Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sipraomer, abuzayd2k, Taalibah
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 04:40

Asalam o Alaikum,

I have given it a lot of thought that how to educate your children in such an environment where neither schools nor society is willing to help raise our kids as faithful believers and knowledgeable practicing Muslims.

I have currently started listening to audio recording of Quran with urdu translation of Mufti Taqi Usmani. However, my children can't comprehend the language and meaning and are always distracted and get bored easily. 

I tried to show them some Islamic cartoons on youtube however, in those cartoons images of angels, satan and prophets were animated. My daughter asked me is that an angel and that made me stop the video as I thought that they will associate these images with prophets and angels and this will lead to another fitnah.

This morning an idea came to my mind that I should convert these videos into audios and then play those audios for my children.

What are you guys doing to educate your children Islamically apart from sending them to maktabs or quran classes because in my locality, we don't have such a facility.

Please share your ideas on how to educate your children with the tools and resources available at home online and offline both.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 12:32
Thread moved to parenting section where InshaAllah you will find threads of benefit too.
No post ratings
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 12:39
Give priority to send your children to maktab. Let them spend an hour there. There is no alternative for that.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 14:38
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Walaikumus Salam

There's a cartoon by the name of Abdul Bari. I've watched 1-2 episodes and I liked it. However I would not recommend showing cartoons to your children. I would prefer story books and I think they will learn better by reading books. Make them read stories of Prophets, they are easily available everywhere in easy to understand language for children. I grew up reading Hamdard Naunehal of Hakeem Sa'eed RA and Monthly Sathee. These magazines help a great deal in a child's moral development. Make them read these magazines and Ishtiaq Ahmad and when they grow up a bit, replace them with Naseem Hijazi and other Islamic writers. This is how I was raised and I believe that reading books is essential for their Islamic conditioning. Also please take a look at Radiance and Fahmedeen magazines published by Baitussalam Institute of Maulana Abdul Sattar Sahab. They are excellent for kids and teenagers.

Lastly nothing can replace a madrassah. Try finding a good madrassah or an Islamic School in your locality because public schools will corrupt them both Islamically and morally.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 15:25
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Are these books for 3 year old boy and 7 year old girl?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 15:29
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

7 year old can read Hamdard Naunehal I guess. I started reading when I was veryyyy young.

Radiance and Fahmedeen also have stories and activities for 5-6 year olds.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 15:58

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Ishtiaq Ahmed (RA) for children

Ibn Safi (RA) for those with a Secular mindset

When I am on long flights I think about writing Novels but then get bogged down with debates and arguments on Muftisays and never do anything constructive...I have some ideas

www.muftisays.com/blog/Muadh_Khan/3092_30-11-2012/1460203...

+1 -1Like x 1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 16:10
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I saw one of your stories somewhere on this forum and I liked it but it was incomplete.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 16:51
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Serious question. At what point does it become haram to send our children to schools where they are taught kufr, atheism, haram ideology, promiscuity, shamelesness, free mixing, lgbtq lifestyle and equality, etc.

I personally feel that in the UK it's haram already and I would never send my kids to secular schools. I sent them to Islamic schools for a few years, but that didn't work out so I home school them instead. Apart from the lack of social learning I am very happy with home schooling and Alhamdulillah they are all very intelligent children.

I understand that not everyone thinks like me and I am genuinely interested in learning why most people think it's fine to send our kids to secular schools and at what point they think it will become haram.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 17:39
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

If things are under my control I would do home schooling for my children. To be honest, I don't trust these education systems. I don't want my kids to go through all that journey of extreme confusion and then discovery of what deen is all about.

I am also not completely convinced about madaris. Especially the quality of education before dars e nizami starts. In my locality, there was a school named International Islamic School affiliated with International Islamic University. I went there to gather information and learned that they have a music class too :(. I and my wife decided that we will not allow our children to be fooled and fed nonsense in the name of Islam because in secular school, we can tell them that this is bad and we shouldn't do it but how can we handle a child when he is taught music in the name of Islam?
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 18:03
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

My kids have watched all Abdul Bari episodes and now they are fed up of it.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 18:07
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I was talking about Islamic Schools which are being run under the supervision of Ulama. We have some great schools in Pakistan like this one.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 18:17
I went to a normal school, never prayed/fasted and chased girls like every other boy in Pakistan. Should have I gone to an Islamic school...Probably

If I could turn back time would I go to an Islamic school instead of my normal school knowing what my life is now and what happened in my life?...No

Would I put my kids in an Islamic school? ...Yes because I don't know about their future and their choices

Why? Because not going to an Non-Islamic school better prepared me for the what life threw at me in my life...For others it may be different.

If I could turn back time would I go to an Islamic school instead of my normal school knowing not knowing about the future?...Sure

Would I like to grow up in Pakistan of today?...ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Why? Because "Secular Pakistan" better prepared me for what my life threw at me instead of extremist Pakistan of today.

Personal choice...

P.S: I fully get that everybody will disagree with me on this post but without knowing why I am saying what I am saying you will be wrong.

Allah Knows best.
+1 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 18:29
Quote:
Because "Secular Pakistan" better prepared me for what my life threw at me instead of extremist Pakistan of today.

What do you mean by extremist Pakistan? Religious extremism or secular extremism?
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 18:29
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

No it's complete. What could the reporter possibly do when the shaykh died?
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?