Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
India
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2014 10:46
(bism1)

A man from the Copts (the Christians living in Egypt) came to Omar Ibn al-Khattab رضي الله عنه in Al-Madinah, and said,

“O Commander of the Faithful! I seek refuge in you from oppression.”

Omar رضي الله عنه replied, “You have sought refuge where it is to be sought.”

The Egyptian said, “I was racing the son of Amr ibn al-Aas رضي الله عنه (The Governor of Egypt and one of the Companions of the Prophet (saw) ), and defeated him. Then he began to beat me with a whip saying: 'I am the Son of Nobles!''

So, Omar رضي الله عنه wrote to Amr رضي الله عنه commanding him to appear before him with his son. So they appeared before him.

Omar رضي الله عنه inquired, “Where is the Egyptian? He is to take the whip and beat him!”

Then the Egyptian began to beat the son of Amr with the whip as Umar رضي الله عنه said to him, “Beat the Son of Nobles!”

Anas رضي الله عنه said, “So he beat him. I swear by Allah سبحانه وتعالى, as he was beating him we pitied his wailing. He did not desist until we stopped him.”

Then Omar رضي الله عنه said to the Egyptian, “Now beat the whip upon Amr رضي الله عنه’s bald head!”

He replied, “O Commander of the Faithful! For it was his son who beat me, and I have evened the score with him.”

Upon this Omar رضي الله عنه said to Amr رضي الله عنه , “Since when do you enslave the people when their mothers bore them as free men?”

He said, “O Commander of the Faithful! I was unaware of this, and he did not come to me (for justice).”

(Seerah Omar ibn al-Khattab, Ibn Abdi-l Hakam; Kanzu-l `Ummaal, al-Hindi; Rabee`u-l Abraar, al-Zamakhshari)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?