Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
mus1ima
Rank Image
In the hearts of Gre
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2005 20:32
I Love. . . . . . .
Once when the prphet Muhammed peace be upon Him was sitting amng His companions, he remarked, "Three things of this world are very beloved to me: perfume, women and Salah- the coolness of ma eyes."

"Quite true," rejoined Hadhrat Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with Him, and I cherish three things: a look at your face, spending my wealth on you and that my daughter id your wife, O Prophet!"

"Quite true," said Hadhrat Umar, may Allah be pleased with Him, "And three things I love most are; enforcing that which is right, forbidding evil and wearing old clothes."

"Quite true," said Hadhrat Uthman, may Allah be pleased with Him, and the three things I love most are: feeding the hungry, clothing the naked and reciting the Holy Qur'an."

"Quite true," said Hadhrat Ali, may Allah be pleased with Him, "And I love three things most: serving a guest, fasting on a very hot day and striking the enemy with ma sword."

At this, Hadhrat Jibreel peace be upon Him, appeared on the scene and said to the prphet peace be upon Him, "Allah has sent me to tel you what I would love if I was one of the mortals." "Yes, do tell us O' Jibreel," said the prophet peace be upon Him.

Hadhrat Jibreel then replied, "If I had been like you, I would have loved thre things: guiding the people gone astray, loving those who worship in poverty and helping the poor family men. And as for Allah, He loves three characteristics of His slaves: Striving in His path, crying at the time of repentance, and steadfastness in need and hunger."
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2005 02:22
Why would you want your soul in a green bird, by the way what is a green bird. Is it a metaphpor for something else?
And also I would like to know where you got this story from plz let me know.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2006 15:23
green birds fly around in jannah (martyred)...smile
No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2006 23:52
a very nice post by striver. i missed this post. just catching up on all these old post.
Quote:

green birds fly around in jannah (martyred)...smile

martyred? do you mean ppl who have been martyred are in jannah right now until the day of judgement? that there souls are in green birds which are in jannah?

well, thats what i can conclude from the above quote.
please clarify. its interesting.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2006 08:32
Sayyidina Abii Hurayrah Radiyallahu Anhu says, Sayyidina Rasulullah (saw) said:
"i swear an oath in the Name of that Being in whose hands my life is, when a deceased is placed in his grave, he hears the footsteps of the people when they leave him. If he is a Believer, his salaah comes and stands at his headside; his zakaah at his right; his roza at his left; his good deeds, piety, and ihsaan to the people at his feet. If punishment comes to him from his headside, his salaaah will say there is no entrance from my side. Then, it comes from the right side, His zakaah will say there is no entrance from my side. It then comes from the left side, His roza will say there is no entrance from my side. Then it will come from the side of the feet, his good deeds, piety, ihsaan to the people, will say there is no entrance from our side.

Athe the end of the Hadeeth it is stated then his body is returned to its original state of dust (this is the case with the majority, some bodies remain in the same state in the grave). His soul remains lying in a gentle breeze, or in the 'arwaah tayyibah' i.e. in the form of a green bird in the trees of Jannah.

COMMENTARY:
From some ahaadeeth of Sharhus Sudur it is stated that the soul enters the grave with its body, and from this hadeeth we find that the soul goes into jannah in the form of a green bird. The explanation of both is that the soul goes with the body in the grave, then subsequently it is taken into Jannah as is apparent from those Ahaadeeeth mentioned in Sharhus Sudur. Or, the soul entering the grave with the body (as it is said, I am sitting here but my heart and thoughts are somewhere else.) After some time when the body decomposes this connection decreases.

EXTRACTED FROM:
'DESIRE FOR THE AA-KHIRA
HADHRAT MOULANA ASHRAF ALI THANWI R.A.

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2006 08:46
jazkillah taalibah.

i pray Allah the Almighty, The most Merciful, puts all our souls in a green bird!!

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in red?