Topic Appreciation
sipraomer, abuzayd2k, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 10:45
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Let me clarify that I was trying to say that while fiqh is important I believe the focus should be on and more emphasis should be given to giving the child a true understanding of Islam and the words of Allah, and a solid foundation on which they could build, as opposed to teaching them in a ritualistic manner.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 10:51
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Tablighis spent 2 hours in meeting the locals. An intellect will not see any immediate results in that visits.

To know what is achieved in those visits, we must visit countries where those visits didn't happen. 1.8 millions migrant Arabs are untraceable in a small country.

Similarly what is achieved in spending an hour in madrasah can't be explained with immediate results or results of activities in madrasah can't be explained.

In secular schools, in my career only physics and partial mathematics I have learned in school is useful. I learned, 4 languages, chemistry, biology, zoology, history, civics, geography etc And they are not useful for me. Spending time in school was useful.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 10:56
Spending time in school was useful to you because you were taught those other subjects even though you don't use them. And in any case , you don't have to "use" chemistry, biology history and geography, rather it gives you an understanding of what is occurring in your body, or on the earth etc.

Also if you want to approach it from that angle, then some ustads may just be sitting there teaching for the money.
No post ratings
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:01
Concerned wrote:
View original post

I say those subjects were framed in syllabus to fill 7 hours time in school. And if I am not interested in geography why should I write geography exam and get through. And even if I fail in my boring subject, I must stay back. It must be just hear the lecture and forget it.

Logic need not work always.

Give a child an hour of Islamic environment.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:04
You are comparing time spent in learnif something which you aren't interested in with time spent idly.
No post ratings
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:04
Concerned wrote:
View original post

There is scope of improvement and you have all right to improve. But the system could be ritualistic, but it is producing hafiz of 30 parts of quran. And also producing scholars of complicated deeni subjects. I go mad when I read their books and question papers in darul uloom.
No post ratings
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:07
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Option between Learning something which you are not interested and idling. I would prefer idling. If you go by logic, you will declare; Schools want to fill the time.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#98 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:24
Quote:
And also producing scholars of complicated deeni subjects. I go mad when I read their books and question papers in darul uloom.

I speaking about educating young children and the maktab system. Even if children have home maktab, they would most likely attend a madrasah as they get older and want to further their studies. Then scholars would be produced.

Quote:
Option between Learning something which you are not interested and idling. I would prefer idling

Remeber i am speaking of children and a specific maktab system I am familiar with.
Option between

1) pressure of getting ready and travelling to go somewhere to sit IDLY after having sat in school the whole day (because it is mandated by law) and having to come home and do homework later on vs option of

2) having more time to relax and play and engage in other extra curricular activities

I would choose 2. Others may have a different system.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#99 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:27

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

We have a "Sir Humphrey Appleby" on the forum :lol

No post ratings
#100 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:30
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Logic need not always work in any education systems.

There are exceptions, a few one in tens of thousands, teach their children at home and take exams as an external candidate. But that is always not true for ordinary children. Similarly, a child can be taught tajweed at home, but he/she will be missing the islamic environment in maktab. You will feel it at some point of time, "my child missed it".
+0 -0Agree x 1
#101 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:37
I have my maktab friends, when we meet we just discuss islam, hazrath, quran, duas masjid and nothing else. Your child will be missing that. This is not the only aim of maktab, but I recalled it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#102 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:44
I would say that in general, there may be many secondary or bonus benefits one can obtain by engaging in a particular activity, but if the primary aim of engaging in that activity is not achieved at the optimal level, then perhaps we need to seek other avenues of achieving that aim.

No post ratings
#103 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:49
Concerned wrote:
View original post

True.

It depends how you judge the achievement of an activity. In general masses are satisfied with what is achieved through maktab system.

But for optimum results, it demands extra ordinary efforts. May be you have the potential.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#104 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 11:57
It depends on the maktab system.
No post ratings
#105 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 12:18
Shaykh Ali Mian nadvi RA once said, if I am asked prepare a poster of one sentence regarding our future generation. I would like to prepare it quoting this quran ayah
quo
when death was approaching Yaqub, he said unto his sons: "Whom will you worship after I am gone?"

مْ كُنتُمْ شُهَدَاء إِذْ حَضَرَ يَعْقُوبَ الْمَوْتُ إِذْ قَالَ لِبَنِيهِ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ مِن بَعْدِي|

I feel members here have similar concern.
+0 -0Like x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?