Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, Maria al-Qibtiyya
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 29th June 2016 10:17

Incidents of anti-Muslim abuse up by 326% in 2015, says Tell MAMA

nr.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&a...

Monitoring group's report paints picture of an explosion of anti-Muslim hate, with women disproportionately targeted by mostly teen perpetrators

Harriet Sherwood Religion correspondent

Incidents of anti-Muslim abuse and attacks in public areas rose by 326% in 2015, with women disproportionately targeted by mostly teenage perpetrators, according to a new report from the monitoring group Tell MAMA.

More than one in 10 of all incidents reported to the organisation took place in educational establishments, with public transport in city centres another cluster area.

Far-right extremist groups and sympathisers were actively promoting hatred of Muslims on social media, which was a significant radicalisation factor, said Tell MAMA.

“The statistics paint a profoundly bleak picture of the explosion of anti-Muslim hate both online and on our streets, with visible Muslim women being disproportionately targeted by cowardly hatemongers,” said Shahid Malik, chair of Tell MAMA.

“This exponential growth is a testament to the fact that despite great efforts to fight anti-Muslim hatred, as a society we are still failing far too many of our citizens. With the backdrop of the Brexit vote and the spike in racist incidents that seems to be emerging, the government should be under no illusions, things could quickly become unpleasant for Britain's minorities.”

According to the report, the ability of Muslim women to travel on public transport free of fear and intimidation is being curtailed. Women wearing the hijab or niqab were especially vulnerable.

“The largest proportion of incidents involve Muslim women, usually wearing Islamic garments, facing attacks from young white males,” said the report.

The demographic of perpetrators had also changed, with a marked shift to youths aged between 13 and 18, according to data collected from victims. The findings “suggest that some teenagers are being radicalised and are moving away from the mainstream views of their age group, who are much more multicultural in their orientation,” the report said.

Tell MAMA, which was founded in 2012, uses data from more than 15 police forces plus reports from victims and members of the public to compile a picture of Islamophobic activity in the UK.

The organisation directly received 1,128 reports of abuse and attacks in 2015, of which it verified more than 800.

Alongside the notable spike in street-based incidents, it reported many victims saying that bystanders had not intervened or challenged abusive behaviour.

The proportion of incidents – 11% – taking place in schools and colleges was “troubling”, said the report. Teaching staff need to be trained to identify and challenge bigotry in the classroom, said Tell MAMA.

Workers in customer service roles, such as catering, security and taxi drivers, were also disproportionately targeted, according to the report.

Fiyaz Mughal, Tell MAMA's founder, said: “We simply cannot have such hatred fester in our communities and in our societies. With a 326% increase in anti-Muslim hatred reported to us in 2015, we have to deal with this issue … Now is the time to redouble our efforts to tackle such hate from all extremist groups.”

report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 29th June 2016 22:48
+4 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2016 00:41

this happened to a mufti from batley who was with his wife and mother.

IMG_0065.JPG
Downloads: 209
    [149.84 kB]
+4 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2016 00:50
i grew up in batley/dewsbury which has always been a hotspot for the national front and its various incarnations. news of recent racist events makes me feel we have gone back to the 80's. i was very young at the time, but even then these racists had no mercy. i can recount many incidents. earliest incident i remember i was around 6 years old and had 2 dogs and their owner chase me and others across a field that we were playing on. being the youngest i was the slowest and got bitten bad by one of the dogs. another time around the same age, i got pounced on by a gang of NF who were in their late teens. they beat and kicked me as i lay on the ground. these things happened and i am afraid they might happen again. except this time we are stronger and will probably fight back. this will probably lead to race riots.
+5 -0Like x 1
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2016 07:58
Within 5 or 10 years time it'll be gujrat style or burma style riots and much worse. They outnumber us 50 to 1. Militarily 1000s to 1. Once "neutral" non-Muslims become fed up with us then there'll be nothing stopping the other ones who are hungrily baying for our blood.
+0 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2016 09:28
Or Bosnia
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2016 22:14
Well on a positive sort of note...

Screenshot_20160630-170758_1.jpg
Downloads: 498
    [65.13 kB]
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2016 01:54

2016_07_01_05.47.25.png
Downloads: 225
    [113.76 kB]
IMG_20160701_054849.JPG
Downloads: 244
    [49.63 kB]
+2 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2016 15:33
Brexit hate crimes: Muslim assaulted with crowbar while driving in Leyton

A young Muslim today told how he was assaulted by a crowbar-wielding man shouting racist abuse in an attack he fears was linked to Brexit.

Trainee accountant Adil Jamil, 23, was attacked in his BMW in Leyton by a stranger just after midnight on Wednesday as he drove his friend back from a Clapton mosque.

The white man, aged in his 40s, attacked him with a metal pole, smashing his windscreen.

He drove off before the man then allegedly tried to attack a Somalian taxi driver whilst shouting racist abuse about Muslims.

An off-duty security guard, who had been in a car behind Mr Jamil, tackled the man, handcuffing him and pinning him face down on the floor until police arrived.

Mr Jamil told the Standard the man seemed in a “relaxed manner” before he peered into his car.

He said: “He looked at my face and for a split second I saw his eyes light up. He started to run straight at me.

“He was coming towards me brandishing this metal pole in the air in front of him, I knew I was in trouble.

“I didn’t have time to think. I turned to my friend said “He’s got a weapon”, I didn’t know what to do.”

A motorbike coming from behind managed to swerve into the other lane and avoid the on-rushing man.

Mr Jamil swerved his black BMW into the other lane to follow the motorcyclist but the attacker swung the weapon smashing the front windscreen, showering them with broken glass.

Mr Jamil drove off before returning to the scene to learn he had been hurling racist abuse and trying to attack other drivers before he was arrested.

He said: “I was terrified. The whole thing replays in my mind over and over.

“I’m glad nobody was hurt this is the time where everyone comes out of the nearby mosques, there were loads of people around.

“Since Brexit there seems to be a rise in these attacks and people need to look out for each other no matter who it is.”

He added: "There is always a chance incidents like this can rise after the Brexit vote because of the way the people tried to portray certain parts of the community.

"I think it's always a risk but there's a higher risk of attacks now because a lot of the people who hold racist views believe 52 per cent of the country is with them. Of course that's wrong."

David Cameron has said extra cash for security measures will be available as part of a fresh push to “drive appalling hate crimes” out of Britain.

Reports of hate crime have soared by 57 per cent in the wake of the Brexit vote, according to the National Police Chiefs Council.

While Monitoring group Tell Mama published a report yesterday recording 437 anti-Muslim crimes in 2015 compared to 146 in 2014.

Shahid Malik, chairman of monitoring group Tell Mama, said: “With the backdrop of the Brexit vote and the spike in racist incidents that seems to be emerging, the Government should be under no illusions: things could quickly become extremely unpleasant for Britain’s minorities.”

A Met spokesman said: “We were called to Church Road at 12.45am on Wednesday morning to reports of a man almost smashing a car window.

“A man in his mid-40s was arrested for possibly possessing an offensive weapon.”

www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/muslim-attacked-with-crowba...
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2016 15:41
'extra cash for security measures'?

should be putting cash towards educating ignorant people
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+0 -0Agree x 1
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2016 09:39
In the long-term it could become a very bloody viscious cycle. With oppression increasing we'll probably get one or two more July 7 type revenge attacks by one of those crazy awlaki-type salafis (orchestrated by zionists) and then all that hatred towards Poles, Romanians, and other immigrants will be re-directed and chanelled in one direction only. Then most non-muslims, immigrants and indigenous, educated and non-educated, will be united in a witch-hunt against only us. Cue more desperate revenge attacks from our side. And so on.
+0 -0Agree x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2016 10:48
don't say things you wouldn't wish for...only Allah knows what the future for us holds. In the meantime wish, pray and expect for the best, at the end of the day Allah is in control.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2016 12:42
Guest999 wrote:
View original post

Another one who is led to believe that these vile attacks were carried out by Muslim's.

Subhanallah!
No post ratings
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2016 16:47
Another one who has his head firmly in the sand. Don’t tell me you've not come across any salafis who praise or envy such "vile attacks". Of course that doesn't change the fact that the powers that be do facilitate such attacks. Similar to entrapment, only difference is they allow matters to run its natural course after having set everything up. Another "vile attack" in Bangladesh just yesterday praised by many salafis on social media and in real life.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2016 17:29
Guest999 wrote:
View original post

You said "we'll probably get one or two more July 7 type revenge attacks by one of those crazy awlaki-type salafis (orchestrated by zionists)"

Then you're asking "Don’t tell me you've not come across any salafis who praise or envy such "vile attacks"."

"Doing" and "Praising" are two different things. Praising a wrong act is wrong but doing is much worse. 7/7 and the Lee Rigby story are both full of loopholes and inconsistencies (proven in depth with deep analysis) to even say what is said actually took place. Until proven without any doubt, it's a dangerous statement to even assume something like that can happen again in retaliation to what's happening right now as it indicates you accept Muslims doing such acts in the first place.

This does not mean Muslims (or non-Muslims) are incapable of vile acts but it means that you have already accepted that Muslims do this just because BBC & Co. reported it.

If it's praising evil and vile murderous acts you're speaking against then that's what you should mention and you'll be backed up. If it's committing evil and vile acts you're speaking against then that's what you should make clear without indicating it's done by any Muslim without proof. Please don't go by mainstream Zionist media. Go by actual independent reports as the world is now connected and facebook seems to be more reliable than the news as the contents are from the actual public.
+0 -0Agree x 1