Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Hadeeth thread

Jump to page:

You have contributed 3.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
ayesha786, LoveDeen, sarah, Taqwah, AEESHA, rujie, Umm Zahra, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, Taalibah, abunooh, Maria al-Qibtiyya, bint e aisha
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#331 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 20:11

من كان يؤمن بالله واليوم الآخر فليقل خيرا أو ليصمت

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him say what is good or remain silent."

(Bukhari)

لا تكلم بكلام تعتذر منه غدا

"Do not say any word that (you believe) you will have to apologize for tomorrow."

(Ahmad)

من صمت نجا

"He who keeps silent remains safe"

(Tirmidhi)

وقال عمر: من كثر كلامه كثر سقطه، ومن كثر سقطه كثرت ذنوبه، ومن كثرت ذنوبه كانت النار أولى به.

Umar Ra said:

"The one who speaks a lot commits lots of mistakes. The one who makes lots of sins will have the Hell-fire as the first place for him."

(Jaami' al-Uloom wal Hikam)

وقال الفضيل بن عياض: ما حج ولا رباط ولا جهاد أشد من حبس اللسان

"There is no Hajj, no guarding the enemy lines and no Jihad which is more difficult than restraining the tongue."

(Fath al-Mubeen li-Sharh al-Arabeen)

أفضل الجهاد كلمة حق عند سلطان جائر

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (صلى الله عليه وسلم) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said:

"The best type of Jihad (striving in the way of Allah) is speaking a true word in the presence of a tyrant ruler."

[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#332 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 20:46

"Verily, from amongst My slaves is he whose faith cannot be rectified except by good health, and were I to make him sick, it would surely corrupt him. Verily, from amongst My slaves is he whose faith cannot be rectified except by disease and illness, and were I to make him healthy, it would surely corrupt him. Verily, from amongst My slaves is he who seeks worship by a certain act but I prevent that from him so that self-amazement does not enter his heart. Certainly, I run the affairs of My slaves by My Knowledge of what is in their hearts. Certainly, I am the All-Knower, All-Aware."

Tabraani
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#333 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 21:38
"Do not speak much without mentioning Allah, for too much speech without remembering Allah will harden the heart; verily the furthest of the people from Allah is the one with a hard heart."

(Tirmidhi)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#334 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 21:38
Verily Allah سبحانه وتعالى does not look at your appearance nor your wealth, but He looks at your hearts and actions

(Sahih Muslim)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#335 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 21:39
"Blessed is the one who controls his tongue, whose house is sufficient for him & who weeps over his mistakes"

[at-tabarani]
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#336 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 21:40
The Prophet (saw) said: "Restore the trusts of those who trust you, and deal not falsely with him who deals falsely with you."

[Abu Dawud]
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#337 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2014 23:19
Reported by Shaddad bin Aus (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "A wise man is the one who calls himself to account (and refrains from doing evil deeds) and does noble deeds to benefit him after death; and the foolish person is the one who subdues himself to his temptations and desires and seeks from Allah the fulfillment of his vain desires". [Tirmidhi] 
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#338 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2014 13:44
(bism1)
(salaam)

Sahih Bukhari Chapter No: 2, Belief
Hadith no: 9
Narrated: Abu Huraira RA
The Prophet s.a.w said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are selfrespect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#339 [Permalink] Posted on 15th March 2014 23:35
"If Allah wants to favor someone, He grants him comprehension (understanding) of this religion."
[Sahih Bukhari vol.1 # 71, Tirmidhi and Musnad Ahmad]
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#340 [Permalink] Posted on 15th March 2014 23:39
"Whoever treads on a path in search of Islamic knowledge, Allah will ease the way to Paradise for him. The angels will lower their wings, pleased with this seeker of knowledge, and everyone in the heavens and on earth will ask forgiveness for the knowledgeable person, even the fish in the deepest of waters will ask for his forgiveness" [Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi # 2835-sahih hadith]
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#341 [Permalink] Posted on 16th March 2014 00:14

On the authority of Masruq (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: We asked Abdullah (i.e. Ibn Masud) about this verse: "And do not regard those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead, rather are they alive with their Lord, being provided for (Qur'an Chapter 3 Verse 169)."
He said: "We asked about that and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: 'Their souls are in the insides of green birds having lanterns suspended from the Throne, roaming freely in Paradise where they please, then taking shelter in those lanterns. So their Lord cast a glance at them (1) and said: 'Do you wish for anything?' They said: 'What shall we wish for when we roam freely in Paradise where we please?' And thus did He do to them three times. When they say that they would not be spared from being asked [again], they said: 'O Lord, we would like for You to put back our souls into our bodies so that we might fight for Your sake once again. And when He saw that they were not in need of anything they were let be.'"
(1) i.e. at those who had been killed in the cause of Allah.
It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#342 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2014 18:57
"No one has given his children anything better than adab" (knowledge on morals and etiquette)
[Tirmidhi]
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#343 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2014 18:57
"Use Ithmid (a type of Surma) as that lenghthens the eyelashes and improves the sight."
(Bukhari)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#344 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2014 18:58
"No Muslim is afflicted with any harm but for that Allah will cause his sins to be shed as the leaves of a tree fall down."
[Sahih Bukhari]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#345 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2014 18:59
"Use olive oil in your food and rub it on your body, for indeed it comes from a blessed tree."
(Tirmidhi)
+2 -0Like x 2

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?