Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Seifeddine-M, abu mohammed, ibn Ismail
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 07:27
Assalaamu 'alaykum WW

I found this topic on sunniforum which is to revive forgotten sunnats of our beloved Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam. If we all look up sunnats which are hardly practiced today and post them it will remind us to act upon them even if we know of them and have forgotten about them.

The following is my contribution and may Allah subhaanahu wata'ala accept it from all of us.

Sunnats at the time of Nikah which are almost not practiced:

Sending the daughter to the husband's house without clamour or hue

The father going to their house (if living locally) and from a basin of water, sprinkling it on the bride and groom and making du'a for them

Giving the daughter certain items which our beloved Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam gave his daughter (a silver bracelet, one blanket, one pillow, two yemeni sheets ect)
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 07:57
This particular Sunnah is probably never done.

When the Prophet SAW could hear music, he would stick his fingers inside his ears and go away from the music until he could no longer hear it.
(inshaallah, I shall post the Hadith here too)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 08:17

"abu mohammed" wrote:
This particular Sunnah is probably never done. When the prophet SAW could hear music, he would stick his fingers inside his ears and go away from the music until he could no longer hear it. (inshaallah, I shall post the Hadith here too)

www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/362_25-06-2010/40-had... Hadhrat Naafi' (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Once when Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) heard the sound of a shepherd's flute, he placed his fingers in both ears (to block the sound of the music), and he diverted his mount from that path. (As they rode on), he would say: 'O Naafi', can you still hear (the sound)?' I would say: 'Yes.' He would then continue riding. only when I said: 'I can no longer hear it', did he remove his fingers from his ears. Then he returned to the road. He then said: 'I saw Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) doing like this when he had heard the flute of a shepherd." (Ahmad and Abu Dawood)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 08:47
Rasulullaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, 'The person who revives my Sunnah at a time of strife and corruption will receive the reward of a hundred martyrs.' (Mishkaatul Masaabeeh)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 08:52
1) Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: "Trim (your) moustaches and lengthen/grow (your) beards." (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

2) Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: "Cut off moustaches, leave beards and do otherwise than the fire worshippers." (Sahih Muslim, no. 260)

3) Sayyiduna Anas ibn Malik (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: "Trim moustaches, lengthen/leave beards and do not imitate the Jews." (Tahawi, Sharh Ma'ani al-Athar, 4/230)

4) Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) ordered the trimming/clipping of moustaches and the leaving of the beards." (Sahih Muslim, no. 1/222)

Admittedly, alhamdulillaah it is not completely forgetten, but unfortunately many do neglect it. In the early days of Islaam, even people guilty of drinking intoxicants etc would be seen with beards. But nowadays, the crime of shaving the beard is even seen amongst the ulama! La hawla wa la quwatta illah billah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 18:02
walikumasalam sis..
Nice to have you back.
About time,lol

sorry back to the topic.

Licking your fingers after eating

Jabir reported that the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) commanded people to lick their fingers and the plate, saying, 'You do not know where the blessing lies.'" [Muslim

In one variant of it, "When one of you drops a morsel of food, he should pick it up, remove any dirt on it and then eat it, not leaving it for Shaytan. He should not wipe his hand with a cloth until he has licked his fingers. He does not know in which part of his food the blessing lies."

In one variant of it, "Shaytan is present with each one of you in every thing you do, he is even present with you when you eat. So when you drop a morsel of food, you should remove any dirt on it and eat it and not leave it for Shaytan."

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 20:00
Use of the miswak
No post ratings
London, UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 23:04
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 23:56
MashaAllah, thats a big beard.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2011 01:56
A dying Sunnah in some places:

The second Adhan of Jummah not being given.

The 20 rakats of Taraweeh cutting down to 8.
No post ratings
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 14th October 2011 09:32
Cupping Therapy (Al-Hijama)

A Cure For Every Disease, Pain and Ailment (By Allah's Permission)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 14th October 2011 10:08
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 14th October 2011 10:13
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 14th October 2011 10:24
Archery And Horse Riding

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn Amir ุฑุถูŠ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู†ู‡ who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say- and he was delivering a sermon from the pulpit: 'Prepare to meet them with as much strength as you can afford. Beware, strength consists in archery. Beware, strength consists in archery. Beware, strength consists in archery.' (Saheeh Muslim, 4711)

It has been narrated on the authority of Uqba b. Amir ุฑุถูŠ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู†ู‡ who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: 'Lands shall be thrown open to you and Allah will suffice you (against your enemies), but none of you should give up playing with his arrows.' (Saheeh Muslim, 4712)

It has been reported by 'Abd al-Rahman b. Shamasa ุฑุถูŠ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู†ู‡ that Fuqaim al-Lakhmi ุฑุถูŠ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู†ู‡ said to Uqba b. Amir ุฑุถูŠ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู†ู‡: You frequent between these two targets and you are an old man, so you will be finding it very hard. 'Uqba said: But for a thing I heard from the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him), I would not strain myself. Harith (one of the narrators in the chain of transmitters) said: I asked Ibn Shamasa: What was that? He said that he (the Holy Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: 'Who learnt archery and then gave it up is not from us. or he has been guilty of disobedience (to Allah's Apostle).' (Saheeh Muslim, 4714)

It has also been narrated that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "Practice archery; that is good for you." (Reported by al-Bazzar and by al-Tabarani on good authority.)

The Prophet (peace be on him) once passed by a group of his Companions who were competing in archery. He encouraged them, saying, 'Shoot, and I am with you.' (Reported by al-Bukhari)

Allah has commanded: 'And make ready for them all thou art able of (armed) force....'(8:60) The Prophet (peace be on him) said, "The missiles (arrows) are the force," repeating it three times. (Reported by Muslim.)

Allah Ta'ala says, 'And (He created) horses, mules, and donkeys for you to ride and as adornment....' (16:8), and the Prophet (peace be on him) said, "There is blessing in the forelocks of horses." (Reported by Ahmad.)

He also said, "Practice archery and horseback riding." (Reported by Muslim.)

And again, 'Any action without the remembrance of Allah is either a diversion or heedlessness excepting four acts: walking from target to target (during archery practice), training a horse, playing with one's family, and learning to swim.' (Reported by al-Tabarani on good authority.)

Said Hadrat 'Umar (RA), "Teach your children swimming and archery, and tell them to jump on the horse's back."

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) also said, 'Horses are of three kinds: the horse of al-Rahman (the Most Merciful, i.e., Allah), the horse of man, and the horse of Satan. As for the horse of the Most Merciful, it is dedicated to jihad in the cause of Allah, so feeding it, cleaning its urine and dung, and everything related to it are counted as good deeds. As for the horse of Satan, it is that on which people bet and gamble. As for the horse of man, it is that which is for breeding, and it is a protection against poverty.' (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?