Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Yasin, samah, Seifeddine-M, PiousWifeSeeker
Rank Image
India
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2013 15:58
(bism1)
(salaam)
Narrated Hz Sahl bin Sa rz.a: While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet s.a.w a woman came to him n presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet s.a.w looked at her, lowering his eyes n raising them,but didn't give a reply. One of his companions rz.a said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet s.a.w asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet s.a.w said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Said, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves n give her one half n keep the other half." The Prophet s.a.w said,"No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes."The Prophet s.a.w said,"Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (65.4) And the 'Iddat for the girl before puberty is three months (in the above Verse).(Bukhari,Book #62, Hadith #63)
This hadis proves that marriage is very easy to perform but unfortunately, now a days fornication is easy n Nikah is difficult.
First, the boys have to get good education which enable them to have either high paid salary job or well established business before they can think of marriage, the same a girl wants.
Allah swt has made human bodies in this manner that one needs the 'company' of opposite gender at one stage. Which is why unmarried young ppl involve in fornication, especially, teenagers are highly vulnerable-who, even want to restrain though, find it too tough to struggle with themselves.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 5Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2013 01:44
Masha Allah, Good one.
Nikah is easy in Islam. Beloved Prophet SAW taught us how to perform Nikkah.

IMO,
1. Nowadays Nikkah has become a place where you can show your money, power, expose your family women's beauty, Powerful digital Cameras, Multi angle Videos.

2. Even Poor people get loans for interest and conduct marriages like rich people. Else society(Muslims and their Muslim relations) would kill them.

3. Rich Muslims conduct marriage in a big auditorium invite big shots, politicians, business men, etc. Also their marriage invitations are like booklets explaining about the their business, etc.

4. In India, people come during Jumma to request help for their kid's marriage. The invitation itself says and if you go their marriage you can see intermingling, video, photo shoot, and more israaf.

5. Recently my uncle attended a Muslim marriage in my city. There was a Shaytaani Music concert. In addition to that, the bride and groom were holding the Mic and giving lip movement for playback music.

6. I have even seen big Ulemas conducting Nikkah, where photos are being taken. I discussed with few Ulemas regd this, they are telling me that - these people are asking them only to perform Nikkah and not to talk anything regd deen. Even Ulema are not taking step towards this, no reflection in Jumma bayans too.

What steps have we taken to stop this stupidity? Some rich stupids have started this Israaf and bidah in marriages, unfortunately even poor stupids have started this. Because of these stupids, poor women are not getting married or getting married at the age of 36. These culprits have spoiled the society. These stupids are promoting EASY ZINA and DIFFICULT NIKKAHS. We must stop these stupids and teach these stupids a good lesson.
+6 -0Agree x 6
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2013 10:11
MashaAllah brother Abdullah(Servant.Of.Allah) has shed some light on things which has made Nikah difficult. So I thought to add some more points to it which are really needed to be addressed.
Why Nikah is becoming difficult? And why there is no Barakah after Nikah?

Today we are living in a society where marriage in a Halal way without all the glittering is becoming more and more difficult, as a result of this new generation is falling on other side and Haram ways to fulfill their need i.e "Zina".

"O ye who believe! Save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from God, but do (precisely) what they are commanded.
[Holy Quran: Tahrim 66: 6]

Keep marriage as simple as possible and less expensive. Avoid Haram activities in the marriage.(Photography, video, music, Sangeet etc).
Dowry - Family of the Bride pays to groom and his family - which may include all kinds of material given in the name of gift - TV, Car, bike, home, gold what ever you name, it is not islamic and it has to be stop... it is not Islamic.
Bidda - Haldi and other local rituals before and after marriage.
Giving preference to Materialistic things in the name of gift ( cloth, money etc) has to be stop.

Remember oppressing and demanding has no place in Islam, all this will take you to away from Jannah. This is already spoilling our society and we'll be held responsible
in front of Allah for our own deeds.

Nikah in Islam is considered to be a very important part of eaman and sunnah, but have we ever thought why it is getting so difficult to get married these days? When I came across this topic, I recalled many people around me who are willing to get married but they are not able to.
May Allah s.w.t make it easy for them, May Allah s.w.t provide them resources which are needed and may they get pious and practising partner. Ameen.
+6 -0Agree x 1Ameen x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2013 02:35
(bism1)
"If I don't kill her today; tomorrow she will kill me financially or some one else will burn her for the sake of dowry,"
rationalizes the would be father of an unborn female child, at the time of deciding a premature end for her. Such is the evil of dowry, rampantly prevailing in Indian society. A study has revealed that an estimated one million (1,000,000 ) female foetuses are being destroyed every year in India alone where, even today the birth of a female child is viewed as a curse. As soon as a daughter is born, the family in general and the father in particular starts calculating the huge financial burden that lies ahead of him. Whereas a Muslim father seizes, the same opportunity with both his hands as his Prophet (pbuh) has promised him heaven or paradise for bringing up his daughter the way he takes care of his male child.
A Muslim father does not have to bother for dowry, as there is nothing called 'Dowry' in Islam. On the contrary, Islam enjoins the groom to give a 'Bridal-Gift' or 'Dower' as a token of love and assurance to his would be wife at the time of marriage. In fact without payment of this sum, the marriage cannot get solemnized. The Holy Qur'an instructs the believers
"And give the women (whom you marry) their dower (obligatory bridal gift) happily" (4:4)
The practice of dowry among ignorant Muslims is a result of the influence of the evil practices of the society they live in. Islam does not put any financial burden on the father of the girl. A Muslim father is told to get her daughter married away in a most simple 'Nikah' ceremony solemnized by a 'Qazi' (priest) in a mosque, witnessed by his close relatives and friends. He is not even required to throw a luncheon to the handful of invitees assembled for this occasion. In fact it is desirable on the part of the groom that he offers a reception (Waleema) to his near ones & dear ones without forgetting the poor people of his society.
The example of such a simple marriage was set up by none other than the Prophet (pbuh) himself. He got his daughters married in the simplest possible manner. There was nothing in it whatsoever for the bridegroom that could be termed as dowry. The Prophet (pbuh) said:
"The best of the marriages is one which is least burdensome in the financial sense to the families of the bride and the groom"
Thus he paved a way for people of all times to come to live a life without stress and strain pertaining to daughters' marriages too!
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
India
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2014 07:36
(bism1)
(salaam)

Recently a marriage was held in my locality. Only 10 persons went to girl's home. Nikah was soleminized in masjid without pomp and show; and any dowry.

Boy is an engineer in Jordan and the girl is an M.B.B.S. Doctor in Aligarh Medical College.

Everybody was impressed by this event. I think it's a perfect example of ''Make Nikah easy and make Zina difficult''
+4 -0Like x 1Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2014 08:20
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Nikkah of my dreams... mashaAllah...
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Orlando, Florida
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2015 05:50
Very true, this is very sad that even after knowing everything about Islam, we find difficulty in Nikah in our societies therefore people go to the wrong direction, may Allah us all Ameen.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2022 14:43
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

It is very very unfortunate that Nikah has become hard while fornication has become easy for people. Islam encourages Nikah so that evil is stopped from being spread over the place. I think it is the responsibility of parents to look into the fact that when their kids reach maturity as defined by the Islam, they should arrange for Nikah. They should do it as early as possible so that the message of performing Nikah goes through the society.

Nikah is very important to help stop fornication to occur in our communities. The moment we recognise that our kids have become capable of taking the responsibility of their spouse, they should be allowed to marry. It would become very difficult when our parents don't pay any heed to it resulting in the deterioration of our society. Muslims should encourage Nikah so that a good message goes through our societies and leaves a positive impact on the non-Muslims as well. Nikah is important from various perspectives and we should go for it as early as possible. Here is the best article i have ever read telling all the Muslims to ponder upon why they always encourage Nikah in their societies.

www.kalameilahi.com/importance-of-nikah-in-islam/
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2022 14:44
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

It is very very unfortunate that Nikah has become hard while fornication has become easy for people. Islam encourages Nikah so that evil is stopped from being spread over the place. I think it is the responsibility of parents to look into the fact that when their kids reach maturity as defined by the Islam, they should arrange for Nikah. They should do it as early as possible so that the message of performing Nikah goes through the society.

Nikah is very important to help stop fornication to occur in our communities. The moment we recognise that our kids have become capable of taking the responsibility of their spouse, they should be allowed to marry. It would become very difficult when our parents don't pay any heed to it resulting in the deterioration of our society. Muslims should encourage Nikah so that a good message goes through our societies and leaves a positive impact on the non-Muslims as well. Nikah is important from various perspectives and we should go for it as early as possible. Here is the best article i have ever read telling all the Muslims to ponder upon why they always encourage Nikah in their societies.

kalameilahi.com/importance-of-nikah-in-islam/
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2023 03:18
We can see one's sunnah in nikkah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2023 06:03
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2023 12:37
(bism1)

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

Firstly, I request duas of aafiyat for me, my family, and the whole Muslim Ummah.

I am from Karachi, Pakistan. It has been ~7-8 years (since my A levels) that I requested my parents (who are not so deendar) to get me married. I am currently 26.

First, they said me to complete my studies and after getting a job.

I completed Bachelors in 2019, got a job, but still I did not find them serious and active in finding a deendar spouse for me, nor did I find my relatives taking interest (most of them are also not so practising).

I got few direct proposals from my contemporaries, alhamdulillah, but my parents never took it serious to meet families; they made contradictory excuses; the girl is too old, that caste is known to be clever, the girl is too (excuse by father) much or too less (excuse by mother) educated, we don't know the family, how we will verify them?

It's like I am stuck in each of their conflicting worldly demands.

I just want to save my chastity, and marry a young girl who is a practising Mu'minah, but they don't co-operate and take any urgent effort (not a single rishta have they told me themselves).

Now, recently after much pleading, father is soft for getting me married and prefers to get me married to an 'Alimah, alhamdulillah.

But no efforts seen from his side as he doesn't have deendar social circles.

The deendar person I knew in my neighborhood has already wed his daughter.

Mother never gets ready to meet and see any girl because she is embarassed about our house condition (abnormal for posh areas); having deteriorated over years due to financial conditions; being unable to afford major maintenance work needed, afford a maid, and maintain the house herself because of her health conditions.

She gets the waswasah that; what will the girl's family think? The blame will fall on me, I will get bad named for the house condition etc.

Whenever I talk about a proposal, her face turns gloomy and it feels that she wants to avoid talking about my rishta.

So I am in a dilemma that if I approach a family (currently seeking online matches myself on mawaddah matrimony, getrishta dot com, and local Facebook and WhatsApp groups), and I reach mutual agreement with matches' parent, I am in a deadlock as no family would trust us if my mother is not willing to meet the girl. So I eventually end up excusing myself from them.

I have reached a stage that nikah has become fard upon me, and am determined to marry whether my parents like it or not, insha'Allah!

If anyone can advise me please or get me in touch with a family that understands my conditions and will give their daughter's hand.

I am ready to come visit the mahram personally so that they can ascertain my identity and we can ascertain compatibility.

I am confident that once I bring my wife home, all my mother's wasawis will disappear, shaytan will be defeated, and she will realise that deendar women don't have their gaze at materialistic things like materialistic people and she or her family will not blame or defame her. Insha'Allah!

You can find my profile on; mawaddah by the name of Pious Wife Seeker and on getrishta by the name of Ibrahim.

JazakAllahu khayra for your duas and assistance.

Wassalam!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2023 13:10
akbar703 wrote:
View original post

Dear Admin,
This is deviating from the topic.
Kindly take action.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2023 15:53
PiousWifeSeeker wrote:
View original post

The waswasah is that, we look for proposals from families who are in higher duniya status than us.

Look for family who think that your house is jannat in duniya itself. Done....
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2023 09:30
akbar703 wrote:
View original post

You are right. But what can I do if the
potential brides' families don't understand my condition?

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?