Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Hadeeth thread

Jump to page:

You have contributed 3.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
ayesha786, LoveDeen, sarah, Taqwah, AEESHA, rujie, Umm Zahra, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, Taalibah, abunooh, Maria al-Qibtiyya, bint e aisha
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#361 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2014 12:01
Tariq bin Ashyam (radiallahu anh) reported: Whenever a man entered the fold of Islam, the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) would show him how to perform Salat and then direct him to supplicate: "Allahumm-aghfir li, warhamni, wa-hdini, wa `afini, warzuqni (O Allah! Forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me, guard me against harm and provide me with sustenance and salvation).'''
[Muslim]

In another narration Tariq said: A man came to the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) and said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! What shall I say if I want to pray to my Rubb?'' He (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "Say: `Allahumma-ghfir li, warhamni, wa `afini, warzuqni (O Allah! Forgive me, have mercy on me, protect me and provide me with sustenance).' Surely, this supplication is better for you in this life and in the Hereafter.''
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#362 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2014 01:02

As salamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters, I wanted to share a very nice hadith with you. This distinguishes us Muslims from the rest of mankind.

Our beloved RasulUllah (pbuh) said:

"Among the well known wisdoms of the Anbiyya is the saying, 'if you have no shame then do as you please'. "

Bukhari [ahadith. co. uk/permalink-hadith-460]

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#363 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2014 23:22
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "When Allah wills good for His slave, He puts him to use." They asked, "How does He use him?" He said, "He guides him to do good deeds before he dies." (Ahmad)
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#364 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2014 23:25
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven every night when the last third of the night remains, and says: 'Who will call upon Me, that I may answer him; who will ask of Me that I might give him; who will seek My forgiveness that I might forgive him?'" (Bukhari)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#365 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2014 07:04
(bism1)
(salaam)

Ibn Abbas r.a reports: "The Prophet (saw) applied antimony of Ithmid three times in each eye before sleeping."

(Shamail Tirmidhi Chapter on the antimony of the Prophet (saw) Hadith # 2)

Ibn Abbas rz.a says: "The Prophet (saw) has said: "The best from among all the antimony used by you is the one made from Ithmid. It brightens the eyesight and strengthens the growth of the eyelashes."

(Shamail Tirmidhi Chapter on the antimony of the Prophet (saw) Hadith # 4)
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#366 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 01:24
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "Shall I not tell you of something that will take away the evil of the heart (rancour, hatred, envy etc)? Fasting 3 days of each month." (Nasaa'i)
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
India
Brother
#367 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 18:49
(bism1)
Narrated: Abu Huraira rz.a
that a man said to the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam: "Advise me! "The Prophet (saw) said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet (saw) said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious." [Al-Bukhari; Vol. 8 No. 137]

Commentary:

This hadith is also related by other scholars ofhadith. In another narration, it is related as:
A man came to the Messenger of Allah,sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, and said, "Messenger of Allah (saw), teach me some words which I can live by. Do not make them too much for me, lest I forget." The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said, "Do not be angry." [Abu Daud]

Some scholars say that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, knew that the man who asked him used to get angry often and that is why the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, gave him that particular advice. This view may lead to narrowing down and limiting the benefit of the hadith, whereas it is very comprehensive, far-reaching and applicable to all Muslims because everyone is subject to anger.

There are other Qur'anic verses and hadith that emphasize the need to avoid getting angry. Allah سبحانه وتعالى mentions the qualities of the muttaqin:
"Those who spend (in Allah's cause) in prosperity and in adversity, who repress their anger, and who pardon men, verily, Allah سبحانه وتعالى loves the al-Muhsinun (the gooddoers)." [Surah Al-Imran (3) : Ayah 133-134]

In another hadith, Abu Hurairah rz.a related that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the person who contains himself when he is angry." [Al-Bukhari; Book 47, No. 47.3.12]

And from the du'a (supplications) of the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam:
"I ask you O Allah, for truthful speech during times of pleasure and anger" [Nasaai and Ahmad]
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#368 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 02:04
(bism1)

Found In: Imam Malik's Muwatta Chapter No: 28, Marriage
Hadith no: 50
Narrated:
Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibr. Shihab from al-Araj that Abu Hurayra rz.a said, "The worst food is the food of a wedding feast to which the rich are invited and the poor are left out. If anyone rejects an invitation, he has rebelled against Allah سبحانه وتعالى and His Messenger (saw)."
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#369 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 16:56
(bism1)
(salaam)

Found In: Imam Nawawi's 40 hadith Chapter No: 1, An-Nawawi's 40 Hadith
Hadithno: 35
Narrated: Abu Huraira rz.a
who said: the messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Do not envy one another; do not inflate prices one to another; do not hate one another; do not turn away from one another; and do not undercut one another, but be you, O servants of Allah, brothers. A muslim is the brother of a muslim: he neither oppresses him nor does he fail him, he neither lies to him nor does he hold him in contempt. piety is right here-and he pointed to his breast three times. It is evil enough for a man to hold his brother muslim in contempt. The whole of a muslim for another muslim is inviolable: his blood, his property, and his honor." related by Muslim.
+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#370 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2014 20:10
(bism1)

Reported by Aba Hurairah (RA): Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "If you are afflicted in any way, do not say: 'If I had taken this or that step, it would have resulted in such and such,' but say only: 'Allah so determined and did as He willed.' The word 'if' opens the gate of satanic thoughts. "
[Muslim
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#371 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 15:29
(bism1)

Reported by Abud-Darda' (RA): The Prophet (saw) said: "He who defends the honour of his (Muslim) brother, Allah سبحانه وتعالى will secure his face against the Fire on the Day of Resurrection."
[At Tirmidhi]
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#372 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 18:38
(bism1)

Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Allah will cover up on the Day of Resurrection the defects (faults) of the one who covers up the faults of the others in this world".
[Muslim]

Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "He who removes from a believer one of his difficulties of this world, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and he who finds relief for a hard-pressed person, Allah will make things easy for him on the Day of Resurrection."
[Muslim]

Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, "It is enough for a Muslim to commit evil by despising his Muslim brother.''
[Tirmidhi]

Reported by Ibn Mas'ud (RA): The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "When three of you are together, two of you must not converse privately ignoring the third till the number increases, lest the third should be grieved."
[Al Bukhari and Muslim]
+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#373 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 11:12
(bism1)

Imam Ahmad rh.a recorded a Hadith from Ibn Muhayriz rh.a who said: I said to Abu Jumu`ah rz.a, "Narrate a Hadith for us that you heard from the Messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam '' He said, "Yes. I will narrate a good Hadith for you. Once we had lunch with the Messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam. Abu `Ubaydah, who was with us, said, `O Messenger of Allah! Are people better than us We embraced Islam with you and performed Jihad with you.'
He said, 'Yes, those who will come after you, who will believe in me although they did not see me'
This Hadith has another route collected by Abu Bakr bin Marduwyah in his Tafsir, from Salih bin Jubayr who said: `Abu Jumu`ah Al-Ansari, the Companion of the Messenger of Allah , came to Bayt Al-Maqdis (Jerusalem) to perform the prayer. Raja' bin Haywah was with us, so when Abu Jumu`ah finished, we went out to greet him. When he was about to leave, he said, "You have a gift and a right. I will narrate a Hadith for you that I heard from the Messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam '' We said, "Do so, and may Allah grant you mercy.'' He said, "We were with the Messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, ten people including Mu`adh bin Jabal. We said, "O Messenger of Allah! Are there people who will acquire greater rewards than us We believed in Allah and followed you.'
He said, 'What prevents you from doing so, while the Messenger of Allah is among you, bringing you the revelation from heaven there are people who will come after you and who will be given a book between two covers (the Qur'an), and they will believe in it and implement its commands. They have a greater reward than you, even twice as much'.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#374 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2014 14:02
(bism1)

Narrated Anas rz.a.: The Prophet (saw) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."(Bukhari, Book #2, Hadith #12)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#375 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2014 19:24
(bism1)

Sayyiduna Abu Rafi' (radiyallahu 'anhu) reports: "I saw Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) giving the adhan which is called at the time of Salah in the ears of Sayyiduna Hasan ibn 'Ali (radiyallahu 'anhuma) when Sayyidatuna Fathima (radiyallahu 'anha) gave birth to him.
(Sunan Tirmdhi, hadith: 1514 and Sunan Abi Dawud, hadith: 5105)
+3 -0Like x 3

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?