Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
rujie
Rank Image
London
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 21st March 2006 15:40

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem

... At the time of RasulAllah salAllahu 'alayhi wasallam, there was a sahaba radiAllahu 'anh and he was African. He knew that RasulAllah salAllahu 'alayhi wasallam's blessed hair would sometimes fall and create a part down the center of his perfect head.

Now this sahaba's hair radiAllah 'anh was like any African's hair, so it wasn't the kind that could part. This pained him so much... he would look with sad yearning at the hair of his beloved master salAllahu 'alayhi wasallam and would lament deeply that he could not be like him... that he could not do what Allah subhaanahu wa ta 'aala had shown was beloved to Him through His Habib salAllahu 'alayhi wasallam.

One day, he couldn't take it any longer- he grabbed hold of the thin, metal stick used to cook meat over a fire, pulled it out of the burning fire, red hot, placed it down the center of his scalp, and burned away a line of hair, creating a part.

The other sahaba radiAllahu 'anhum, upon seeing the blood and burning skin on his head, cried, "what are you doing!! Doesn't it hurt?!" to which he replied, "I swear that the pain I felt upon knowing that I could not fulfill this one sunnah was more intolerable than the pain of the burning of my scalp." ...

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2006 12:05
SUBHAN'ALLAH!

Wasalaam.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2006 12:40
Subhanallah!! The sahaba's were truly amazing.
If Allah was to give us just an aota of their 'jazba' we would be truly blessed.

No post ratings
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2007 11:53
May Allah give us the ability of following every sunnan of our beloved prophet Muhammed S.A.W AMEEN
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2008 14:41
bint Mohammed wrote:

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem

... At the time of RasulAllah salAllahu 'alayhi wasallam, there was a sahaba radiAllahu 'anh and he was African. He knew that RasulAllah salAllahu 'alayhi wasallam's blessed hair would sometimes fall and create a part down the center of his perfect head.

Now this sahaba's hair radiAllah 'anh was like any African's hair, so it wasn't the kind that could part. This pained him so much... he would look with sad yearning at the hair of his beloved master salAllahu 'alayhi wasallam and would lament deeply that he could not be like him... that he could not do what Allah subhaanahu wa ta 'aala had shown was beloved to Him through His Habib salAllahu 'alayhi wasallam.

One day, he couldn't take it any longer- he grabbed hold of the thin, metal stick used to cook meat over a fire, pulled it out of the burning fire, red hot, placed it down the center of his scalp, and burned away a line of hair, creating a part.

The other sahaba radiAllahu 'anhum, upon seeing the blood and burning skin on his head, cried, "what are you doing!! Doesn't it hurt?!" to which he replied, "I swear that the pain I felt upon knowing that I could not fulfill this one sunnah was more intolerable than the pain of the burning of my scalp." ...

Asslamo Allaikum,

Interesting.

Which Sahabi (RA) was this & where is this incident written?
No post ratings
Rank Image
uae
Unspecified
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2008 05:56
SUBHAN'ALLAH!
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in red?