Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

A muslim from Egypt needs some help!

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Srinagar, JK, India
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 10:39

Assalamualaikum!

Please refer to this question parenting . stackexchange . com/questions/24171/i-am-21-and-i-am-terrified-beyond-belief-of-my-father

Note: I had to put white spaces in the link above after and before each . to override moderation

I am a 21 year old female living in Egypt and I am beyond terrified of my own father...at least i think he is my father. To say it shortly i think i might be adopted at a young age and no one told me about it.

In Egypt, daughters must carry the same name as the father my name is different than my father's hence the conclusion of being adopted.

On to the actual topic; I have been living in fear of my father since I was 6 years old. He left my mother and I since I was five and married another woman behind our backs. I have despised him ever since but my mother would have me spend every Friday with him and his family even though she hates it.

My father would hit me and yell at me since I was three and still is until now. His yells send cold chills down my spine and once I actually peed myself from fear when I was 20!

I don't think this is healthy, living in fear all my life to the extent that I have to motivate myself a couple of times before walking out of the house.

My mother died when I was 12 and I was forced to live with my father and his family which brought on more fear and anxiety because his wife hated my guts along with her oldest daughter.

My health is starting to deteriorate due to the constant fear and anxiety I have. I cant move out because my father won't allow it. I don't have any friends willing to take me in for a few weeks and my father wont allow it either, and I seem to have no other option than to just wait for my death.

Yeah... I have been constantly thinking that death is the only way out from this misery... I wont lie and say that I haven't thought of suicide... because I have... A LOT! If it weren't forbidden in my religion I think i would have done it a long time ago.

I just want help as to what I should do? Talking is not an option because my father is not the type to talk to... he is like a ticking time bomb; a grenade with the pin out.

What should I do to stop this constant feeling of anxiety and terror from my father? How could I escape this life I call my prison?

I know it's not much of a parenting question, but I thought since you are parents you would have some helpful advice. Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture clearly.

The person is in trouble and there are some people (seeming christian missionaries) who are trying to convert her. Please read all the answers of the thread posted above and help her if anyone of you can.

Jazakallah!

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Srinagar, JK, India
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 10:49
How much time you take to review a post and why my messages are always kept pending. This post is concerned with Imaan (Faith) of a muslim, kya moderation
No post ratings
Rank Image
Srinagar, JK, India
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 10:50
I am posting the question here now since my question is awaiting moderation (for no reasons).

Assalamualaikum!

Please refer to this question parenting.stackexchange.com/questions/24171/i-am-21-and-i-am-terrified-beyond-belief-of-my-father

I am a 21 year old female living in Egypt and I am beyond terrified of my own father...at least i think he is my father. To say it shortly i think i might be adopted at a young age and no one told me about it.

In Egypt, daughters must carry the same name as the father my name is different than my father's hence the conclusion of being adopted.

On to the actual topic; I have been living in fear of my father since I was 6 years old. He left my mother and I since I was five and married another woman behind our backs. I have despised him ever since but my mother would have me spend every Friday with him and his family even though she hates it.

My father would hit me and yell at me since I was three and still is until now. His yells send cold chills down my spine and once I actually peed myself from fear when I was 20!

I don't think this is healthy, living in fear all my life to the extent that I have to motivate myself a couple of times before walking out of the house.

My mother died when I was 12 and I was forced to live with my father and his family which brought on more fear and anxiety because his wife hated my guts along with her oldest daughter.

My health is starting to deteriorate due to the constant fear and anxiety I have. I cant move out because my father won't allow it. I don't have any friends willing to take me in for a few weeks and my father wont allow it either, and I seem to have no other option than to just wait for my death.

Yeah... I have been constantly thinking that death is the only way out from this misery... I wont lie and say that I haven't thought of suicide... because I have... A LOT! If it weren't forbidden in my religion I think i would have done it a long time ago.

I just want help as to what I should do? Talking is not an option because my father is not the type to talk to... he is like a ticking time bomb; a grenade with the pin out.

What should I do to stop this constant feeling of anxiety and terror from my father? How could I escape this life I call my prison?

I know it's not much of a parenting question, but I thought since you are parents you would have some helpful advice. Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture clearly.

The person is in trouble and there are some people (seeming christian missionaries) who are trying to convert her. Please read all the answers of the thread posted above and help her if anyone of you can.

Jazakallah!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Srinagar, JK, India
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 10:54
How much moderation?

I had posted the question again but it is also awaiting approval.

Now i am posting the question again here and modifying the external links so that it won't be moderated again.

Assalamualaikum!

Please refer to this question parenting . stackexchange . com /questions/24171/i-am-21-and-i-am-terrified-beyond-belief-of-my-father

Note: I had to put whitespace between each . in the link above to override moderation.

Quote:

Jazakallah!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 11:25
faizanakram99 wrote:
View original post

I think for new members all posts go into moderation automatically.....Once you have been posting here for a while you will no longer have post pending or whatever...I suppose its a safety measure to keep deviants and internet trolls out.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2016 13:10
New members are able to post without moderation, but in this case a link was posted, therefore it requires moderation. This will continue until you have a good number of posts and ratings InshaAllah.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?