The following members appreciate this topic: Yasin, abu mohammed
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 24th December 2011 12:39

Not checked or Verified, Can someone Identify the two Debators

Youtube Video

Translation: Narrated `Umar: The Prophet said: "When Adam committed his mistake he said: O my Lord, I am asking you to forgive me for the sake of Muhammad. Allah said: O Adam, and how do you know about Muhammad whom I have not yet created? Adam replied, O my Lord, after You created me with your hand and breathed into me of Your Spirit, I raised my head and saw written on the heights of the Throne: "LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH" I understood that You would not place next to Your Name but the Most Beloved One of Your creation. Allah said: O Adam, I have forgiven you, and were it not for Muhammad I would not have created you."

► Al-Hakim narrated it in al-Mustadrak al Sahihayn (Volume No. 2, Page No. 651, Hadith No. 4228)

It was transmitted through many chains and was cited by Bayhaqi (in Dala'il al-nubuwwa), Abu Nu`aym (in Dala'il al-nubuwwa), al-Hakim in al-Mustadrak (2:615), al-Tabarani in his Saghir (2:82, 207) with another chain containing sub-narrators unknown to Haythami as he stated in Majma` al-zawa'id (8:253), and Ibn `Asakir on the authority of `Umar ibn al-Khattab, and most of these narrations were copied in Qastallani's al-Mawahib al-laduniyya (and al-Zarqani's Commentary 2:62).

1. This hadith is declared sound (sahih) by al-Hakim in al-Mustadrak (2:651, Hadith No. 4228), although he acknowledges Abd al-Rahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam, one of its sub-narrators, as weak. However, when he mentions this hadith he says: "Its chain is sound, and it is the first hadith of Abd al-Rahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam which I mention in this book"; al-Hakim also declares sound another version through Ibn `Abbas.
Imam Hakim (rah) also narrates:
Translation: Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه narrates that Allah inspired Isa (a.s) saying O Isa, believe in Muhammad (salallaho alaihi wasalam), and whosoever form your Ummah finds him should believe in him, If I had not created Muhammad (salallaho alaihi wasalam) then I would not have created Adam, If not for him I would not have created the paradise and hell, When I made the throne on Water, it started to shake, I wrote La Ilaha Il Allah Muhammad ur Rasul Ullah, due to which it became still [Imam Hakim in Mustadrak ala Sahihayn, Volume No. 2, Page No. 609, Hadith No. 4227]-- Imam Hakim after narrating it said: This Hadith has Sahih chain.

2. Imam Tabaran in his Mu'jam Al-Ausat

Narrated by Umar bin al-Khattab Allah's Messenger (Peace Be Upon Him) said: When Adam committed the error, he submitted (to Allah): O Lord, I beg You to forgive me through the mediation of Muhammad. Then Allah said: O Adam! How did you recognize Muhammad as I have not created him yet? He replied: O Lord, when You created me with Your divine hand and breathed Your soul into me, I raised my head and saw 'la ilaha illallahu Muhammad-ur-rasulullah ("There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is Allah's Messenger")' inscribed on each pillar of the Throne. I discovered that with Your name, the name of only such a person can be associated who is Your most beloved of all the creatures. At this Allah said: O Adam, you have said it correctly. Of all the creatures I love him the most. Now when you offered your prayer through his mediation, I forgave you. And if Muhammad were not there, I would not have created even you.

Reference

►Tabarani Mu'jam Al-Ausat Volume 006, Page No. 313-314, Hadith Number 6502

report post quote code quick quote reply
Winner x 1
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2017 20:25
IF IT WEREN’T FOR MUHAMMAD (SALLALLAHU ‘ALAYHI WA SALLAM), THE WORLD WOULDN’T BE CREATED?
Question

Is there a Hadith stating that the reason Allah created this universe and everything it contains was for Muhammad (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) to come and fulfil Allah commandments? I’m basically asking, if it weren’t for Muhammad (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) Allah wouldn’t have created us?

Answer

The Hadith in question is reported as follows:

لولاك لما خلقت الافلاك

Translation: If it were not for you O Muhammad, I would have not created the universe.

This Hadith is unanimously deemed as a fabrication, and is not suitable to quote.

(Al Masnu’ Hadith: 255, Kashful Khafa Hadith: 2121, Al Fawaidul Majmu’ah pg. 326)

A Different version of this narration

Many scholars are of the opinion that even though the above Hadith is a fabrication, the concept and meaning is correct and is substantiated by other Hadiths and verses of the holy Quran.

(Al Asrarul Marfu’ah Hadith: 385, Kashful Khafa Hadith : 2121)

Among them are:

1. Allah Ta’ala mentions: ‘He is the one who has created the entire universe because of man’

(Surah Al Baqarah verse: 29)

A recent Arab scholar, Shaykh Abdullah Siddiq Al- Ghumari (rahimahullah) writes: “The above verse shows that if it were not for man Allah Ta’ala would have not created the universe. Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) is the leader of mankind. It was customary for Arabs to address the leader of a tribe by mentioning his nation as an honor for him. Similarly here we are mentioned in the verse, but our leader i.e. Muhammad (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) is being addressed”.

(Footnotes on Qasidatul Burdah of Shaykh Abdullah Sidiq Al-Ghumari)

2. Imam Hakim (rahimahullah) has recorded a lengthy narration on the authority of Sayyiduna Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu) regarding the tawbah (repentance) of Adam (‘alayhis salam), in which the following words appear “….. If it were not for him (Muhammad sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), I would not have even created you.

(Mustadrak Hakim vol. 2 pg. 615)

Imam Bayhaqi (rahimahullah) has graded this Hadith as weak. Some recent scholars are also of the view that this Hadith is weak.

Imam Hakim (rahimahullah) has also reported another narration with similar words on the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas (radiyallahu ‘anhuma), this narration supports the previous one thus making it suitable to quote.

(Mustadrak Hakim vol. 2 pg. 615, Dalailun Nubuwwah vol. 5 pg. 489, Ar Raddul Muhkamul Matin pgs. 134-140, also see Shifa us Siqam pg 153)

Summary

The words which you have quoted in the question are not suitable to quote as a Hadith, however the narration of Sayyiduna ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu) in Mustadrak Hakim is suitable and should be quoted instead.

And Allah Ta’ala knows best,

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

hadithanswers.com/if-it-wasnt-for-muhammad-sallallahualay...
Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 21st March 2017 03:07
I remember reading this when I first came across this issue :

Quote:
"Muhammad - Allah bless and greet him - is the Chief of the Children of Adam, the Best of Creation, the noblest of them in the sight of Allah. This is why some have said that "Allah created the Universe due to him," or that "Were it not for him, He would have neither created a Throne, nor a Footstool, nor a heaven, earth, sun or moon." However, this is not a hadith on the authority of the Prophet - Allah bless and greet him -... but it may be explained from a correct aspect...
"Since the best of the righteous of the children of Adam is Muhammad - Allah bless and greet him -, creating him was a desirable end of deep-seated purposeful wisdom, more than for anyone else, and hence the completion of creation and the fulfillment of perfection was attained with Muhammad, may Allah Exalted bless him and grant him peace... The Chief of the Children of Adam is Muhammad, may Allah Exalted bless him and grant him peace, Adam and his children being under his banner. He, may Allah Exalted bless him and grant him peace, said: "Truly, I was written as the Seal of the Prophets with Allah, when Adam was going to-and-fro in his clay," i.e. that my prophethood was decreed and manifested when Adam - upon him peace - was created but before the breathing of the Spirit into him, just as Allah decrees the livelihood, lifespan, deeds and misery or happiness of the slave when He creates the embryo but before the breathing of the spirit into it.
"Since man is the seal and last of all creation, and its microcosm, and since the best of man is thus the best of all creation absolutely, then Muhammad - Allah bless and greet him -, being the Pupil of the Eye, the Axis of the Mill, and the Distributor to the Collective, is as it were the Ultimate Purpose from amongst all the purposes of creation. Thus it cannot be denied to say that "Due to him all of this was created", or that "Were it not for him, all this would not have been created," so if statements like this are thus explained according to what the Book and the Sunna indicate, it is acceptable." End of Ibn Taymiyya's words.

www.sunnah.org/fiqh/Ibn_Rajab_Mawlid.htm
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic