You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, Moonlight, Yasin, fod1083, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#421 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 23:05

LONDON: A mosque in northwest England will open its doors to end-of-life patients at the end of April, in a community initiative that aims to free up hospital beds amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Masjid E Ghosia in Bolton temporarily closed to worshippers ahead of a lockdown in Britain that came into force on March 23 to prevent the spread of the virus.

More...
www.arabnews.com/node/1659836/world
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#422 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 16:20
People are debating if the virus is airborne or not.

The fact is, the virus is sitting on things we touch and the ground we walk on.

It gets there via sneezing, coughing, spitting etc.

We made friends with an elderly couple in Hajj a few years back. Incidentally, they were also from our local area in London.

My wife helped the lady find a place where she could be treated as she was dehydrating and came close to losing her life.

She took her to the British Medical Team in Mina to my cousin doctor who was volunteering there.

Alhumdulillah she was treated and looked after very well. Till this day, the lady treats my wife like her daughter and loves her very much.

We got close to the elderly couple and would always be there for them if they needed. Alhumdulillah they were independent and didn't need anything.

They, like everyone else have their underlying health issues but not anything serious, alhumdulillah.

At the beginning of the month, the elderly man (uncle) went to the hospital just for a general visit for his own satisfaction. He didn't have an appointment or anything as far as I know.

He was sent home without being seen from what I understood.

2 days later, he became ill. 2 weeks later he passed away with COVID-19!

This is not just the first, second, or third person that we know, there are many more like this that have passed away in our localities.

The virus is not airborne but is transmitting via objects that has been through the air.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#423 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 16:42
I am sorry so many Corona threads and each containing many posts makes it difficult for me to keep track of the discussion.

But all the time I have been feeling, on cue by my friends, that COVID-19 is a rather strong sign from Allah SWT.

He has made it clear to those who want to see that He does not need our prostrations - Masjids shut down the world over.

Have brothers and sisters covered such issues?
+3 -0Like x 3Agree x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#424 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 16:46
Maripat wrote:
View original post

True, Allah won't need our salah, tawaf, juma'a, our ramadhan ibadah, taraweeh, not even haj.

But whoever were regular in these ibadah during normal days will be rewarded with pension (of ibadah) during difficult times.

It is like "unemployment benefits" in the west.

Blocked from replying in this thread.
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
India
Brother
#425 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 16:52
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#426 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:34
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

My former local Masjid, which I will always consider as my local Masjid.
Loading tweet
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#427 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:37
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Mufti Tariq Masood sab was saying "In haalath mein ghusl aur namz-e-janazah ka kifayah saaqith ho jaatha hai" "ghusl aur janazah kifayah hai, jaan aur sihath ki hifazath fardh hai"

"In prevailing situation the kifayah of janazah salah and bathing is dropped" "Bathing and janazah are kifayah, Taking care of one's health and not risking one's life is fardh".... I hope I am correct.
Blocked from replying in this thread.
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#428 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:40
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Can you please always also post in English.

Many don't have a clue what it says. I also don't understand one of the words. Jzk.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#429 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:52
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Wait. You're from Stamford hill mosque? I spent my first 4 months Jamaat with Stamford hill brothers.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#430 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:57
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I think the brother means fardh e kifayah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#431 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 18:02
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I haven't been in jamaat since 1995 I think. I've only been in jamaat twice (3 days and incomplete 10 days) I was always independent and still am. We most definitely have not met :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#432 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 18:22
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I think it was 1995 when I went 4 months with your mosque. Yahya Bismillah, Harun, Sulaiman, Isa, were some of the brothers in the Jamaat. I used to come to your mosque quite often. Stayed in Stamford hill a few times for couple of weeks each time.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#433 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 20:51
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#434 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 21:13
This is just my observation!

I've come across people who are not taking the news seriously because they don't know anyone that has died.

The Masjids not opening at all, even for janazahs is also adding to this attitude.

I was talking to someone today and he just treated it as if its all scaremongering and that there is no such thing.

I told him how many Janazahs my locals were doing and it is scary.

I just hope these mosques come to their senses and open for janazahs and inform their locality of such news.

Even mosques such as Central London mosque in Regents Park are closed. I don't think they are even open for ghusl.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#435 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 23:28
Closure of mosques during Ramadan ‘extremely painful’ but a ‘moral obligation’

Apr 17th

Mosque buildings will remain closed to the public during Ramadan following the Government’s decision on extending the lockdown, according to the Mosque and Imams National Advisory Board (Minab).

The board said in a statement that it is “going to be extremely painful and emotionally challenging not to be able to pray together in mosques or hold iftar events in the spirit of Ramadan”.

“But we have a religious and moral obligation to protect life and follow the medical advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.”

Imam Qari Asim, chairman of Minab, said: “It would be deemed extremely irresponsible to congregate for night prayers (tarawih prayer) or hold religious gatherings during this Ramadan in any mosque or houses with people who are not members of the immediate household.

“During the epidemic, the desire to perform prayers with a congregation in a mosque comes second to saving lives.

“We applaud the efforts of imams and mosques, across the country, that have continued to provide religious and spiritual guidance through online and creative ways, whilst the doors of mosques sadly remain closed during this period.”

The beginning of the month of Ramadan will be confirmed upon sighting of the new moon, which is expected on April 23.

Ramadan is also a time when people give zakat, or alms, and the charity Islamic Relief UK said it is pushing ahead with its Ramadan appeal.

It said funds from the this year’s appeal will prioritise projects that support communities with water, food and healthcare and those facing emergencies such as natural disasters or conflict.

Islamic Relief said it will also distribute food parcels in 31 of the world’s poorest countries including Syria, Yemen, Bangladesh and Somalia, following social distancing guidelines, as well as support vulnerable communities in the UK.

Tufail Hussain, director of Islamic Relief UK, said: “Ramadan is a time for British Muslims to thank Allah for our good fortune and to reflect on those less fortunate than ourselves.

“In this current crisis with so many communities coming together to help one another, your Zakat will help make a difference to the most needy, and is safe with Islamic Relief.”
No post ratings

Jump to page: