Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Evil Eye - Ruqya for our Kids and Us

You have contributed 5.1% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: kanzoorbhai, abu mohammed, Jinn, ibn Ismail, Abdullah1, bint e aisha
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2017 17:24
Ths comment has been taken from Magic and Jinn Possesions.

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

VERY VERY Interesting comment by our friend Mufti Mangera.

He mentions his experience of burning cloves and/or chilli for evil eye (on kids) and I always thought it was biddah or even shirk. Amazing :(

(I've downloaded the video to snippet and pass around as I've told countless people that it should not be done)
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2017 17:47
The above mentioned clove and chili practice (witnessed practice and confirmed as practiced once by Mufti Abdur Rahman) can be heard from 33 minutes onwards
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJMeqry-6cE
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2017 18:28
Double post removed.
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2017 18:36
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

The local Imam (at the time, as we've both moved on) mentioned in the OP is non other than Mufti Abdur Rahman ibnYusuf himself. Alhumdulillah.
No post ratings
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2017 19:08

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Can't be bidah if there is no Islam involved. Taking paracetamol is not Bid'ah...

Like x 2
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2017 20:06
I liked the explanation given by Mufti Menk on the deceased hearing and again here, Mufti Abdur Rahman mentioning microwaves or different frequencies.

Mufti Menk gives the examples of different radio channels coming out from source but one can only hear it if they are tuned to the exact frequency.

Catch the right frequency or even a different dimension and you'll be sorted :)
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2017 10:05
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

This particular method I can now understand as it doesn't contain any Islam in it. The objection I thought was when people recited things whilst circulating the chilis around the head and then burning it. Yet this next part mentions reciting something over the chili's so it does contain Islam in it, yet it is still permitted :/
Quote:
Assalamualaikum,I was asked of an amal regarding cure for evil eye (nazar),i want to clarify whether it is allowed or not. The act is – Take 7 red dry whole peppers n read ‘salamun qaulum mir rabbir raheem’ 7 times on each pepper n blow on it n then burn it, if it gives odor then the person is not effected by evil eye n if it doesn’t give then the person is effected n will be cured. If this is not allowed then please give any dua for it (nazar).

Answer

(Fatwa: 1532/1535/M=1430)

One can perform the abovementioned amal for curing evil eye. There is nothing wrong in it as per the Shariah.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Personally still prefer to use known authentic methods in order to educate the kids of the power of the Quran and Sunnah, yet at the same time, now, I would also explain of other known unsourced methods to keep options open and to better understand what can and cannot be used.

I would probably say that these other methods work like medication of some sort as long as there is no Shirk associated with it.

Wallahu Alum.
Agree x 2
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2017 10:37

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I think your confusion is coming from inability to distinguish between worship and (cure to) Illness. When someone has fever they (should recite) Al-Fatiha 7 times and drink Zamzam but it is also permitted to use contemporary medicine which is not Haram.

IF there are elements of Haram, they will need to be looked at in terms of scope and breadth of illness.

Magic or Jinn possession is a sickness. There are Sunnah recommended remedies (which are superior) but then just like any other sickness you can methods which are not Haram.

Medicine and methods of cure are always based on personal experience, for example a friend of mine finds smelly salts extremely effective in patients who have been affected by Jinns. I have seen this in action and I am not sure if the patient is being impacted due to the pungent odour or the Jinn is being affected, either way the patient definitely jolts back to consciousness.

In acts of worship, nothing but suggestive text is permissable.

Agree x 1
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2017 10:49
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

abu mohammed wrote:
Catch the right frequency or even a different dimension and you'll be sorted :)

I agree and understand fully what you are saying. Maybe today you are on a different frequency :)

Meet me at the 5th dimension and you'll understand where I'm coming from (just kidding)
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic Reply

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?