Similarities

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2010 14:57
`Abdullāh ibn Mas`ūd (radiallahu anh) reported that: "On the day of Badr the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) asked his Companions (radiallahu anhum) what they thought he should do about prisoners of war. Abū Bakr (radiallahu anh) said: "Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), they are your own people and your tribesmen. Spare them and offer them the chance to repent of their past attitude." `Umar (radiallahu anh) said: "Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), they have accused you of lying and they have chased you out of your city. Put them to death." `Abdullāh ibn Rawāĥah (radiallahu anh) said: "Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), you are now in a valley where there is a lot of wood. Light a big fire and throw them into it."

The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) remained silent making no rejoinder, then he went into his home. Some people thought he would take Abū Bakr's (radiallahu anh) view, and others thought `Umar's (radiallahu anh) view would be upheld, while still others felt that the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) might adopt the view of `Abdullāh ibn Rawāĥah (radiallahu anh). The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) then came out and said: "Allah makes some people's hearts so soft that they become softer than milk, and He makes other people's hearts harden until they become harder than bricks. Abū Bakr, your attitude is similar to that of Ibraheem (Abraham) (alayhis-sallam) as he said,
'he that follows me belongs to me. As for him who disobeys me, well, You are surely most Forgiving, Merciful.' (14: 36) And you are also like Isa (Jesus) (alayhis-sallam) as he said: 'If You punish them, they are Your servants; and if You forgive them, You are indeed Almighty, Wise.' (5: 118) As for you `Umar, you are like Musa (Moses) (alayhis-sallam) as he said: 'Our Lord, wipe out their wealth and firm up their hearts so they would not believe until they see painful torment.'(10: 88) And you are also like Nuh (Noah) (alayhis-sallam) as he said: 'My Lord, do not leave on earth a single unbeliever.' (71: 26)."

[In the shade of the Qur'an]

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?