Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Ummul Mu'mineen 'A'isha as-Siddeeqa bint as-Siddeeq (RA)

You have contributed 7.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1, Taqwah, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Naqshband66, bint e aisha
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2011 08:52
Ummul Mu'mineen Hadrat 'A'isha Siddeeqah bint Abi Bakr as-Siddeeq رضي الله عنه: She was the daughter of Hadrat Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq رضي الله عنه (whose actual name was) 'Abdullaah - but some that he was 'Ateeq - Ibn Abi Quhaafah ('Uthman ibn) 'Aamir ibn Ka'b. Her mother was Umm Rooman رضي الله عنه bint 'Aamir ibn 'Uwaymir.

She emigrated with the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and he married her after the Hijrah, but some say that it was in Shawwaal in the 10th year of prophethood about a year and a half before he emigrated to Madeenah. She was a virgin and she was the only virgin he married. Neither she nor any other free wife bore him any children except for Hadrat Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid رضي الله عنه.

He married her when she was six or seven, and she moved in with him when she was nine. She was 18 when he died.

She died the night before Wednesday, 17th Ramadaan in 58 A.H. Hadrat Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه, the representative of Marwaan ibn al Hakam in Madeenah, led the prayer over her. She was buried in al-Baqi'. (al-Araba'een, Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn 'Asakir رضي الله عنه)
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2011 08:54
Ummul Mu'mineen Hadrat 'A'isha Siddeeqah (radiallaahu 'anhaa) said, that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: 'I was shown you in a dream twice. I dreamt that a man carried you on a piece of silk and said, 'This is your wife.' I opened it and saw you. I said, 'If this is from Allaah He will carry it out.'' (Related by al-Bayhaqi رضي الله عنه in Dala'il an-Nubuwwah)

The A'immah agree that it is Saheeh. Abu Abdullaah Muhammad ibn Isma'eel al-Bukhari رضي الله عنه related it in his Saheeh from Mu'alla from Wuhayb with the same meaning and Imam Muslim رضي الله عنه related it from the hadeeth of Hishaam.

The words 'saraqatu hareer', with an 'a' on the letter 'ra' (of saraqatu), mean 'a piece of silk' and 'carry it out' means to complete it. And Allah knows best. A dream of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) is in the same position as revelation.

It is related mursal and there is a more complete text than this which says:

'When Khadeejah رضي الله عنه died, the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) grieved a great deal and Allaah sent Jibreel (as) and he brought him Aisha رضي الله عنه in a cradle, and said, 'Messenger of Allaah, this one will remove some of your grief. In this woman you will find a successor to Khadeejah رضي الله عنه.' Then he returned her. The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) used to frequent the home of Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه and say, 'Umm Rooman, treat 'Aisha رضي الله عنه well and safeguard her for me.' Because of that 'A'isha رضي الله عنه had an esteemed position with her family, although they were not aware of what Allaah had commanded about her.

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) came to them on one of the days in which he used to visit them, and he did not fail to go to the house of Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه a single day since he became Muslim until the Hijrah, and he found 'A'isha رضي الله عنه covered up at the door of Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه weeping out of sorrow. He questioned her and she complained to him of her mother and mentioned that she had hurt her. The eyes of the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) shed tears and he went to Umm Rooman and said, 'Umm Rooman, did I not tell you to safeguard 'Aisha for me?' She said, 'Messenger of Allaah, she told as-Siddeeq رضي الله عنه something about us and he became angry at us,' the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, 'What if she did?' Umm Roomaan said, 'I certainly will never be bad to her.' 'A'isha رضي الله عنه had been born at the beginning of the 4th year of prophethood. (Tabaqat Ibn Sa'd al-Kubra)

This is a mursal hadeeth from Habeeb, the Mawla of 'Urwah ibn az-Zubayr.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2011 08:37
Abu Ali al-Husayn ibn al-Fahm informed us: Muhammad ibn Sa'd narrated to us: Abu Bakr ibn Abdullah ibn Abi Uways informed us: Sulayman ibn Bilal narrated to me from Usamah ibn Zayd al-Laythi from Abu Salamah ibn al-Majishun from Abu Muhammad, the client of the Ghifaris, that Ummul Mu'mineen 'A'isha (may Allah be well pleased with her) said:

'I asked the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), 'Which of your wives are in the Garden (Jannah)?' He replied, 'You are amongst them.'' (Tabaqat Ibn Sa'd)

Abdur Rahman Ibn 'Asakir رضي الله عنه says: This is a Hasan hadeeth of Abu Salamah Yusuf ibn Ya'qub ibn Abdullah al-Majishun. He related from Salih ibn Ibraheem ibn Abdur Rahman ibn Awf. Al-Bukhari transmitted from him in the Saheeh about wakalah and other things. It is Saheeh that Ammar ibn Yasir said, 'She is his wife in this world and the next.' (at-Tirmidhi, as-Sunan)

It cannot be said that he would make such a statement unless it was based on definite knowledge that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) informed him of, which we find in: 'My Master al-Imam Qutb ad-Deen informed us: Abu Muhammad al-Bayhaqi informed us: Abu Bakr al-Bayhaqi informed us: Abu Abdullah al-Hafiz informed us: Ahmad ibn Ja'far al-Qati'i informed us: Abdullah ibn Ahmad ibn Hanbal narrated to us: my father narrated to me: Muhammad ibn Ja'far narrated to us: Shu'bah narrated to us from al-Hakam who said: I heard Abu Wa'il say:

'When Ali رضي الله عنه sent Ammar رضي الله عنه and al-Hasan رضي الله عنه to Kufa to gather them to fight, 'Ammar gave a speech and said, 'I know that she is his wife in this world and the next, but Allah has tested you to see whether you would follow him (Ali) or her.' (al-Bukhari)

This is a Saheeh hadeeth from Abul-Yaqzan Ammar ibn Yasir, the mawla of Banu Makhzum, the companion of the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), who was killed at Siffeen. He was with Ali ibn Abi Talib رضي الله عنه.

Al-Bukhari رضي الله عنه related it in his Saheeh from Muhammad ibn Bashshar from Ghundar from Shu'bah. Imam Abu Abdullah Ahmad ibn Hanbal ash-Shaybani رضي الله عنه, the faqeeh and zahid, the critical and discerning Imam of hadeeth, one of the four A'immah (may Allah have mercy on them), narrated it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2011 08:10
Abu Bakr al-Bayhaqi said: Abu 'Abdullah al-Hafiz informed us: Abu Bakr Muhammad ibn 'Abdullah ibn al-Junayd informed us: Ahmad ibn Nasr narrated to us: Abu Nu'aym al-Fadl ibn Dukayn narrated to us: 'Abdul-Jabbar ibn al-Ward narrated to us from 'Ammar Abu Dawud Duhni from Salim ibn Abul-Ja'd that Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنها) said:

'The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎) mentioned that one of the wives of the believers would rise in insurrection and 'A'ishah (رضي الله عنها) laughed. He said to her, 'Watch out, Humayra*, that it is not you.' Then he turned to 'Ali (رضي الله عنه) and said, "'Ali, if you have control over her, be kind to her."'

This is a Hasan hadith transmitted from Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنها), the wife of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎).

This hadith contains evidence of the validity of his prophethood (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎) and his truthfulness in what he reported would occur. It cam about as he said. This is evidence of his truthfulness in what he reported of the matters of the Hereafter. Allah Knows Best.

* - Humayra is the diminutive of Hamra the feminine of Ahmar 'red', thus meaning, 'little red one'. The Arabs sometimes use 'red' to mean white, as in the saying of the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎) in which he said that he was sent to the red and the black, the former often taken to mean white races, i.e. he was sent to all mankind.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2011 08:00
'A'isha (رضي الله عنها) - The Mother of the Believers

Shaykh Mumtaz Ul Haq

Halalified YT Audio

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2011 08:03
Response to the Evil Slander of the Shia

Shaykh Mumtaz Ul Haq

Halalified YT Audio

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd November 2011 08:14
'Abdullah al-Hafidh informed* informed us: Abul-'Abbas Muhammad ibn Ya'qub narrated to us: Muhammad ibn Ishaq as-Safani narrated to us: Abu Nu'aym narrated to us: 'Abdul-Jabbar ibn al-'Abbas ash-Shibami narrated to us from from 'Ata ibn as-Sa'ib from 'Umar ibn al-Hujna' that Abu Bakrah said that he was asked:

"What kept you from fighting according to your insight in the Battle of the Camel?' He replied, 'I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) say, 'Some people will rise in insurrection and be destroyed. Their leader will be a woman. Their leader will be in the Garden (Jannah).''

* [al-Bayhaqi in Dala'il an-Nubuwwah]

This Abu Bakrah was Nufay' ibn al-Harith ath-Thaqafi who was a Sahabi (Companion). A group of Tabi'een related from him. This hadeeth contains proof that A'isha as-Siddeeqah (radiallaahu anha) will not enter the Fire and is not an unbeliever for fighting 'Ali (radiallahu 'anh) as the evil Rafidites (Shia) claim. It also contains proof of the Prophethood of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam).
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2011 07:52
Ibn Sa'd narrates to us: Muhammad ibn Yazid al-Wasiti informed us: Mujalid ibn Sa'id narrated to us from 'Amir as-Sha'bi from Masruq who said: 'A'isha (رضي الله عنها) said to me:

'I saw Jibreel (عليه السلام) standing in this room of mine on a horse and the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was speaking confidentially with him. When he left I asked, 'Messenger of Allah, who was that whom I saw you speaking confidentially?' He said, 'Did you see him?' I replied, 'Yes.' He asked, 'What was he like?' I answered, 'Dihyah al-Kalbi.' He said, 'You have seen something very good. That was Jibreel.'"

She said, 'It was not long until he said, ''A'isha, this is Jibreel who greets you with peace.' I said, 'And peace be upon him. May Allah repay him well, the one who visits.'' (Tabaqat ibn Sa'd)

This is a Hasan Hadith from Abu 'A'isha Masruq ibn Abdur Rahman al-Ajda' al-Hamdani al-Kufi.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2011 08:13
It is narrated that Umm ul-Mu'meen Hadrat Aa'isha (radiallaahu 'anha) said: 'The wives of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) sent Fatimah (RA), the daughter of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), and she asked permission to see the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) while he was with 'Aa'isha in her mantle. He gave her permission and she entered and said, 'Messenger of Allah, your wives have sent me to you to ask you to be fair about the daughter of Ibn Abi Quhafah.'

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, 'Daughter, do you not love what I love?' She answered, 'Yes, Messenger of Allah.' He said, 'Then love this one,' indicating 'Aa'isha (RA).'

(Related by Muslim, Ahmad, and Ibn Sa'd in at-Tabaqat)

This is a hasan hadeeth of Abu Bakr Muhammad ibn 'Abdur Rahman ibn al-Harith ibn Hisham al-Makhzumi. It is said that his kunyah was Abu Abdur Rahman. He listened to 'Aa'isha (RA) and Abu Hurayrah (RA). Ash-Sha'bi and az-Zuhri related from him.

It contains the fiqh that when a man who has more than one wife loves one of them more and shows her greater honour, he does nothing wrong. The only equality they are entitled to is in the division of his time and material things.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd November 2011 10:49
Imaam Malik (رحمه الله) stated "Anyone who curses 'Aa'isha (رضي الله عنها) is killed." he was asked why? He said, "Whoever attacks her has opposed the Quran."

Whoever opposes the Quran is killed, i.e. because he has denied what it contains.

(ash-Shifa of Qadi Iyad (رحمه الله))
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd November 2011 12:47
Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn 'Asakir says: My uncle, the Imam and Hafiz, may Allah be merciful to him, informed us: Abul A'azz Qaratkin ibn al-As'ad informed us: Abu Muhammad al-Jawhari informed us: Abul Hasan Ali ibn Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn Lulu informed us: Abu 'Abdullah Muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn Aban as-Sarraj informed us: Bashshar ibn Musa al-Khaffaf informed us: Khalid ibn 'Abdullah narrated to us: Khalid al-Hadhdha' narrated to us saying that he heard Abu 'Uthman an-Nahdi (رحمه الله عليهم) say:

'Amr ibn al-'Aas (رضي الله عنه) was sitting speaking to people about the Army of Dhat as-Salasil. Then he said, 'I asked, "Messenger of Allah, which people are most beloved to you?" He (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎) answered, "'Aa'isha." I said, "Among men." He replied, "Her father, Abu Bakr." I said, "Then who?" He answered, "'Umar ibn al-Khattab." I said, "Then whom?" He enumerated some men for me.

[Ibn 'Asakir in Tarikh Dimashq, al-Waqidi in al-Maghazi, al-Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, al-Bayhaqi, Ibn Sa'd in at-Tabaqat, Majma' az-Zawa'id, al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah, and al-Qurtubi in his Tafsir]

This is a sound hadith from Abu 'Abdullah 'Amr ibn al-'Aas ibn Wa'il ibn Hisham as-Sahmi al-Qurashi (رضي الله عنه), the Companion of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎). He had great worth and resolve and effective manangement.

Imam Al-Bukhari (رحمه الله) related it thus in his Saheeh from Mu'alla ibn Asad from 'Abd al-'Azeez from Khalid. Imam Muslim (رحمه الله) related it in his Saheeh from Yahya ibn Yahya also from Khalid. I have it from the path of al-Baghandi who added: 'Which people do you love the most so that I can love them?'

This has an indication that someone who loves a person loves what he loves.

His words after mention Hadrat 'Aa'isha (رضي الله عنها), 'I only meant among men,' is not meant from aversion for 'Aa'isha (رضي الله عنها) nor to deprecate her. The Sahaabah (رضي الله عنهم) knew that she was the person that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎) loved the most. That is why they used to call her "The beloved of the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎)". They aimed to give their gifts on 'A'isha's (رضي الله عنها) day. He asked the question in order to know the state of a group as some people used to complain about preferring some of them over others. Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) knows best.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2011 07:45
Ibn Sa'd narrated to us: 'Abdullah ibn Abi Yahya narrated to us from 'Awf ibn al-Harith who said: Rumaythah narrated to me and said: I heard Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنها)

"My fellow-wives asked me to speak to the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم)" - and Umm Salamah, Umm Habibah bint Abi Sufyan, Zaynab bint Khuzaymah, Juwayriyah bint al-Harith, and Maymunah bint al-Harith were on the Syrian side, and 'A'ishah, Safiyyah, and Sawdah (radiallaahu 'anhun) were on the other side - "They said, 'Speak to the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم). People send gifts to him while he is in the room of 'A'ishah (رضي الله عنها) and we want what she wants. They should send him gifts wherever he is.'"

Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنها) said, "When the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) came to me, I said, 'Messenger of Allaah, my companions have told me to speak to you to tell people to give gifts to you wherever you are. They said, 'We want what 'A'ishah (رضي الله عنها) wants.'' He did not answer me. They questioned me and I said, 'He did not give me any answer.' The third time I repeated it, he said, 'Do not trouble me about 'A'ishah (رضي الله عنها). Revelation has not descended on me in the blanket of any of you but that of 'A'isha (رضي الله عنها).'" (an-Nasa'i and at-Tabrizi)

This is a saheeh hadeeth whose soundness is agreed upon. Imam al-Bukhari (رحمه لله) related it in a shortened form from 'Abdullah ibn 'Abdul Wahhab from Hammad from Hisham Abul Mundhir from 'Urwah ibn az-Zubayr. It it 'Urwah said: "People used to aim to give their gifts on 'A'ishah's day. 'A'ishah (رضي الله عنها) said, 'My companions met with Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنها),'" and he mentioned the rest of it.

The reason why they chose Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنها) to speak on their behalf was because the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) had prayed for her jealousy to go and her jealousy left. May Allah be pleased with them all.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2011 10:06
Ibn Sa'd narrated to us: Hatim ibn Isma'il narrated to me: from Ja'far [as-Sadiq] ibn Muhammad [al-Baqir] that his father (رحمهم الله) said:

"When the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was very ill in his illness during which he was taken, he asked, 'Where will I be tomorrow?' They answered, 'With so-and-so.'" He said, "His wives (may Allaah be pleased with them all) recognised that he wanted A'ishah (رضي الله عنها) and they said, 'Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم), we have given our days to our sister 'A'ishah (رضي الله عنها).'"

This is a sound hadeeth whose soundness is agreed upon. Its meaning is related with different wordings. Imam Al-Bukhari (رحمه الله) transmitted it in his Saheeh.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 27th December 2011 08:20
The Mothers of the Believers (رضى الله عنهنّ) -

Shaykh Mumtaz Ul haq

Halalified YT Audio

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2012 07:43
Ummul Mu'mineen Hadrat 'Aa'isha Siddeeqah bint as-Siddeeq (رضي الله عنهما) was without doubt the most knowledgeable out of the women. Zuhri (رحمه الله) relates that if the knowledge of the noble Wives (may Allaah be pleased with them) of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and all the knowledge of all the women was placed together, the knowledge of Hadrat 'Aa'isha (رضي الله عنها) was still far greater. (Isti'ab)
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?