Topic Appreciation
Yasin, Taalibah, bint e aisha
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2007 21:39
HADHRAT MUAWIYAH
(Radhiallaahu Anhu)

The Sahaaba (Radhiallaahu Anhum) are that eminent group of peopleconcerning whom Allah Ta'ala has declared His eternal blessings in theindomitable words of the Qur'an. Therefore, any individual whochallenges and casts aspersions concerning the position of a Sahaabihas in fact challenged Allah's decree in the Qur'an.

Abdullah Ibn Umar (Radhiallaahu Anhu) declares concerning theSahaaba: 'He who wishes to follow anyone, let him follow the companionsof Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). They were the best and mostprestigious of this Ummah. Their hearts were the purest; theirknowledge the most profound; and they had the least formality aboutthem (their humility was such that anyone could approach them). Theywere a nation whom Allah Ta'ala selected and chose for thecompanionship of His Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) and for thepropagation of His Deen. Imitate their characters and follow their wayof life, for I swear an oath by the Lord of the Kaaba; the companionsof Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) were truly on the straightpath.' (Hilya).

Special Virtues

Whilst the collective favours of the Sahaaba upon this Ummah areinnumerable, some individual Sahaaba clearly excelled in their servicesof the Ummah. Amongst these noteworthy Sahaaba was Hadhrat Mu'awiya(Radhiallaahu Anhu) whose prestige and position in the eyes of Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) was such that he was amongst thoseSahaaba to whom the delicate and tremendous taste of writing down wahi(divine revelation of the Qur'an) was entrusted. This special duty alsonecessitated his being regularly in the service of Nabi (SallallaahuAlayhi Wasallam) thus enabling his personality and character to bedeveloped directly at the hands of the noble master (Sallallaahu AlayhiWasallam) himself.

Such was the love Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) had for himthat he was given the following beautiful and concise Dua by Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam): 'O Allah! make Mu'awiya (RadhiallaahuAnhu) a means of hidaayat and make him one who is himself on hidaayatand give people hidaayat through him.' (Majmau Zawaaid)

On another occasion Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said,'Allah! guide him with guidance from yourself, save him from anydisgrace and forgive all his past and future sins.' (Tabrani).

Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) even made Dua for the knowledgeof Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu) where he said, 'O Allah endow Mu'awiyawith the special knowledge of the Qur'an and save him from punishment.'(Ahmad; Tabraani).

Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu) was even privileged to be thebrother-in-law of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) since Umme Habiba(Radhiallaahu Anha), the sister of Mu'awiya, was one of Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)'s wives. Once Nabi (Sallallaahu AlayhiWasallam) came home to find Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu) with hissister. He asked her whether she loved him. To this Umme Habiba(Radhiallaahu Anhu) declared that he was her brother and therefore shedefinitely loved him. It was then that Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu)received tremendous gladtidings from Nabi (Sallallaahu AlayhiWasallam), where he said, 'Allah and His Rasul definitely loveMu'awiya.' (Tabrani).

PROPHECY OF LEADERSHIP

Such was the confidence which Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)had in the leadership qualities and trustworthiness of Mu'awiya(Radhiallaahu Anhu) that Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) onceconsulted with Abu Bakr (Radhiallaahu Anhu) and Umar (RadhiallaahuAnhu) regarding a certain matter. They were unable to give a suitablesuggestion. Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) then sent for Mu'awiya(Radhiallaahu Anhu) saying: 'Consult Mu'awiya (Radhiallahu Anhu) inyour affairs since he is trustworthy and reliable.' (Tabrani, Bazzaar)

The confidence which Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) had in himwas of such a level that he even made Dua: 'O Allah endow him with theknowledge of the Qur'an and grant him leadership of the lands.'(Tabrani)

This Hadith in essence represents the prophecy of Nabi (SallallaahuAlayhi Wasallam) with regards to Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu) gainingleadership. Similar confidence was exhibited by none other than Umar(Radhiallaahu Anhu) whose stringent requirements for governorship arewell known. He appointed Mu'awiya governor, in which position heremained throughout the life of Umar (Radhiallaahu Anhu) as well asthat of Usman (Radhiallaahu Anhu). Umar's (Radhiallaahu Anhu)perception of character was tremendous and it was he who said: 'Youpraise the rulers of Persia and Rome and speak highly of theirknowledge, whereas you have in your midst a man like Mu'awiya(Radhiallaahu Anhu)'.

Hafiz Ibn Katheer (R. A.) reports that none other than Ali(Radhiallaahu Anhu) said after the Battle of Siffin: 'O people, do nothate or talk ill of the leadership of Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu), forif you loose him it would be such a tragedy as if you see your limbsfalling from your bodies'. The books of history are replete with suchpraises of Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu) from other Sahaaba(Radhiallaahu Anhum).

Auf Ibn Malik (Radhiallaahu Anhu) says: 'Once whilst sleeping in amasjid in Areeha, I awoke suddenly to notice a lion coming towards me.I lunged for my weapon. The lion addressed me saying that he had beensent to deliver a message. I inquired as to whom had sent him. The lionreplied that Allah had sent him to instruct me to inform Mu'awiya(Radhiallaahu Anhu) that he was of the people of Jannat' (Tabrani).

In fact it is reported in Bukhari Shareef that Nabi (SallallaahuAlayhi Wasallam) said: 'The first army that will fight a naval battlein my Ummah will have made Jannat compulsory on themselves.' The firstnaval force was in fact headed by Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu) duringthe Caliphate of Usman (Radhiallaahu Anhu).

EVIL PROPAGANDA

In the light of the above, who can possibly doubt the benevolentposition of Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu), yet we find that he isamongst those personalities that have become the target of evilpropaganda. This propaganda has its roots in the difference of opinionthat arose between Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu) and Ali (RadhiallaahuAnhu). We have to understand that, on both sides there were eminentSahaaba, all of whom motivated by a sincere belief of the truth oftheir cause. In such matters it is best that we hold our tongues. Ofbenefit in this context is the following quotation from 'Shifa'a' byQaadhi Iyaad:

'If we claim to revere and honour the prophet (Sallallaahu AlayhiWasallam), we must also respect his Sahaaba. As Muslims, it isincumbent on us to appreciate that we owe them, to follow them and toask forgiveness of Allah for them. No doubt they had their differencesbut we have no right to comment on them. We must beware of the storiesforged by Shiahs, innovators and biased historians, whose mischievousmotive is to slander some of the Sahaaba and slight the others. We mustnever doubt the sincerity and honesty of Sahaaba. When we come acrossany event in history which appears likely to lower their status in oureyes, we must explain it as far as we can in their favour and attributeit to sincere motives, for they really deserve this line of action. Weshould always speak of their virtues and must hold our tongues inuttering anything likely to slight them. The Prophet (SallallaahuAlayhi Wasallam) himself has said: 'Observe silence in respect of mySahaaba (when they are mentioned with disrespect).'

Ayyub Sakhtiani says: 'Whoso honours Sahaaba, can never be amunafiq. Whoso reviles them, he is surely an innovator or Munafiq oranti Sunnat. No good action of such person, I am afraid, will beaccepted by Allah until he cleans his heart of their spite, and beginsto love all of them.'

May Allah Ta'ala grant us the true love of the Sahaaba. Ameen.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2007 23:24
One of the fundamental beliefs of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama`ah that at times distinguishes them from heretics is their belief in the Companions of the Prophet (saws) and all that has been mentioned about their virtues, merits and characteristics in the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Companions are all those who met the Prophet (saws) and died as Muslims. Scholars have said that they were 114,000 in number [as stated by Abu Zur'ah, the teacher of Imam Muslim, and recorded by as-Suyootee]. They are praised in many Qur'anic verses:

"You are the best of peoples ever raised for mankind, you enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." [3:110]

"And the first to embrace Islam of the Muhajiroon (the Emigrants from Makkah) and the Ansar (the citizens of Al-Madeenah who helped the Muhajiroon) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allah is well-pleased with them as they are well pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success." [9:100]

"Indeed, Allah was pleased with the believers when they gave their pledge to you (O Muhammad) under the tree. He knew what was in their hearts and He sent down calmness and tranquility upon them..." [48:18]

Our Attitude Towards Them
Our attitude towards the Sahabah should be that of love, respect, peace and purity of our hearts and tongues. Allah has described this in His saying:

"And those who come after them say: 'Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed.'" [59:10]

And the Prophet (saws) said, "The sign of faith is love of the Ansar and the sign of hypocrisy is the hatred of Ansar" [al-Bukharee, Muslim].

Why should we not be thankful to those who believed in the Prophet, assisted him, strove with their lives and wealth to make the Word of Allah supreme, preserved and transmitted to us our Religion? Who is more deserving that we pray for them and speak of them in the best manner and think of them with the best thoughts?

We should therefore mention their virtues and remain silent about any mistakes they made and about anything that occurred between them, as the Prophet (saws) advised us:

"When my Companions are mentioned then withhold" [Saheeh, at-Tabaranee].

And he also said, "Do not abuse my Companions, for if any of you were to spend gold equal to (mountain of) Uhud in charity, it would not equal a handful of one of them or even half of that" [al-Bukharee, Muslim].

And he said, "Whoever abuses my Companions, upon them is the curse of Allah, the angels and all the people" [Saheeh, At-Tabaranee].

Muslim scholars have also been very strict in regard to the issue of speaking and thinking mistrustfully of the Sahaba. Imam Malik said that someone who finds in himself an ill-feeling or anger "ghaiDH" about the Companions is a kafir because Allah (s.w.t.) says "li-yagheeDHa bihim ul kuffar" - that He may enrage the disbelievers with them, i.e. the Sahaba [48:29]. And the `Ulama' also say if the Companions of the Prophet (saws) were disbelievers, dishonest or betrayed the Prophet, then the whole religion would be undermined. Because how do we know what the Prophet (saws) said, if the Companions of the Prophet (saws) were not honest and truthful? We cannot be sure. And this also applies to the Qur'an, as we received the Qur'an through the Sahaba as well. Indeed, they were truthful and sincere, as Allah described them:

"Among the believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah and showed not their backs to the disbelievers, of them some have fulfilled their obligations and some of them are still waiting, but they never changed (i.e. they never proved treacherous to their covenant which they concluded with Allah) in the least." [33:23]

Hujjat ul Islam, Sufyan ibn `Uyainah said: "He who speaks a single word against the Companions of Allah's Messenger (saws) then he is an innovator." And Imam Ahmad said: "If you see anyone speaking ill of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah, doubt his Islam." And Adh-Dhahabee said, "Anyone who criticizes them or insults them has gone out of this religion and has segregated himself from the Muslim Ummah. He has disbelieved in what Allah the Most High says concerning them in His Book, and what Allah's Messenger has said concerning their noble qualities and their merits... It is incumbent upon the Muslims to love Allah; to love His Messenger, to love what the Prophet brought as guidance and as his practise; to love his descendants, his Companions, his wives, his children, his servants, and to love those who love them and hate those who hate them, as this is the meaning of loving for Allah's sake and hating for Allah's sake, and that is the most excellent kind of faith." In al-Kaba'ir (The Greatest Sins), we find that adh-Dhahabee also said, "The one who loves the Prophet loves and respects each and all of his Companions. To hate any of them is to hate the Prophet." Al-Fudayl ibn `Iyyad spoke similarly when he said, "Indeed, I love those whom Allah loves. They are those from whom the Companions of Muhammad () are safe. I hate those whom Allah hates. They are the people of the deviant sects and innovation."

These statements of the great Imams of the Ummah should not surprise us, because a slight doubt about the Companions will in fact be accusing the Prophet himself of hiding the truth about them which he knew (that they were hypocrites, as heretics claim), but he did not tell us!! Or one is accusing him (saws) of being something like an imbecile, as Shaikh Ja'far Idris once spoke, because the Prophet, supposedly did not know although he lived with these people all the time. He thought that they were the best Muslims, but they were hypocrites, (the heretics say). That is why al-Barbaharee said, "Know that anyone who tries to attack the Companions of Muhammad (saws) really seeks to attack Muhammad (saws)."

The Best of the Companions
We should note that the best of the Ummah, after the Prophet (saws) were Abu Bakr, then 'Umar, then 'Uthman, then 'Ali. As far as the Caliphate is concerned, Ibn Taymeeyah has said that anyone who "objects against anyone of these regarding this order of caliphate, he will be regarded more misguided than the domestic donkey."

And `Abdul-`Azeez al-Qari said that Abu Haneefa "declared anyone who doubts the caliphate of Abu Bakr and 'Umar is a disbeliever. He also declared anyone who slanders the Mother of the Believers 'A'isha to be a disbeliever. And he stated that the prayer behind a Rafidhee [extreme Shee'ah who curse and abuse the Companions] is invalid."

Ahlus Sunnah also, "accept all the superiorities and grades that have been described about them in the Qur'an, the Hadith and by concensus. They give superiority to those who spent and fought for the sake of Allah before the victory, that is, truce of Hudaibiyah over those who spent and fought after that. They consider al-Muhajireen (those who migrated from Makkah to al-Madeenah for Islam) to be superior to al-Ansar (the helpers of al-Madeenah who supported the Muhajireen). They have faith in what Allah has said about the 313 persons on the occasion of the battle of Badr that, 'they are free to do what they like, their sins are pardoned' [al- Bukharee]. And none of those who gave their pledge to the Prophet (saws) under the tree will get into Fire as the Prophet (saws) has stated, 'Allah is doubtlessly pleased with them and they are pleased with Allah.' And they were more than 1400 about whom the Prophet (saws) bore witness that they will be admitted to Paradise [Muslim]. The Ahlus Sunnah also bear witness the admission to Paradise for them such as the ten Companions who have been given glad tidings of Paradise in this world by the Prophet." [Al-aqeedatul Wasitiyyah of Shaikh ul-Islam Ibn Taymeeyah]

The Companions' Noble Deeds
We believe that the Sahaba were not innocent of the minor or major sins, but their qualities and deeds were so virtuous and superior that they cause the pardon of the errors committed by them. We believe that if any of the Sahaba committed a mistake, he either repented or performed such virtuous deeds that they are either pardoned or will be interceded for by the Prophet (saws) as they are most deserving of his intercession. Their Jihad, Hijra, knowledge, deeds and support for the Prophet () will be a cause of pardon of their few mistakes. As for their Ijtihad, they are rewarded twice when they were correct, and once when their exertion to find the truth resulted in a wrong conclusion. And, as ash-Shafi'ee said, "I have allegiance for them and I seek Allah's forgiveness for them, and for the people of Camel and Siffeen, those who killed and those who were killed, and all the companions of the Prophet in entirety."

The deeds and virtues of the Sahaba, may Allah be pleased with them all, should be what every Muslim should strive to emulate to the best of one's ability. Their behaviour and sincerity were praised by Allah and His Messenger (saws) and that suffices as proof.

As Ibn Mas'ood said, "Indeed Allah looked into the hearts of the servants and found the heart of Muhammad (saws) to be the best of the hearts of His servants and so He chose him for Himself and sent him as a Messenger. Then He looked into the hearts of His servants after Muhammad (saws) and found the hearts of the Companions to be the best of the hearts of the servants. So He made them ministers of His Messenger (saws) fighting for His Deen. So whatever the Muslims hold to be good then it is good with Allah and whatever the Muslims hold to be evil it is evil with Allah." [Ahmad, at-Tayalasee]

The Sahaba were undoubtedly the best in terms of understanding the religious obligations, the Sunnah of the Prophet and the way of establishing the Islamic teachings. Their belief is an example for us, as Allah says in the Qur'an: "So if they believe in the like of that which you believe, they are rightly guided, but if they turn away, then they are only in opposition. So Allah will suffice you against them. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower." [2:137]

The Best of People
And they are the best people, to which the Prophet (saws) referred to in the Hadith: "The best of my people are my generation then those who come after them, then those who come after them, then there will come a people in whom there will be no good." [At-Tabaranee, authenticated by al-Albanee]

Also, in al-Bukharee, "The best of the people are my generation, then those after them, then those after them..." This is also reported by Muslim, Abu Dawood, at-Tirmidhee, An-Nasa'ee and others.

The Prophet (saws also said, "...and my Ummah will divide into seventy-three sects." [Abu Dawood, at-Tirmidhee, Ibn Majah, al-Hakim, Ahmad, authenticated by at-Tirmidhee, al Hakim, ibn Taymeeyah, as-Suyootee, al-Manawee, ash-Shatibee, adh-Dhahabee and al-Albanee].

In another Hadith that is hasan, the Prophet (saws) explained which one is the saved sect: "Al- Jama'ah" [Ibn Majah]. In another Hasan Hadith the Prophet (saws) said, "The tribes of Israel broke into seventy- two sects. My Ummah shall break up into seventy-three sects. All of them will be in the Fire, except one: the one on which I am upon, and my Companions." [At-Tirmidhee]

Following Their Footsteps
All this should suffice as evidence that the correct understanding of Islam is that of the first three generations and all those that follow their path, in truth. There is no disagreement among Muslim scholars that the best generations of Islam are to be followed, that the interpretation of the Qur'an and Sunnah they agreed upon is regarded as the correct one, and that we are to approach the Deen in the manner they approached it. We are obliged to follow them, and that means, first and foremost, to have the same creed as they did, no deviations, no additions and no deletions.

We also have to approach `ibadah (worship in obedience to Allah) in the same way, no innovations, no additions and no deletions. We take all of the Sunnah and refer all disagreements to Allah and His Messenger, as Allah (s.w.t.) commanded us in the Qur'an [4:59].

To follow the Sahaba does not only mean to have the same understanding of the prescripts of belief as they did. That belief must be manifested in our actions and to follow the Sahaba also means to possess their other characteristics, some of which have been identified by our scholars as:

The full acceptance of the Revelation
The deep influence of the faith and the revelation on one's life
The application of this knowledge to the individual and collective life
Inviting others to do good deeds
Enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong
Giving advice to every Muslim
Practicing Jihad for the Sake of Allah
Also, the Sahaba presented every action according to the scales of the Sharee`ah, they used to remember and think a lot about death, they were forgiving to those who wronged them in any way, they had a great respect for the honour of other Muslims, for whom they desired only good, they were mindful of their prayers, they used to put the Hereafter before this Dunya, they realized that they could not thank Allah enough and they stayed away from the sinful and their gatherings. Allah, The Exalted, most appropriately describes them:

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him (the Companions) are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers)." [48:29]

We ask Allah to enable us to learn about the lives of the Sahaba and to make our lives resemble theirs. For, as Ibn Taymeeyah said, "Whoever will read their biographies with understanding and insight, and will come to know the rewards bestowed by Allah upon them, he will certainly realise that these are the best among humans after the Prophets. Neither there has been anyone like them nor will there be."

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2007 00:30
This is also a good article...could have done with a thread and title of its own.
No post ratings
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2011 08:08
Abu Sufyan progeny are destined to fight Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) progeny which can be verified by the hadith of sufyani at the time of Imam Mahdi so no matter how much history present the Ummayad Dynasty as heros or Sahabas the hadith negates the posibility of them even remotely involved in respect of beloved prophet so do not waste time in defending the family of bad apples. All should be left with Allah alone you do not the history you only read or hear what has been passed on by those present at the time of Ummayad Dynasty so naturally they would alter anything that is offended to them to know the truth one should wait for Imam Mahdi (RA) and Prophet Isa (RA) to emerge only then the one who sided with them in Jihad with Dajjal and Gog and Magog will be on right side of history rest will be doomed to burn in hell forever so wait as time is near to be enlightened by truth as signs of Judgement day are fullfilling at moderate speed. By the way I am on sunni islam not a shia but I refuse to belive that Muawiya the one who even start war against Prophet's Family and his son who killed Imam Hussain are in Jannah then I reject such traditions as it is a fabricated lies of that time. The opinion of Hazrat Ali (RA) and his Sons and grandsons carries much weightage when concerning the events of that time as they were on truth so read those narrations about Muawiyah and Yazeed from such traditions.
+0 -0Dislike x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2011 10:23

"Anonymous" wrote:
Abu Sufyan progeny are destined to fight Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) progeny which can be verified by the hadith of sufyani at the time of Imam Mahdi so no matter how much history present the Ummayad Dynasty as heros or Sahabas the hadith negates the posibility of them even remotely involved in respect of beloved prophet so do not waste time in defending the family of bad apples. All should be left with Allah alone you do not the history you only read or hear what has been passed on by those present at the time of Ummayad Dynasty so naturally they would alter anything that is offended to them to know the truth one should wait for Imam Mahdi (RA) and Prophet Isa (RA) to emerge only then the one who sided with them in Jihad with Dajjal and Gog and Magog will be on right side of history rest will be doomed to burn in hell forever so wait as time is near to be enlightened by truth as signs of Judgement day are fullfilling at moderate speed. By the way I am on sunni islam not a shia but I refuse to belive that Muawiya the one who even start war against Prophet's Family and his son who killed Imam Hussain are in Jannah then I reject such traditions as it is a fabricated lies of that time. The opinion of Hazrat Ali (RA) and his Sons and grandsons carries much weightage when concerning the events of that time as they were on truth so read those narrations about Muawiyah and Yazeed from such traditions.

I'm no scholar, but you should be careful with your words. We may utter Kufr and not even know it.

As you say, "All should be left with Allah".

Also, you should use AlayhisSalaam (AS) rather than Radiyalahu anhu (RA) when it comes to Imam Mehdi (AS) and and Prophet Isa (AS)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2011 11:22
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2011 14:20
From Our Aqeedah we learn:

وَأَهْلُ الكَبائِرِ مْنْ أُمَّةِ مُحَمَّدٍ صلى الله عليه وسلم في النَّارِ لا يُخَلَّدونَ إِذا ماتوا، وَهُمْ مُوْحِّدونَ وَإِنْ لَمْ يَكونُوا تائِبينَ بَعْدَ أَنْ لَقُوا اللَّهَ عارِفينَ مُؤْمِنينَ، وَهُمْ في مَشيئَتِهِ وُحْكْمِهِ إِنْ شاءَ غَفَرَ لَهُمْ، وَعَفا عَنْهُمْ بفَضْلِهِ، كَما قالَ تَعالى في كِتابهِ العَزيزِ: إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يَغْفِرُ أَنْ يُشْرَكَ بهِ وَيغْفِرُ مَا دُوْنَ ذلكَ لِمَنْ يشَاءُ

وَإِنْ شاءَ عَذبَّهُمْ في النَّارِ بقَدْرِ جنايَتِهِمْ بعَدْلِهِ، ثُمَّ يُخْرِجُهُمْ مِنْها برَحْمَتِهِ وَشَفاعَةِ الشَّافِعينَ مِنْ أَهْلِ طاعَتِهِ، ثُمَّ يَبْعَثُهُمْ إِلى جَنَّتِهِ، وَذلِكَ بأَنَّ اللَّهَ مَوْلى أَهْلِ مَعْرِفِتِهِ، وَلَمْ يَجْعَلْهُمْ في الدَّارَيْنِ كَأَهْل نُكْرَتِهِ الَّذينَ خابُوا مِنْ هِدايَتِهِ، وَلَمْ يَنالُوا مِنْ وِلايَتِهِ. اللَّهُمَّ يا وَلِيَّ الإِسْلامِ وَأَهْلِهِ مَسِّكْنا بالإِسْلامِ حَتَّى نَلْقاكَ بهِ.

68. Those of the Community of Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who have committed grave sins will be in the Fire, but not forever, provided they die and meet Allah as believers affirming His unity even if they have not repented. They are subject to His will and judgement.

If He wants, He will forgive them and pardon them out of His generosity, as is mentioned in the Qur'an when He says: "And He forgives anything less than that (shirk) to whomever He wills" (al-Nisa' 4: 116); if He wants, He will punish them in the Fire out of His justice, and then bring them out of the Fire through His mercy, and for the intercession of those who were obedient to Him, and send them to the Garden.

This is because Allah is the Protector of those who recognize Him and will not treat them in the hereafter in the same way as He treats those who deny Him, who are bereft of His guidance and have failed to obtain His protection. O Allah, You are the Protector of Islam and its people; make us firm in Islam until the day we meet You.

وَنَتَّبعُ السُّنَّةَ وَالجَماعَةَ، وَنَجْتَنِبُ الشُّذوذ َ وَالخِلافَ وَالفُرْقَةَ

73. We follow the Sunna of the Prophet and the Congregation of the Muslims, and avoid deviation, differences and divisions.

وَنُحِبُّ أَهْلَ العَدْلِ وَالأَمانَةِ، وَنُبْغِضُ أَهْلَ الجَوْرِ وَالخِيانَةِ

74. We love the people of justice and trustworthiness, and hate the people of injustice and treachery.

ونقول اللھ اعلم فیما اشتبھ علینا علمھ

75. When our knowledge about something is unclear, we say: "Allah knows best."

وَنُحِبُ أَصْحابَ النَّبيِّ وَلا نُفَرِّطُ في حُبِ أَحَدٍ مِنْهُمْ، وَلا نَتَبَرَّأُ مِنْ أَحَدٍ مِنْهُمْ. وَنُبْغِضُ مَنْ يُبْغِضُهُمْ، وَبغَيْرِ الْحَقِ لا نَذكُرُهُمْ؛ وَنَرى حُبَّهُمْ ديناً وَإِيماناً وَإِحْساناً، وَبُغْضَهُمْ كُفْراً وَشِقاقاً وَنِفاقاً وَطُغْياناً.

93. We love the Companions of the Messenger of Allah but we do not go to excess in our love for any one individual among them; nor do we disown any one of them. We hate anyone who hates them or does not speak well of them and we only speak well of them. Love of them is a part of Islam, part of belief and part of excellent behavior, while hatred of them is unbelief, hypocrisy and rebellion.

وَمَنْ أَحْسَنَ القَوْلَ في أَصْحابِ النَّبيِّ وَأِزْوَاجهِ وَذرِّيَّاتِهِ فَقَدْ بَرِئَ مِنَ النِّفاقِ

96. Anyone who speaks well of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and his wives and offspring, who are all pure and untainted by any impurity, is free from the accusation of hypocrisy

وَعُلَماءُ السَّلَفِ مِنَ الصَّالِحينَ وَالتَّابعينَ وَمَنْ بَعْدَهُمْ مِنْ أَهْلِ الخَيْرِ وَالأَثَرِ، وَأَهْلِ الفِقْهِ وَالنَّظَرِ، لا يُذكَرُونَ إِلاَّ بالجَميلِ، وَمَنْ ذكَرَهُمْ بسوءٍ فَهُوَ عَلى غَيْرِ السَّبيلِ.

97. The learned men of the Predecessors, both the first community and those who immediately followed: the people of virtue, the narrators of hadith, the jurists, and the analysts-- they must only be spoken of in the best way, and anyone who says anything bad about them is not on the right path.

We ask Allah to make us firm in our belief and seal our lives with it and to protect us from variant ideas, scattering opinions and evil schools of view such as those of the Mushabbiha, the Mu`tazila, the Jahmiyya, the Jabriyya, the Qadariyya, and others like them who go against the Sunna and Jama`a and have allied themselves with error. We renounce any connection with them and in our opinion they are in error and on the path of destruction. We ask Allah to protect us from all falsehood and we ask His Grace and Favour to do all good.

For the full version of Aqeedah Tahawiyah please see www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/500_31-10-2010/our-aq...
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2011 14:42
The Sahaba (Companions) (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين)

The Companions (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) of Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) are considered to be the most superior and exalted people after the Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) and the other Prophets and Messengers of Allah (عليهم السلام). The consensus among the People of the Sunnah (Ahlus-Sunnah w'al-Jama'ah) is that not one after them can attain their status. Thier closeness to Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) - in fact their having merely seen him while they were in a state of Iman (faith) - elevated them to stages that would be impossible for anyone else to reach.

Many narrations have been reported on the elevated rank of the Companions (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين). The Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) issued grave warnings against criticizing them in any way. He said: "Fear Allah in every matter concerning my Companions. Do not make them The targets (of your criticism) after me. Whoever loves them loves them out of love for me, and whoever hates them hates them out of hate for me. Whoever troubles them has troubled me and whoever troubles me has troubled Allah; and whoever troubles Allah, it is imminent that Allah seize him." (Mishkat al-Masabih from Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 5534)

In another hadith the Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: "The best of my Ummah (nation) are the people of my era (the Companions), then those who are after them (the Followers), then those who are after them (Followers of the Followers). Thereafter, will be such people who will bear testimony where their testimony will not be needed; they wull be deceptive and untrustworthy; and they will make vows but will never fulfill them." (Mishkat al-Masabih from Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim, 553)

He also said: "I asked Allah about the conflicts (that are to occur) between my Companions after my departure. Allah revealed to me,'O Muhammad! In My sight, your Companions are like the stars in the skies. Some are stronger than others but each possesses a light. Whoever adopts any opinion from the among the various opinions they differ in will be considered quided in my sight.'" (Mishkat al-Masabih from Razin al-'Abdari, 554)

Furthermor, Allah (azza wa jal) has clearly expressed his satisfaction and pleasure with all the Companions in the Qur'an:
"Allah is well pleased with them and they pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success." (9:100)

From the above, the elevated status of the Companions (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) becomes very clear and the Ummah is warned not to criticize them in any way.

The Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "The curse of Allah the angels and the whole people is upon whoever reviles my companions." [Ibn Hajar AI-Haithami in Majma' Al-Zawa'id]

"Do not revile my companions, for by Him in Whose Hand is my soul, were one of you to spend gold equal to mount Uhud, you would not attain the reward of the handful of one of them or even half of it." [Bukhari and Muslim]

"If you come across those who curse my Companions, say 'May Allah's curse be upon you for your evil." (Mishkat al-Masabih from Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 554)

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: "As for the one who goes further (the shia) and claims that they apostatized after the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died, apart from a small number, no more than ten or so, or that they became evildoers, there is no doubt that he is a kaafir (disbeliever), because he is rejecting what it says in the Qur'aan in more than one place, that Allaah was pleased with them and praised them. Indeed, the one who doubts that such a person is a kaafir is to be labelled as a kaafir himself, because what this view implies is that those who transmitted the Qur'aan and Sunnah were kuffaar (disbelievers) or rebellious evildoers. The verse says
"You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad (saw) and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind" [Aal 'Imraan 3:110], and the best of them were the first generation. But according to this (shia) view, most of them were kaafirs and rebellious evildoers, and this ummah is the worst of nations and the earliest generations of this ummah were the most evil of them. The fact that this is kufr (disbelief) is something that no Muslim has any excuse for not knowing." End quote from al-Saarim al-Maslool 'ala Shaatim al-Rasool (p. 590).

These were the Companions, the group Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) had selected for the companionship (suhba) of His beloved Envoy (صلي الله عليه وسلم). They fulfilled their promises to Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) and conveyed the teachings and practises of His Envoy (صلي الله عليه وسلم) to the Ummah, and Allah expressed His pleasure with them.

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/547_08-11-2010/the-sahaba-%28companions%29-%28radiallahu-anhum%29.html

+1 -0Like x 1
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2011 19:51
abu mohammed wrote:
"Anonymous" wrote:
I'm no scholar, but you should be careful with your words. We may utter Kufr and not even know it. As you say, "All should be left with Allah". Also, you should use AlayhisSalaam (AS) rather than Radiyalahu anhu (RA) when it comes to Imam Mehdi (AS) and and Prophet Isa (AS)

Thanks for identifying my mistake regarding Imam Mahdi (AS) and Prophet Jesus (AS) may Allah forgive me for the mistake I have done I would be much careful against such mistakes next time
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2016 18:52
shining light wrote:
View original post

Asalamualaikum.

There are two narrations in this post that are very weak, and fabricated.

Two of the narrations posted are very weak, and the other fabricated (slightly).

1st one:

Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu) was even privileged to be thebrother-in-law of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) since Umme Habiba(Radhiallaahu Anha), the sister of Mu'awiya, was one of Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)'s wives. Once Nabi (Sallallaahu AlayhiWasallam) came home to find Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu) with hissister. He asked her whether she loved him. To this Umme Habiba(Radhiallaahu Anhu) declared that he was her brother and therefore shedefinitely loved him. It was then that Mu'awiya (Radhiallaahu Anhu)received tremendous gladtidings from Nabi (Sallallaahu AlayhiWasallam), where he said, 'Allah and His Rasul definitely loveMu'awiya.' (Tabrani)

Regarding this, please see here: http://hadithanswers.com/a-virtue-of-sayyiduna-muawiyah-radiyallahu-anhu/[/url]

2nd one:

Such was the confidence which Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)had in the leadership qualities and trustworthiness of Mu'awiya(Radhiallaahu Anhu) that Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) onceconsulted with Abu Bakr (Radhiallaahu Anhu) and Umar (RadhiallaahuAnhu) regarding a certain matter. They were unable to give a suitablesuggestion. Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) then sent for Mu'awiya(Radhiallaahu Anhu) saying: 'Consult Mu'awiya (Radhiallahu Anhu) inyour affairs since he is trustworthy and reliable.' (Tabrani, Bazzaar)

Regarding this one, please see here: [url]http://hadithanswers.com/an-unauthentic-virtue-of-muawiyah-radiyallahu-anhu/

Jazak'Allah.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2016 18:11
Umm haraam al-Ansariyah reported that she heard the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) say :
" The first army of my ummah (nation) that invades the sea, all there sins are forgiven " .
Recorded by al-Bukhari 2924

In Fathul Bari, Sharah of Sahih Bukhari ,
" In this hadith is virtue of Muawiyaرضي الله عنه, because he was the first to invade the sea " .
Fateh al-Baree (6-127)
+3 -0Like x 2Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 15:40
It is narrated that, the Prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa sallam) said to Muawiyah (r.a):
“O Allah, make him (Muawiya ) guided, a guider, and guide people through him”

[Tirmidhi]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 15:50
More sound narrations on the virtue of Muawiyah (RA).

I asked these questions myself.

Question

Are the following du’as that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)
made for Sayyiduna Mu’awiyah authentic?

1) O Allah! Teach Mu’awiyah the Book and arithmetic, and protect him
from the Punishment.

اللهم علم معاوية الكتاب والحساب وقه العذاب

2) O Allah! Teach him (Mu’awiyah) the Book and arithmetic, and grant him
authority over cities and protect him from the Punishment.

اللهم علمه الكتاب والحساب ومكن له في البلاد وقه سوء العذاب

3) O Allah! Make him a guide, guided (to the right path), and guide
(others) through him.

اللهم اجعله هاديا مهديا و اهد به

Answer

1) This Hadith is recorded by Imam Ahmad (rahimahullah) and others. Imam
Ibn Khuzaymah and Imam Ibn Hibban (rahimahumallah) have declared the
Hadith as authentic (sahih).

(Musnad Ahmad, vol. 4 pg. 127, Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, Hadith: 1938 and
Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 7210. Also see: Al Muntakhab Minal
‘Ilal Lil Khallal of Hafiz Ibn Qudamah Al Maqdisi, pg. 234, Hadith: 141,
Siyaru A’alamin Nubala, vol. 3 pg. 124 and Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 9 pg.
356)

2) This is a combination of two narrations. Imam Tabarani
(rahimahullah) has recorded both (mursalan). Hafiz Haythami
(rahimahullah) states that the narrators are declared reliable, although
there is a difference of opinion regarding some of the narrators.

(Al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 1065 and 1066 -volume: 19-. Refer: Majma’uz
Zawaid, vol. 9 pg. 356/7. Also see Siyaru A’alamin Nubala, vol. 3 pg.
124/5)

3) Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration on the
authority of Sayyiduna ‘Abdur Rahman ibn ‘Amirah (radiyallahu ‘anhu). He
has declared this Hadith sound (hasan).

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3842)

And Allah Ta’ala knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2016 00:32
Abdulla Ibn Al-Mubarak was asked:
Which of them is better, Muawiya Ibn Abi Sufyan رضي الله عنه or Umar Ibn Abdul Aziz?.
He said: 'By Allah, the dust that has entered the nose of Muawiya with the Messenger of Allah is better than Umar one thousand times. Muawiya prayed behind the Messenger of Allah (saw) . When he(saw) said: Samia Allahu leman hamida (Allah listens to one who praises him i.e when rising from Ruku) Muawiya said: Rabana wa laka Al-Hamd (Our Lord to you is the praise). What do you want more than this?'

Wafiyat al Ayan by Ibn Khalkan 3/33 , Kitab Al Shariyah by Ajiri 5/2466
+6 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2016 19:33
Qatada said: If you woke up seeing deeds similar to those of Muawiya, most of you would have said this is the Mehdi.

Al Sunnah by Khalal 1/438

Mujahid said "If you had seen Muawiyah, you would have said that he is the Mehdi.

Al Bidaya 8/137

Al-Zuhri said: Muawiya applied the way of Umar Ibn Al-Khatab for several years, not missing anything from it .

Al Sunnah by Khalal 1/444
+3 -0

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?