Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th February 2015 12:33
Quote:
When should a new born be named? The nusus and narrations are differed in this matter. Some [sources] suggest that it should be kept on the seventh day whilst other sources suggest that it should be on the day the child is born without delay.

There is an athar which indicates that the name be kept on the third day. It is reported in Zad al-Ma’ad1 that “Maymuni stated that we were discussing as to when a name should be kept? Abu Abd Allah (Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal) said that it is reported from Hadrat Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) that name should be kept on the third day”. However, most athar and narrations indicate that a name be kept on the day of birth or the seventh day.

[------------------------]

Shaykh al-Hadith Mufti Umar Faruq Lawharwi
Bachche Ka Nam Kab Raka Jay
In Fiqhi Jawahir. 1425. 3rd Ed. vol 3 p. 35-44
Kosamba, India; Jamia Abu Hurayrah.

---------------------------------------
Muhammad Saifur Rahman Nawhami (Translator)
2 Rabi 1436
25 December 2014

Full Article: uloom.com/dibaj/article/141225501
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th February 2015 14:27
I chose my son's name before even getting married, simply because my intention was so be the father of Mohammed (excuse the spelling)

I knew that if I was to ever get married and have children by the will of Allah, I would name him with this, but the intention was so strong that I didn't even think of a fixed name if Allah had given me a daughter. In fact, when we did have a daughter, we named her and then changed it after a few days.

And now inshaAllah, if Allah blesses us with another child, then we have already got a name for a boy and a girl. Just one name each, not a whole list. Both famous names in the Quran mentioned often together
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Back to top Post New Topic