You have contributed 12.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Yasin, member2, ummi taalib, Taalibah, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2013 20:51
I haven't read anything posted on this web site about the recent killing in Woolwich.

Without this getting out of hand, I wanted to post my own report and my take on the reaction of people.

1. The Incident

On Wednesday 22nd May 2013 in broad daylight in the afternoon, a man was murdered by two men who were fully aware of what they are doing. With no attempt to escape and giving a recording with their reason, the UK public is baffled and divided with numerous views.

The above has been slammed by the media with their own version with:

Quote:
A British soldier, a loving father was brutally murdered by Islamic extremists bringing terror to the streets of London.

Now why the media portrays the incident in this fashion can be judged and analaysed by anyone who has an ounce of common sense.

2. What did the killer say?

Quote:
“The only reason we have killed this man today is because Muslims are dying daily by British soldiers. And this British soldier is one. It is an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. By Allah, we swear by the almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone. So what if we want to live by the Shari’a in Muslim lands? Why does that mean you must follow us and chase us and call us extremists and kill us? Rather you lot are extreme. You are the ones that when you drop a bomb you think it hits one person? Or rather your bomb wipes out a whole family? This is the reality. By Allah if I saw your mother today with a buggy I would help her up the stairs. This is my nature. But we are forced by the Qur’an, in Sura At-Tawba, through many ayah in the Qu’ran, we must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I apologise that women had to witness this today but in our lands women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your governments, they don’t care about you. You think David Cameron is going to get caught in the street when we start busting our guns? You think politicians are going to die? No, it’s going to be the average guy, like you and your children. So get rid of them. Tell them to bring our troops back so can all live in peace. So leave our lands and we can all live in peace. That’s all I have to say. [in Arabic:] Allah’s peace and blessings be upon you.”

This is a very clear statement. But the media has decided what you need to hear from that and here are the headlines:

INDEPENDANT
"Sickening, deluded and unforgivable"

DAILY STAR
BAGHDAD TERROR COMES TO THE UK
Two attackers vowed 'By almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you'
SOLDIER BEHEADED ON LONDON STREET
Targeted for wearing Help fo Heroes T-shirt

METRO
"You will never be safe, we will not stop fighting"

the guardian
'You people will never be safe'

The Daily Telegraph
"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. We won't stop fighting you until you leave us alone"

We can clearly see that the media has chosen what the British need to hear for their agenda. This isn't my view or an opinion. This isn't an attempt to undermine any government, media or organisation. This is simple fact that everyone can see who want to see it.

3. What do the Muslims say?

All Muslims say the same thing and every non-Muslim need to open their eyes and ears to take this in. "No Muslim is for murders on the streets" - "No Muslims do this in the name of Islam truly or on behalf of a community." However, non-Muslims, Christians, Jews and Hindus are killing not only the streets but butchering entire families in their own homes. So before applying your highly civilised and loving care for this single victim of hate crime, do not forget what your OWN people are doing with YOUR MONEY. This was the message from the killers which the entire country is choosing to ignore.

4. Why is EDL going crazy?

Read up on EDL. They only need to see a Muslim sneeze to start rallies, violence and chaos on the streets.

5. What is the conclusion?

The incident was a crime (if it's not a false flag). A crime is taken to court and sentences are given to the criminals. If a white Christian commits a murder, should all the Muslims rally outside churches? When a 75 year old Pakistani (old) man was murdered by a white male, should the Muslims come down on churches and all white people in the country?

The killers are criminals and like with any crime, let it be on the criminals.

6. If this is a crime.....

Then we can't miss the points raised by the criminals. British and American soldiers are doing exactly the same in Afghanistan, Iraq and have done worse in other countries in the near past.

So why is this crime plastered over every channel but not the crime of your own soldiers? I don't understand. How is this a democracy when the governement and government controlled media even dictate what you need to know about a murder that happened in broad daylight?

To finalise, A CRIME IS A CRIME NO MATTER WHO COMMITS IT. TRIAL EVERY CRIMINAL INCLUDING YOUR OWN SOLDIERS OR LET ALL MURDERS SLIP BY LIKE THEY DO IN AFGHANISTAN, IRAQ, PALESTINE etc

George Galloway just said, "The irony is that William Hague was in Jordan giving YOUR money to the same kind of people who open chests and eat hearts on VIDEO"

WAKE UP UK - WAKE UP ISLAMOPHOBES - WAKE UP HATERS - In the end, you will only harm yourselves in the process of hating the wrong people.

Disclaimer: Due to the nature of this article, I must convey that only publicly avaiable data is posted here. They are what I (myself) have come across and know of. The web sites containing this are not responsible for MY contents. There is no inciting of hatred involved. If one chooses to perceive it thus, that is their own choice.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Agree x 2Winner x 3Creative x 1
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2013 21:23
From The Newham Recorder (newspaper)

Muslim leaders in Newham have condemned the attacks in Woolwich yesterday and ask the community not to judge their faith by the actions of two murderers.

A statement, signed by Imam Yunus Dudhwala and Imam Khalil Ibn Ilyas Laher on behalf of the Newham Ulama Forum, reads:

"As Muslim Imams and Leaders, we begin by expressing our sincere condolences to the family and loved ones of the deceased.

"There is no justification whatsoever of this kind of cold-blooded murder anywhere in the world.

"And then to kill someone in broad daylight, apparently mutilate his body, something which the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) did not allow even in the battlefield, how can one justify this gruesome act?

"It is very easy for some to muddle this barbaric act with the suffering of Muslims around the world and we really need to separate the two. Two wrongs do not make a right.

"We condemn this killing unreservedly. As Imams and leaders in the UK, we stand up responsibly and are very clear in our condemnation and we will not peddle towards justifying this act because of the wrong that is happening elsewhere.

"It should also be pointed out to those who will paint the whole Muslim community with the same brush.

"While two men apparently from the Muslim faith were committing this heinous crime, hundreds and thousands of Muslim doctors, nurses and healthcare workers were helping people in this country, saving peoples lives, regardless of faith, colour or creed.

"Many Muslim doctors were in theatres saving people's lives at that exact time.

"While these two men claiming to be Muslims were carrying out their calculated brazen murder on the streets of London, hundreds and thousands of Muslim men and women were educating our children in schools up and down the country, teaching them to be good citizens, living side by side, treating each other with respect.

"Some Muslims were cleaning our streets, cleaning our hospitals to save people from infection, some were feeding the elderly, some were reporting on the incident as journalists.

"Don't tarnish a whole community because of the actions of two criminals.

"Don't tarnish a whole faith because of the actions of two murderers.

"Muslims condemn this act unreservedly."
+3 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2013 17:15

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Although the reaction of the media is unfortunate in trying to put Islam & Muslims on trial, the fact of the matter according to Shariah any murder of an innocent person is unIslamic and condemned.

We live in this country based on a covenant that we will uphold the laws and regulations of the country and in this case in my humble opinion a brutal murder has occurred which is a crime which should be condemned unreservedly and let the law of the country and judiciary take its due course.

We (as Muslims) must continue to disagree with certain aspects of the foreign policy but at the same time we should also condemn what is truly unIslamic and impermissible. The two issues aren’t always linked. We can’t rob, cheat people in the streets because someone of that race is doing it out in the streets.

So yes we stand against every murder, every crime, every oppression, every atrocity, every tragic and brutal event but we shouldn’t have to present defence for Islam (our faith) multiple times because when a Catholic or a Hindu or a person of Jewish person commits a brutal crime their faith isn’t put on trial by a Media.

Of course Islam is against innocent people being murdered , its a given.

+4 -0Agree x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2013 12:55
Mawlana Shams (Ebrahim College) Sermon describing his meeting with the deputy prime minister:
Halalified YT Audio

Woolwich Murder - Not in Our Name by Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf
Halalified YT Audio

Masha-Allah, these talks do not just condemn the actions of 2 extremists in Woolwich so as to be accused of being "sellout Imaams" but take the issue head on with all the pertinent factors involved. They chide the media and the government in sidelining the devote Muslims who follow Islaam only to be labelled an extremist. The dreaded foreign policy for fomenting this hatred in the first place.

The pain of the Ummati when when even one Ummati is killed or in pain. The need to understand the pain of Muslims. The love for each other. Subhan-Allah - Such a passionate explanation.

The need for media outlets to stop inviting the extremist likes of Anjem Choudary - STOP giving the extremist a platform on which to feed their non mainstream views.

Well worth a listen, and to share to others including non Muslims.

May Allah reward both Mawlana Shams and Mufti Abdur-Raheem for their excellent efforts to arrest the rot in our midst

آمين

(received via email/whatsapp)
Awesome talks, Masha.Allah
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2013 13:04

Here is the view of a Muslim politician (self-styled Imam) who has had no formal training in Shariah and Fiqh

Notice the difference between what and how he is saying to what the Ulamah said in the post above.

+1 -0Winner x 1
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 26th May 2013 12:42
From the guardian

Quote:
I am a former soldier. I completed one tour of duty in Afghanistan, refused on legal and moral grounds to serve a second tour, and spent five months in a military prison as a result. When the news about the attack in Woolwich broke, by pure coincidence Ross Caputi was crashing on my sofa. Ross is a soft-spoken ex-US marine turned film-maker who served in Iraq and witnessed the pillaging and irradiation of Falluja. He is also a native of Boston, the scene of a recent homegrown terror attack. Together, we watched the news, and right away we were certain that what we were seeing was informed by the misguided military adventures in which we had taken part.

So at the very outset, and before the rising tide of prejudice and pseudo-patriotism fully encloses us, let us be clear: while nothing can justify the savage killing in Woolwich yesterday of a man since confirmed to have been a serving British soldier, it should not be hard to explain why the murder happened.

These awful events cannot be explained in the almost Texan terms of Colonel Richard Kemp, who served as commander of British forces in Afghanistan in 2001. He tweeted on last night that they were "not about Iraq or Afghanistan", but were an attack on "our way of life". Plenty of others are saying the same.

But let's start by examining what emerged from the mouths of the assailants themselves. In an accent that was pure London, according to one of the courageous women who intervened at the scene, one alleged killer claimed he was "... fed up with people killing Muslims in Afghanistan ...". It is unclear whether it was the same man, or his alleged co-assailant, who said "... bring our [Note: our] troops home so we can all live in peace".

It should by now be self-evident that by attacking Muslims overseas, you will occasionally spawn twisted and, as we saw yesterday, even murderous hatred at home. We need to recognise that, given the continued role our government has chosen to play in the US imperial project in the Middle East, we are lucky that these attacks are so few and far between.

It is equally important to point out, however, that rejection of and opposition to the toxic wars that informed yesterday's attacks is by no means a "Muslim" trait. Vast swaths of the British population also stand in opposition to these wars, including many veterans of the wars like myself and Ross, as well as serving soldiers I speak to who cannot be named here for fear of persecution.

Yet this anti-war view, so widely held and strongly felt, finds no expression in a parliament for whom the merest whiff of boot polish or military jargon causes a fit of "Tommy this, Tommy that ..." jingoism. The fact is, there are two majority views in this country: one in the political body that says war, war and more war; and one in the population which says it's had enough of giving up its sons and daughter abroad and now, again, at home.

For 12 years British Muslims have been set upon, pilloried and alienated by successive governments and by the media for things that they did not do. We must say clearly that the alleged actions of these two men are theirs alone, regardless of being informed by the wars, and we should not descend into yet another round of collective responsibility peddling.

Indeed, if there is collective responsibility for the killings, it belongs to the hawks whose policies have caused bloodbaths - directly, as in Afghanistan and Iraq, and indirectly in places as far apart as Woolwich and Boston, which in turn have created political space for the far right to peddle their hatred, as we saw in the immediate aftermath of the Woolwich attack.

What we must do now is straightforward enough. Our own responsibilities are first of all to make sure innocents are not subject to blanket punishment for things that they did not do, and to force our government - safe in their houses - to put an end to Britain's involvement in the vicious foreign occupations that have again created bloodshed in London.
+3 -0Winner x 2
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 26th May 2013 14:18
+0 -0Like x 2
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2013 18:27

(click to open)

A mosque was petrol bombed. This is terrorism in its true meaning. But as it wasn't done by a Muslim, check the double standards of the media. The above is a screenshot of the homepage where the big stories such as terrorism is meant to be. See if you can find the news about this terrorism against the Muslims.

Please stop paying TV licensing. Get rid of it. EVERYTHING is already on the internet.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2013 18:21
York Mosque praised for offering EDL protesters tea

A mosque has been praised for serving tea and biscuits to English Defence League supporters after the far-right group arranged a demonstration there.

About six people turned up to protest at the mosque in Bull Lane, York, on Sunday and were invited inside to play football with worshippers.

More than 100 supporters of the mosque had gone there after learning of the planned EDL protest.

Archbishop of York Dr John Sentamu said the mosque's response was "fantastic".

He said: "Tea, biscuits, and football are a great and typically Yorkshire combination when it comes to disarming hostile and extremist views."

'Proud moment'
Father Tim Jones, who went to the Bull Lane mosque, which is situated in his parish, said: "I've always known they were intelligent and compassionate people and I think this has demonstrated the extent to which they are people of courage - certainly physical courage and also a high degree of moral courage.

"I think the world can learn from what happened outside that ramshackle little mosque on Sunday."

Hull Road ward councillor Neil Barnes said it had been a "proud moment for York".

He said: "I don't think I'll ever forget the day that the York Mosque tackled anger and hatred with peace and warmth - and I won't forget the sight of a Muslim offering a protester tea and biscuits with absolute sincerity."

Fears over a demonstration grew after Yorkshire EDL Scarborough Division posted a message on its Facebook page calling for supporters to gather outside the mosque.

Imam Abid Salik said: "We did have a few people who did come to protest but when they came some of the members of the mosque went over and they engaged in a conversation.

"Some people went over with cups of tea and biscuits, they were talking for about 30 or 40 minutes and then they came inside, which was a really, really beautiful thing."
+1 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 30th May 2013 22:46
Events for Saturday 1 June:

Central London

Planned demonstration by BNP

The MPS has this afternoon, 30 May, imposed conditions upon a march and rally being planned by the BNP for Saturday 1 June.

Conditions have been imposed under Section 12 and 14 of the Public Order Act, 1986, that the BNP march and rally must take place between 1300 and 1600, between Old Palace Yard and the Cenotaph in Whitehall on 1 June.

The BNP applied to hold a march and rally on 1 June from Woolwich Barracks to the Lewisham Islamic Centre. The BNP's intention to hold this march and rally resulted in a number of groups indicating they wished to attend to hold counter protests.

The information and intelligence available to the MPS meant that it was necessary to impose the conditions to prevent the demonstration from resulting in serious disorder, serious damage to property, and/or serious disruption to the life of the community.

Commander Simon Letchford, MPS, said:

"The murder of Lee Rigby in Woolwich last week shocked our city. The right to protest is a fundamental part of our society, however, such an evocative mix of views being expressed in communities still hurting from Lee's murder could have resulted in ugly scenes on our streets.

"Those communities have made it clear to us the impact that groups expressing extreme views has upon them. We have listened to those concerns following Lee Rigby's murder, and we will keep working with all our communities.

"We know that when groups with conflicting views come together it can create tension and disorder. What we have had to carefully consider is how to balance the right to protest with the negative impact on our communities and potential violence and disorder that may have resulted from these protests going ahead as they were suggested.

"If you want to protest on Saturday we ask that you do so peacefully, no matter what your view. We will work with you to enable that protest to go ahead. What we will also do is fulfill our duty to prevent crime and keep peace on our streets.

"The support we have received so far from Londoners has been outstanding, I would urge people to continue to show restraint and calm. We must continue to be a city that stands together."

The decision to apply Section 12 and 14 of the Public Order Act was taken based on current community tensions, the current intelligence picture about Saturday and recent marches and protests held by similar groups. As part of the MPS assessment of current community tensions the views of a range of local representatives have been sought. Taking all these factors into consideration the MPS has made an operational policing decision to take this approach, and believe it to be proportionate in these specific circumstances.

Attempts by the MPS to change the location of the protest via negotiation were unsuccessful.

Breach of the conditions is a criminal offence, and anyone breaching them may find themselves open to arrest.

The MPS Counter Terrorism Command is undertaking a complex and fast moving investigation into Lee Rigby's murder. Since the 22 May the MPS has been running an operation to provide extra reassurance patrols, and provide a response to any protests.

Police activity

There is a full and proportionate policing plan in place for this event with additional officer on duty across London .

Local police will continue to work on your boroughs

Police and partners on the borough continue to meet with concerned groups to understand local matters and provide reassurance

Police continue to speak with groups who wish to protest/demonstrate to ensure activity is facilitated

Police and partners have been working with faith communities to deal with community concerns and fears

Police appeal to all groups who wish to demonstrate or counter demonstrate in Central London to ensure their event is peaceful

The police ask community and youth leaders where they can to engage with their youth contacts to advise on the policing plan and advise on peaceful protest

The policing operation will be proportionate and aim to keep peace on the streets and prevent crime
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd November 2013 17:27

This was cold blooded murder but I have never come across a unified defintion of:

1. What is Terrorism?
  2. Who is a Terrorist?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd November 2013 20:41
defining wrote:
View original post

@brother muadh

The link posted by guest, relating to your question may interest you.
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd November 2013 21:27
super-glue wrote:
View original post

Salaamualaikum
I wonder if these guys who killed that soldier in woolwich were salafees?! Any info on that bro?
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2014 14:35
I couldn't login so I missed all this sorry bro. I also hear that they were regular with Salafi groups. Allah knows best though
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2014 14:53
I hear they were ex-HT guys, other reports even suggest that the intelligence community ( mi5) even tried to recruit them.

In prison whilst in custody one of the guys got his teeth knocked out - so you can obviously see that the warden must have turned a blind eye towards him and let the other guys have a go at him.
+2 -0