is about to fall, the father runs and picks him up. This is Exactly the case of that servant who is trying to please Alllah سبحانه وتعالى. When he manages a few broken efforts, Allah سبحانه وتعالى bestows upon him the wealth of guidance. Shaykh Hakeemul Ummah رضي الله عنه says the shame upon us is our lack of courage and determination to get up from our slumber and attempt to walk. Muster up some courage and try to do what Allah سبحانه وتعالى requires. Allah سبحانه وتعالى Himself will 'run' and pick up His servants by granting them His special assistance. Allah سبحانه وتعالى with every iota of the universe wants to make us his. Shaykh Asghar Gondwi رضي الله عنه says:

My life which was spent in negligent
Slumber awakens to the break of day
From every hair of mine I hear him calling me.
+4 -0Like x 4
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2013 15:30
Topic split and moved to debates and refutations.

Please stick to the current topic. Irrelevant posts, posts inciting a debate or disrespect towards another member will be removed without notice. Jazakumullah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 26th November 2013 18:50
Authorizer test
No post ratings