Top Members

Tariq Ramadan- Accused.

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2017 22:13
The Leader of the French Feminist group the Liberators association has filed Sexual assault charges against Tariq Ramadhan.

Tariq Ramadan denies rape allegations, to file counter-complaint:
'A complaint alleging a false allegation will be lodged with the procurator in Rouen on Monday'

Saturday 21 October 2017 19:35 UTC

Swiss Islamic scholar and theologian Tariq Ramadan denied allegations of rape and sexual aggression and will lodge a counter-complaint, according to a newspaper report on Saturday.

A complaint was filed on Friday in Rouen, France, by Henda Ayari, a former Salafist turned feminist activist. She lodged her complaint with the prosecution service charging “criminal acts of rape, sexual aggression, violent acts, harassment and intimidation.”

Ramadan has hired Yassine Bouzrou, a senior lawyer at the Bar in Paris, to make an official complaint of his own, Le Parisien daily newspaper reported on its website. In a statement, Bouzrou said “a complaint alleging a false allegation will be lodged with the procurator in Rouen on Monday.”

Ayari, 40, president of the nonprofit group Liberatrices, wrote on on her Facebook page on Friday of having been a “victim of something very serious some years ago”, and of not revealing the name of her aggressor because of “threats on his part”.

In her 2016 book I Chose to be Free, Ayari wrote of a man she called Zoubeyr, and described a meeting in his hotel room in Paris, where the Muslim intellectual was addressing a conference.

“Out of modesty, I will not give here the precise details of the acts that he forced me to undergo. It’s enough to know that he profited from my weakness”, Ayari wrote in her book, claiming that when she protested and cried for him to stop, he “insulted me, slapped me and hit me.”

“I confirm today the famous Zoubeyr is definitely Tariq Ramadan,” Ayari wrote on Facebook.

Ramadan has written widely on the topic of European Muslims, often encouraging Muslims in the West to take pride in their identity as being European and Muslim, and to adopt the culture of their respective countries without reservation, unless specific aspects clearly clash with the teachings of Islam.

He is the author of books including Islam and the Arab Awakening (2011) and What is a Western/Muslim Individual Today (2015).

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2...
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2017 08:49
I am not in this world to please Salafi turned Feminazis so may Allah SWT grant a victory to Professor Tariq Ramadan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2017 10:52
sounds like a stupid opportunitisic attention seekin apostate. hope shes disgraced in both worlds.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2017 21:17
It is now quite possible that there will be other Muslim speakers who will be accused in the not so distant future. This may be a developing trend.

Allah knows best who is telling the truth and who is not.

Some interesting thoughts here.

mybeliefs.co.uk/2017/10/22/tariqramadan-noumanalikhan-typ...

"...Do away with your liberal attempt to interact with women in a one on one conversation with no third person present, or holding non segregated gatherings. Adapt our tried and tested approach of our elders when it comes to holding, organising and conducting classes or talks for men and women: segregate and always ensure there is a third person (a mehram) with you if you MUST engage with the opposite sex on a one on one basis for whatever reasons...."
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2017 23:07
apostates like asra nomani are already doing their rounda calling him the muslims weinstien. regardless if he is cleared or not this is why as the above post states ulema, daees and all of us should follow the examples set before us with regards to segragation. even if one is 100% innocent if ur alone with a woman/women you leave yourself open to false accusations.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2017 08:11
Regardless of whether Tariq Ramadan is innocent or not (I hope he is), you reap what you sow. If you want to adopt western culture, practices and values, then you will naturally have to eat the western fruit that results.

If you want ignore the practice of the sunnah and the wisdom of the elders regarding Islamic values and principles of segregation, what do you expect? Unless absolutely necessary and unavoidable (rarely the case), when we hold these mixed gatherings, at the very least, plenty of zina of the eyes is taking place. Denying this is denying reality.

Really, it seems as soon as someone becomes an academic, as soon as they get a degree a masters, or a PHd, or as soon as they are termed professer, as soon as they learn to speak well in public, it seems they think they have been given a licence to do as they please, to abandon centuries old Islamic values and principles for the new enlightened values (enlightened by the advanced and educated west of course).

There is a major problem with Muslim academics. They are causing many problems. Instead of being an asset for Islam, modern Muslim academia has done the reverse.

Reminds me of the subcontinent titles given to all them dodgy shaiks: Shaikh ul Alam Hazrat Pir zindabad Sahib...... We now have the Western version: Professor, Doctor, Phd x2 , BSc.....
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2017 09:54
Ryder wrote:
View original post

i agree with evrything but do you not think one reason they go to that extreme is cos more traditional scholars are on the other extreme and bein out of touch with reality? ofcourse freemixing and sinnin is not movin forward and progressing bt many need to move with times but keep hold of islamic principles
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2017 11:45

It is perfectly possible to NOT freemix and still interact with Sisters (when required/needed and not randomly) according to Islamic Shariah. Women have always existed in society and it is not a random phenomenon of our times.

A glaring example of ridiculous tittle-tattle is a famous scholars who says that forums are Haram but then women can send him emails and get responses 1-2-1.

When I questioned as to how:

1. Me interacting with a Sister on Sunniforum in front of 10,000 viewers (publicly) is Haram
  2. But a Sister sending a 1-2-1 email is Halal!

I got targeted by abuse and no response is given.

Just like, photography is 100% impermissible so:

1. A scholar defending Islam (or Haqq) on youtube is Haram
  2. But a Scholar coming to London to collect Chanda or to spend last 10 days of Ramadhan (thus taking photographs and submitting them to British embassy for VISA) is Halal
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2017 11:58
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Don’t question or get thrown out of manhaj :-P
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2017 12:07

hmdsalahuddin wrote:
View original post

Khalwa (seclusion) is impermissible in Islam. Deal with women in public with loads of witnesses and be on guard.

It takes a millisecond for Sister to turn and spread a story against you. Most people will join in, spread the news because they will think “There is no smoke without fire…”

If you are a man, most people will NOT take your side and automatically believe the Sister.  If you try to defend your honour, Muslims will abuse you for being harsh to a Sister. If you are a Muslim man and you are being accused by a Sister in your community, you will NOT win!

You will still get accused, abused and tarnished. That’s the way life goes.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2017 12:11
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Even Prophet Moosa a.s was not spared.

Ease way to target a man and tarnish him.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What's behind the word Yellow? (it's not the sun)