Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Rasulullah (saw) and the Sahabah (ra) in the Divine Scriptures before the Qur'an

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2011 09:46
Hadhrat Ataa ibn Yasaar رضي الله عنه reports that once when he met Hadhrat Abdullaah ibn Amr bin Al Aas رضي الله عنه, he asked him, "Tell me about the description of Rasulullaah in the Torah." Hadbrat Abdullaah bin Amr ibn Al Aas رضي الله عنه replied, "Alright. I swear by Allaah that the Torah describes him just as the Qur'aan does. (It says) 'O Nabi! Verily We have sent you as a witness, a giver of glad tidings, a Warner and a protection for the illiterate nation (the Arabs). You are My servant and My Rasool and I have named you Mutawakkil (One who relies on Allaah only). You are neither ill-tempered, hard-hearted nor one who shouts in the marketplace. You do not resist evil with evil, but rather forgives and overlooks.' (The Torah continues to say,) 'Allaah shall never take him (Rasulullaah sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) from the world until people straighten their crooked religion by saying, 'Laa Ilaaha Illalaah' ('There is none worthy of worship but Allaah) By him shall Allaah open blind eyes, deaf ears and veiled hearts."'

(Ahmad. Bukhari has also reported a similar narration from Hadhrat Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood رضي الله عنه. Bayhaqi has also reported a similar narration from Ibn Salaam with the words, "Until he straightens the crooked religion." Ibn Is'haaq has also reported a similar narration from Ka'b Ahbaar, as did Bayhaqi do so in brief from Hadhrat Aa'isha رضي الله عنه.)

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2011 09:48
Hadhrat Wahab bin Munabbih رضي الله عنه narrates that Allaah سبحانه وتعالى sent the following revelation to Hadhrat Dawood (as) in the Zaboor, "O Dawood! There shall soon come after you a Nabi whose name will be Ahmad and Muhammad. He shall be truthful and a leader and I shall never be angry with him. I have forgiven all his errors even before he can commit them. His Ummah shall be showered with My mercy. I shall grant them such Nawaafil (optional) that I have granted only to the Ambiyaa and I shall make compulsory for them such Faraa'idh that I have made compulsory only for the Anbiyaa and the Rusul. They will eventually come to me on the Day of Qiyaamah shining with the same light that shines from the Ambiyaa."

Allaah then said to Dawood (as), "O Dawood! I have granted superiority to Muhammad (saw) and his Ummah over all other nations." (Al Bidaayah wan Nihaayah Vol. 2 Pg. 326)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2011 09:51
Hadhrat Abdullaah ibn Amr رضي الله عنه once asked Hadhrat Ka'b رضي الله عنه to describe to Rasulullaah sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam and his Ummah to him. Hadhrat Ka'b رضي الله عنه said, "I have found them (described as follows) in Allaah's book (the Torah): Verily Ahmad and his Ummah shall praise Allaah abundantly who will praise Allaah (by saying 'al-Hamdu Lillaah') during favourable and adverse conditions. They will exalt Allaah (by saying 'Allaahu Akbar') when ascending an incline and glorify Him (by saying 'SubhaanAllaah') when descending from a raised place. Their call (the Adhaan) shall resound in the skies and during their salaah they will communicate (with Allaah) with humming (whispering) sounds like the sound of bees against a rock. They will form rows in their (congregational) salaah just as the angels form rows and will form rows in battle as they do in salaah. When they go to battle in the path of Allaah (for Allaah's pleasure), the angels will be before them and behind them with powerful spears. When they present themselves for battle in Allaah's path, Allaah shall shade (shelter) them just as a vulture shades her nest (while saying this, Hadhrat Ka'b رضي الله عنه demonstrated with his hand how a vulture protects her nest by spreading her wings over it). They shall never flee from the battlefield." (Abu Nu'aym in his Hilya, Vol. 5 Pg. 386)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2011 09:53
According to another narration, Hadhrat Ka'b رضي الله عنه said, "(The Ummah of Rasulullaah sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam were described in the Torah as) People who shall praise Allaah abundantly, who will praise Allaah (by saying 'al-Hamdu Lillaah') during all conditions. They will exalt Allaah (by saying Allaahu Akbar') when ascending an incline. They will keep track of the sun (to ascertain the correct times of salaah). They shall perform their five daily salaah on time even though it be at a dusty place. They will tie their loincloths at their waists and wash their limbs (when performing wudhu)."

(Abu Nu'aym in his Hilya. Another longer narration has also been reported from Hadhrat Ka'b رضي الله عنه in the same book)
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?