You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
member2, queenie, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, Jinn, Black Turban, umar123
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2011 07:53
It is stated in al-Fiqh al-Akbar: 'The most noble person after the Prophets (upon them be blessings and peace) is Abu Bakr, the Most Truthful (as-Siddeeq), (may Allaah be pleased with him), then 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, the Differentiator (al-Farooq), (May Allaah be pleased with him), then 'Uthman Ibn 'Affan, Possesor of Two Lights (Dhun-Nurayn), (May Allaah be pleased with him)....'

His lineage is: 'Uthman, son of 'Affan, son of 'Aas, son of Umayya, sonf of 'Abd Shams, son of 'Abd Manaf, son of Qusayy al-Qurashi al-Umawi.

The title of Dhun Nurayn was given to him because the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) gave him his daughter Ruqayya (رضي الله عنها) in marriage. When she passed away, the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) gave him his other daughter Umm Kulthum (رضي الله عنها), and when she passed away, the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) remarked, 'If I possessed a third daughter, I would marry her to you, too.' This is why Hadrat Uthman (رضي الله عنه) was given the title 'Possessor of Two Lights' (Dhun-Noorayn).

It is related by Anas (رضي الله عنه) that when the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) ordered the Pledge of Ridwan (Bay'atur Ridwan), Uthman (رضي الله عنه) was the envoy of the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) to Makkah (and thus not present). The Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) took the pledge from everybody and remarked, ''Uthman is occupied in the work of Allaah and His Messenger,'' and thereafter struck his one hand over the other. This way, the two hands of the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) for Uthman (رضي الله عنه) were superior to everybody else's hands for themselves. (Tirmidhi, al-Manaqib, 1639)
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd November 2011 07:45
His Early Days

Born six years after the year of the elephant ('Aam al-Feel), Hadrat Uthman ibn Affan (radiallaahu 'anh) belonged to a well-reputed and honourable family of Makkah in the period of Jahiliyyah, Banu Umayyah, a branch of the tribe of Quraysh. His ancestral pedigree joints with that of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) in the fifth generation. His father's name is 'Affaan ibn Abi al-'Aas ibn Umayyah ibn 'Abd Shams ibn 'Abd Manaaf. His mother's name is Arwa bint Kurayz. Hadrat 'Uthmaan (RA) was also known by other names, namely Abu 'Abdullaah and Abu Laylah.

'Uthmaan (RA) was one of the few persons in Makkah who learned how to read and write at an early age, and as a young man became a successful merchant and businessman. Of all his contemporaries, he was a venerable man of overrated virtue and outstanding attributes. Though he was extremely wealthy and of high rank, he was always noted for his modesty and humbleness. Even before landing on the safe shore of Islam, he was a soft natured and kind hearted man; he used to help the needy and the poor-stricken, and did not hesitate to spend any amount of money on seeing a man in trouble in order to remove his misery. For his lofty morals and descent way of expression, the Makkans had great respect for him. It is also said that he never wronged anyone, nor did anything obscene, or prostrated himself before idols in Jahiliyyah. (Seeratul Khulafaa' ar-Raashideen, radiallaahu 'anhum)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd November 2011 07:48
'Uthmaan ibn 'Affaan (رضي الله عنه) The Keeper Of Two Lights - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BszXJjPcuLM

By Shaykh Mumtaz Ul Haq

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) informed 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه) (and us) of two things regarding his future:

1.That he would enter Paradise
2.That he would be tested with a major calamity.

[Sahih Al-Bukhari - Volume 8, Book 73, Number 235]

Ink Of Scholars
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2011 07:23
His Personal Appearance

It is said that Sayyiduna 'Uthmaan (radiallaahu 'anh) was a little above average height, extremely handsome, a fair skinned man with a touch of redness in his face, brunet, large-jointed, broad shouldered, with a thick beard which he dyed yellow, and long hair which reached his shoulders, and gold-braced teeth.

'Abdur Rahmaan ibn Hazm al-Muzaniyy رضي الله عنه is reported to have said: "I saw Uthman ibn 'Affaan, and I never saw a man or a woman handsomer of face than him." (Reported by Ibn 'Asaakir)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2011 08:06
Hadrat 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه) Embraces Islaam

Sayyiduna Uthman (رضي الله عنه) was among the early converts to Islam. He and Hadrat Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq (رضي الله عنه) were close friends, and it was Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) who convinced him to embrace Islam, when the latter was thirty-four years of age.

It is narrated that when 'Uthman (رضي الله عنه) was informed about Prophet Muhammad's (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) giving his daughter Ruqayyah (radiallahu 'anha) in marriage to his paternal cousin 'Utbah ibn Abi Lahab, he regretted he had not asked for her hand before him, because everyone wanted to marry her because of her good manners and noble descent. Uthman (رضي الله عنه) went home one day in a state of sorrow to find there his maternal aunt Su'da Bint Khurayz, who was a very wise old woman. She gave him glad tidings that a Prophet would be sent to abolish idol worship and call to monotheism, and she started calling him to the new faith, which she said would fulfil his desires.

Hadrat Uthman (رضي الله عنه) narrates: 'I went away thinking of my aunt's words. I met Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) and told him of what she said, whereupon Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) said to me: "By Allaah, your aunt has spoken the truth, and has given you glad tidings. O Uthman! You are a wise man of sound opinion. You know exactly where the truth lies, and falsehood cannot find a way to your heart." The he said to me: "What are those idols which our people take as lords?! Are they not idols which neither see nor hear, and do not respond to our prayer?!" 'Definitely yes,' I replied. Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) continued, "What your aunt foretold has come true: Allaah has sen His Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) to all mankind with a religion of truth and guidance." I asked, 'Who is he?' Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) answered, "He is Muhammad ibn 'Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib." I wondered, 'The Truthful and Trustworthy?' Abu Bakr replied, "Yes, he is." I said, 'Would you accompany me to him?' Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) accepted, and we went together to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم). When the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) saw me he said, "Respond to Allaah's call, O 'Uthmaan, for I am Allaah's Messenger to you in particular and to all people in general."'

Sayyiduna 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه) added: 'By Allah, no sooner had I looked at him and listened to his words than he became the apple of my eye and found his way quickly to my heart. I therefore did not hesitate to acknowledge his prophethood and believe in him. I pronounced the Shahadah: Laa ilaaha ilAllaah, Muhammadur Rasoolullaah (There is no god but Allaah, and Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the Messenger of Allah.'

When he accepted Islam, the Quraysh who once loved 'Uthmaan became his enemies. Even his relatives began to rebuke him and chastised him severely.

When the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) started to preach Islaam, Abu Lahab asked his son 'Utbah to divorce Ruqayya (رضي الله عنها). When Hadrat 'Uthman (رضي الله عنه) heard of the divorce of Ruqayyah (رضي الله عنها) he asked for her hand, and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) in turn gave her in marriage to him.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2011 08:40
Hadrat 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه) Earns The Title Dhun-Noorayn (Owner Of Two Lights)

Hadrat Uthman (رضي الله عنه) earned the title Dhun-Noorayn, or owner of the two lights, because he enjoyed the privilege of entering into matrimonial alliance with two daughters of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم). These two daughters were the lights which illuminated his house, and thus he was called Dhun-Noorayn. First he married Ruqayyah (رضي الله عنها) following her getting divorced from 'Utbah, and she died during the Battle of Badr. Ruqayyah (رضي الله عنها) was seriously ill just before the battle of Badr, and 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه) sought the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه وسلم) permission to stay behind with a view to looking after her. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) excuse him from participating in the battle, and further gave him the glad tidings that he would be rewarded as though he had taken part in the battle.

Then the illness of Ruqayyah (رضي الله عنها) proved fatal and finally she passed away. At the time of burial, the news came that the Muslimeen gain victory over Quraysh. Yet, the death of Ruqayyah (رضي الله عنها) had left Hadrat 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه) deeply grieved, so the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) offered him the hand of his second daughter, Umm Kulthoom (رضي الله عنها). Hadrat 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه) accepted the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه وسلم) proposal and married his second daughter. The latter lived with him until she died on the 9th year A.H (after Hijrah).

The Scholars state that no one except Hadrat 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه) is known to have married two daughters of a Prophet, and because of this he was called Dhun-Noorayn. (Seeratul Khulafaa' Ar-Raashideen رضي الله عنهم)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 19th December 2011 08:18
The Angels Feel Bashfull In The Presence Of Hadrat 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه)

Hadrat Uthman (رضي الله عنه) was a pious Companion and a man of high character. He was the most bashful of all the Sahaabah (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم).

Ummul Mu'mineen Hadrat 'Aa'isha Siddeeqa (رضي الله عنها) narrates: The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was lying down one day in my apartment with his thighs (or shanks) exposed. Then Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) came and sought permission to enter, and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) bade him come in, in that very state of his. Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) came in and spoke tohim and, having his need fulfilled, went back. Then, Umar (رضي الله عنه) came, sought permission to enter, and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) permitted him to enter while he was in that state. 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) entered and spoke to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and, having his need fulfilled, went back. The, Uthman (رضي الله عنه) came and sought permission to enter, whereupon the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) sat up, straightened his clothing, and then let him enter. Uthman (رضي الله عنه) came in and spoke to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم).

After he had gone I asked the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) came in and you neither sat up nor showed any anxiety (with regard to dressing), and 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) came in and you neither sat up nor showed any anxiety. But when 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه) came in, you straighted out your clothing?" The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "Should I not be bashful of a man in whose presence even the angels feel bashful?" (Muslim)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2011 07:50
Ahaadeeth On The Virtues Of Hadrat 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه)

Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) said: "Uthman (رضي الله عنه) purchased Jannah (Paradise) from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) two times: when he dug the well of Roomah and when he equipped the army of al-'Usrah." (al-Hakim)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2011 08:09
Hadrat Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) narrates that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "From my Companions, 'Uthmaan resembles my character the most." (Reported By Ibn 'Asaakir)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd January 2012 08:09
On the authority of Hadrat Ali (رضي الله عنه), who says: I heard the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) say to Uthman (رضي الله عنه): "If I had forty daughters, I would give them in marriage to you one by one until no one of them remained." (Ibn 'Asaakir)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 08:06
'Asmah Ibn Malik (رضي الله عنه) narrates: When the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه وسلم) daughter who was married to Uthman (رضي الله عنه) died, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "Give your daughter in marriage to 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه). If I had a third daughter, I would give her in marriage to him, and I never gave him my daughters except in complience with a Divine Revelation." (at-Tabarani)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2012 08:45
Sayyiduna Ibn 'Umar (رضي الله عنهما) reports that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "The Angels feel bashful of 'Uthmaan (رضي الله عنه), the way they feel bashful of Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى) and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم)." (Report by Abu Ya'la)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2012 09:06
Sayyiduna Zayd Ibn Thaabit (رضي الله عنه) reports that he heard the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) saying, "'Uthman (رضي الله عنه) passed by me when an angel was sitting with me. The angel explaimed, 'A martyr whose will kill him! We feel bashful of him!'" (Reported by Ibn 'Asaakir)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2012 08:13
Sayyiduna Anas (رضي الله عنه) reports that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "The most compassionate of my nations is Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه); the firmest in abiding by Allaah's Law is 'Umar (رضي الله عنه); the most bashful is 'Uthman (رضي الله عنه); the most knowledgeable of what is lawful and what is prohibited is Mu'adh Ibn Jabal (رضي الله عنه); the best in reciting the Qur'an is Ubayy (رضي الله عنه); the most knowledgeable of al-Faraa'id (the law of inheritance) is Zayd Ibn Thaabit (رضي الله عنه). Every nation has an Ameen (an honest and trustworthy man), and the Ameen of this nation is 'Ubaydah Ibn al-Jarrah (رضي الله عنه)." (Reported by at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i, and Ibn Majah رحمة الله عليهم)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2012 08:14
Sayyiduna Anas (رضي الله عنه) reports that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:

"The most compassionate of my nations is Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه);

the firmest in abiding by Allaah's Law is 'Umar (رضي الله عنه);

the most bashful is 'Uthman (رضي الله عنه);

the most knowledgeable of what is lawful and what is prohibited is Mu'adh Ibn Jabal (رضي الله عنه);

the best in reciting the Qur'an is Ubayy (رضي الله عنه);

the most knowledgeable of al-Faraa'id (the law of inheritance) is Zayd Ibn Thaabit (رضي الله عنه).

Every nation has an Ameen (an honest and trustworthy man), and the Ameen of this nation is 'Ubaydah Ibn al-Jarrah (رضي الله عنه)."

(Reported by at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i, and Ibn Majah رحمة الله عليهم)
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?