Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Children getting scared at night whilst asleep ?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2015 12:25
Salaam

Thought this would be a good topic to discuss.

Please share advice, experiences etc this is a common thing and most kids will get scared from time to time or even on a regular basis. How to deal with it?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2015 12:26

Abdullah bin Mubarak wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Recite the verses of the Qur'aan and blow on them. If that doesn't work print Manzil and make them wear that at night.

Jzk

+1 -0Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2015 13:32
salaam

alhamdolillah, my kids have never been scared of the night and darkness. this is because i have never had a television and never filled their heads with fairy tales and stories of ghosts/goblins/trolls/jinns etc.today kids will watch horror films, play ghastly video games, read fairy tales etc -through this and other things they get introduced from a very young age the concept that the night and darkness is to be feared and that there are things lurking in the night and darkness that we should fear.

if you dont introduce them to these things then night and day, light and dark will have no difference to them.naturally humans will have some fear of night and darkness, but why emphasise it and embed it into their heads even further beyond what is natural?

edit: i do believe in the existence of jinns. i just dont believe every rumour that people spread about jinns.
+6 -0Like x 2Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2015 17:43
i used to get slightly scared at bedtime, not enough to bother my parents but still....because of novels, some tv, but mostly the news. people coming into your house at night, stealing or murdering...
a night light or leaving the door half open worked for me. also shared my room with a sibling.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2015 19:50
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Quote:
because i have never had a television

Very rare.
Masha'Allah.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 4th September 2015 09:39
Perform the short Ruqya over them or recite Aayatul Kursi and blow around the room.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 5th September 2015 12:50
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I understand the permissibility of taweez, however on a personal perspective it's not something I'm fully comfortable with due to various reasons , especially for kids.

Plus a taweez of manzil would be quite large.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 5th September 2015 12:52
kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

This is more in relation to kids and toddlers brother :)

In relation to older people, I actually know a person in his late 20's sleeps with the light on and a knife under his mattress.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 5th September 2015 12:57
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Wasalam

That's good, when kids grow up they automatically start to realise that their are things out there that can cause them harm and that's when the realisation kicks in itself and this is where fear develops etc and then parents and others capitalise on it and scare them from various things to get their way or to keep some fear element there for control purposes.

However what I'm referring to is just kids naturally getting scared, pretty common amongst kids and I know many do wear taweez in the end, just not a route I'd personally not want to take, only as a last resort.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 7th September 2015 16:08
Abdullah bin Mubarak wrote:
View original post

I've noticed with kids from birth to slightly older age that they do get startled in their sleep causing them to jump and wake up. This is (from experience) normally linked to noises they had heard and were scared by when they heard it whilst awake. This could be from TV, people arguing, shouting, slamming of doors, falling down etc etc. Their subconscious mind plays it back to them in their dream and they are woken up by it, even by sounds that they weren't listening out for but heard it in the background, enough for their mind to recall it.

I don't think it's anything spooky, but always better to recite over them and if possible to ask them to also recite.

Allahu Alum.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in red?