Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

New Saudi public decency code

You have contributed 49.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 14:55
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

jazkallahu khair
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 15:08

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

There was a Yemeni Shia poet Abu-Bakr bin Shahab Hyderabadi [1846-1923] who wrote a book called

رشفة الصادي من بحر فضائل بني النبي الهادي عليهم السلام

Please consult with the Ulama if Hazrat Shaykh (RA) is quoting from this book (link above) or is it a different book?

Jzk

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 15:30
Guest-49821 wrote:
View original post

True, du'as can be accepted anywhere on the planet.

Undoubtedly, among the best of places where du'as can be accepted are Makkah and Madinah. When you're there during the best times when du'a can be accepted, for example in Ramadan or on a Friday, then you're in the ideal situation for your du'a to be inevitably accepted.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 15:33
Guest-49821 wrote:
View original post

It's all about balance, but selfishly I'll always focus on securing my and my immediate family's akirah. Repeatedly going for Umrah each year will help me in achieving that and at the same time, I also get to beseech Allah's help to those who're in desperate need.
No post ratings
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 15:34
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

رشـفـة الـصـادي من بـحـر فـضـائـل بـنـي الـنـبـي الـهـادي
لـ الـعـلـوي ، أبـو بـكـر بن عـبـد الـرحـمـن

Do shias have abu bakr as their name.
+0 -0Winner x 1
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 15:38
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Two situations:

I am going for umrah, my stay in Hilton Hotel, luxuary buses or cars. Fantastic dishes. Healthy surroundings away from home.

I am helping a needy family. No immediate returns for me. Only duas, assured they will be accepted.

Let us balance it.
+0 -0Like x 1
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 15:47
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote from Abu Bakr Shihab al Din al Hadrami al ‘Alawi: Rashfat al Sadi min Bahr Fada’il Bani al Nabi al Hadi

Al Sayed Abu Bakr Shihab al Din al ‘Alawi al Hadrami writes:

Reverence, love, and veneration of the Sahabah radiya Llahu ‘anhum is incumbent upon all believers, especially the members of the Nabi’s salla Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam Ahlul Bayt. Not only were they Ahl al Riwayah wa al Dirayah (people of transmission and knowledge), they were beacons of guidance and the epitomes of humanity — after the ambiya’. Allah Ta’ala Himself praises them in His book and there are also numerous authentic reports that speak to their virtue. Any fair-minded person would acknowledge their high-rank and status from the following ahadith:

Nabi salla Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam is reported to have said:

الله الله في أصحابي لا تتخذوهم غرضاً بعدي ، فمن أحبهم فبحبي أحبهم ومن أبغضهم فببغضي أبغضهم ، ومن آذاهم فقد آذاني ومن آذاني فقد آذى الله ، ومن آذى الله يوشك أن يأخذه

Looks to be a balanced author.
+0 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 16:11
Guest-49821 wrote:
View original post

Nothing wrong with buying the best package for the sake of ease and convenience providing one doesn't show off.

Both situations can be balanced if you have the funds to do so.

Many 'Ulema who're well off perform Umrah each year and according to to their students or Mureed do donate substantially to the needy or to reliable charities each year.

Alhamdulillah.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 17:19
This is from dawat o azeemath: vol.1 pg 164 in urdu

summary of translation:
Abu Nasr Tummar says. someone met Bashar bin alHaris and said I intent to go for nafl haj, do you have work there.
Bashar said "How much do you have".
he replied "2 thousand dirhams"
Bashar said "What do you want to gain from haj, demonstrate your zuhd, love towards ka'ba, or to please Allah"
he replied "to please Allah"
Bashar said "I shall show a way to please Allah at your home itself, are you ready"
he said "happily"
Bashar "spend this on ten needy people, they can repay their debts, faqeer can improve his status, family man can buy grocery for his children, guardian of orphans can help orphans and please them, if you are strong, give it to a single person. This is because, to help a person in distress, the weak, orphans is better than many nafl Haj. Go and do this. Or tell what is in your heart"
He said "My heart is towards journey to haram"
Bashar smiled "When money is doubtful (from doubtful resources), then nafs demands that nafs must get satisfied, then nafs brings aamal-e-saaleha, (good acts) before him. Allah SWT has promised, he shall accept the aamaal of muttaqeen only"
+0 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 17:49
Guest-49821 wrote:
View original post

Jazak'Allah.

Anything from Allah (Qu'ran) and/or the Messenger (Sunnah) to back that up?

The part where it's better to spend your wealth on the needy and than to repeatedly go for Umrah yearly.
No post ratings
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 17:50
Better English translation of above story is available at "Saviours of Islamic Spirit by Ali Mian Nadvi RA Vol 1 pg 147"
No post ratings
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 17:52
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

That story is quoted by Imam Ghazali RA. It starts from a hadith from Abdullah ibn Masud RA.
Read the book quoted in above post
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2019 18:27
Guest-49821 wrote:
View original post

I don't have it unfortunately. Can you provide a reference of the Hadith and the chain? Jazak'Allah.

I've discussed this with scholars before and according to them, it's still preferable to keep going for Umrah year providing one is going with the right intention and you're not financially overburdening yourself.

Allah (SWT) knows best whether donating to others is more profitable in ajar. We're ultimately here for ourselves and he (SWT) made us to worship him - Umrah is a practical form of worship that Rasullullah (SWT) encouraged us to keep doing. :)
+1 -0
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2019 14:19
In our society there are muslim brothers who give priority to quality education of their children, donating to charities, building schools and colleges and managing them. After their fardh haj they never visit haramain; neither they have intentions nor ambitious of visiting haram again and again. (Naturally they have priority and all their funds and resources are utilized on that priority, nothing left to even think of umrah)
Our scholars differ with them. But people like me who are weak in imaan feel envious about these brothers.
+0 -0Agree x 1
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2019 22:27
Sultan Salahuddin, Allamah
Iqbal, Tippu Sultan, Aurangzeb and several other luminaries of Islamic history did not perform even the obligatory haj despite a burning desire for it. Their pre-occupations with administration, expansion or the conquest of Baitul Maqdis in the case of Salahuddin did not permit them to carry out the Fardh act, let alone making it a ritual.
Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is reported to have warned his companions of a time in future when the Muslim elite would come to the Holy Places as part of a pastime, people of average means would visit for the purpose of trade, while the poor would utilize the opportunity for begging. The statement carries tacit discouragement for turning visits to holy places into a periodic ritual. If indeed this is the case, all of us must express concern at the fulfilment of this prophecy. Let not our instincts of deriving pleasure be camouflaged by such religious zeal that is without sanction from Islam.
+0 -0Disagree x 1