Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Hadeeth thread

Jump to page:

You have contributed 3.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
ayesha786, LoveDeen, sarah, Taqwah, AEESHA, rujie, Umm Zahra, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, Taalibah, abunooh, Maria al-Qibtiyya, bint e aisha
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#211 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2013 08:53
Beautiful hadeeth ماشاء الله
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#212 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2013 11:51
In a narration related by Abu Dharr رضي الله عنه from Rasoolalah (saw), Allah says about a man, ' present to him his minor sins and leave the major ones. It will be said to him, do you deny anything from this ? He will say, no, and he is afraid lest his major sins be presented to him. Then Allah will say, indeed we have changed for you in the place of every sin a good deed. He will say O my Lord, I have indeed perpetrated sins that I do not see here ? And the messenger of Allah (saw) laughed until his front teeth appeared.
( Muslim)
+4 -0Like x 3Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#213 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2013 12:25
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was once sitting in the mosque, when a man came in and prayed salah. After he finished, he said, "O Allah, forgive me and have mercy on me." The Prophet said, "You have been too hasty, O worshipper. When you have finished your salah and are sitting, praise Allah as He deserves to be praised, and send blessings upon me, then make your dua." (Tirmidhi)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#214 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2013 12:37
The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "The supplication of my brother Dhun Nun (Yunus, peace be upon him), who called on Allah while in the whale's belly: 'There is no deity but You. Glory be to You! Verily, I have been among the wrongdoers' (Quran 21:87) - no Muslim person says it, for any situation whatsoever, except that Allah Most High answers his call." [Tirmidhi]
La ilaha illa Anta, Subhanaka, inni kuntu mina z-zalimin.
لا إلهَ إلا أنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظّالِمِيْنَ
+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#215 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2013 17:02
Zaid Bin Arqam رضي الله عنه reported: I am not going to say anything but only that which Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) (saw) used to say. He used to supplicate:" O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from incapacity, from sloth, from cowardice, from miserliness, decrepitude and from torment of the grave. O Allah, grant to my soul the sense of righteousness and purify it, for Thou art the Best Purifier thereof. Thou art the Protecting Friend thereof, and Guardian thereof. O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from the knowledge which does not benefit, from the heart that does not entertain the fear (of Allah), from the soul that does not feel contented and the supplication that is not responded."seek refuge in you from knowledge which does not benefit, from a heart which does not feel humble, from a soul that does not feel contented and from an invocation that is not answered." (Muslim)
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#216 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2013 08:38
'Abdullah ibn Masoud رضي الله عنه reported Allah's Messenger (saw) said:

"Do not have ikhtilaf, for nations before you had ikhtilaf and they were destroyed"

[Sahih ul Bukhari Vol. 3 Book 41 Hadith 593, Vol. 4 Book 55 Hadith 682]
+2 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#217 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2013 08:40
Hadhrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported Allah's Messenger (saw) as saying, "If anyone recites Ha-mim Al-Dukhan any night, seventy thousand angels will ask forgiveness for him in the evening."
(Tirmizi)

Hadhrat Abu Rafi radiyallahu anhu said, "Whoever will recite Surah Dukhan on the Eve of Friday, by morning he is forgiven and he will be wed to a huri (damsel of paradise) with wide lovely eyes."
(Darimi)

The same Hadith is reported by Hadhrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu that Rasoolullah (saw) said, "Whoever shall recite Surah Dukhan on the Eve of Friday, he is forgiven in the morning."

Hadhrat Abu Umamah radiyallahu anhu has said: I have heard the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam saying, "Whoever prays Surah Dukhan on the Eve of Friday or on Friday Allah Ta'ala makes for him a home in paradise."

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said, 'Whoever reads surat Ya-Sin in the night, he will be forgiven. And whoever reads Ha-Meem, the one in which smoke is mentioned, he will be forgiven.'

The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, 'Chapters beginning with Ha-Meem are beautiful, fresh, fragrant, splendid mesdows. Whosoever desires to walk around in the meadows of Paradise should recite these surahs.'
[Al-Tadhkar Fi Afdal Al-Adhkar by Imam al-Qurtubi]

Ibn Mas'ud (radiAllahu anhu) said, 'The 'ha-meems' are the embelishments of the Quran.'
[Hakim, Dhahabi, Ibn Al Mundhir & Baihaqi]

The 'haa-meems' refer to the seven Surahs which have ha-meem at the start are: Surahs Ghafir or Al-Mu'min (40), Fussilat (or Ha-Meem) (41), Shura (42), Zukhruf (43), Dukhan (44), Jathiyah (45), Ahqaf (46)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#218 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2013 08:45
Abu Hurayra رضي الله عنه narrated that the Messenger of Allah (saw) once asked his companions: "Do you know who is the bankrupt one?"

The companions رضي الله عنه replied: "A bankrupt person amongst us is the one who neither has a dirham nor any possessions."

The Prophet (saw) said: "Rather, the bankrupt person from my ummah is the one who will come on the Day of Resurrection with a good record of prayers, fasts and zakah; but he would have offended a person, slandered another, unlawfully consumed the wealth of another person, murdered someone and hit someone. Each one of these people would be given some of the wrong-doer's good deeds. If his good deeds fall short of settling the account, then their sins will be taken from their account and entered into the wrong-doer's account and he would be thrown in the Hell Fire." (Muslim)

The bankrupt man as described in the hadith was not even poor to begin with. A person may arrive on the Day of Resurrection with a mountain of good deeds, but lost everything because of having to repay all the people whom he had harmed, wronged or owed anything to in any form. We should be extremely careful with our words and actions as we will be held responsible for every deed on the Day of Resurrection.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#219 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2013 16:24

Greater than that is the path that draws one closer to Allah. Allah سبحانه وتعالى says:

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

- Hadith Qudsi
+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#220 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2013 16:33
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.232 Narrated by Aisha رضي الله عنه

Some people asked Allah's Messenger (saw) about the fore-tellers. Allah's Messenger (saw) said to them, "They are nothing (i.e., liars)." The people said, 'O Allah's Messenger (saw) Sometimes they tell something which comes out to be true." Allah's Messenger (saw) said, "That word which comes to be true is what a jinn snatches away by stealing and then pours it in the ear of his fore-teller with a sound similar to the cackle of a hen, and then they add to it one-hundred lies."

The so-called 'knowledge' of palmistry, or the deciphering of the happenings of the future by studying the position of the lines or marks in one's hands are nothing more than absolute lies, whims, conjecture, and guess-works of ignorant and unscrupulous people. There is absolutely no reality and relation between the lines and marks on one's hands and the events that take place in a person's life!

Everything that happens in the heavens and the earth, is in the Absolute Control and Sole Domain of the All Powerful, All Knowing Lord of the Worlds. No star, no sun, no moon, no marks or lines on one's palms, and absolutely nothing and no one in the universe has the power to bring about any good or evil on anyone. All Power and All Strength is vested in the Hands of Allah Subhanah Alone.

To believe in palmistry or any form of astrology , and to believe in the supposed 'prediction' of the star-signs, palm-reading, etc. is a form and manifestation of the heinous sin of 'shirk'; and all the believers must abstain from this abomination.

"Who ever goes to a fortune teller and asks him something and believes in his words, will have his prayer rejected for forty days."
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#221 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2013 11:43
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) asked Jibreel (Angel Gabriel): "Why is it that I never see Angel Mikaa'eel (Michael), smiling?" Jibreel replied: "Mikaa'eel has not smiled since Hell was created." (Takhreej al-'Ihyaa)

]قَالَ رَسُوْلُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لِجِبْرِيْلَ عَلَيْهِ الْسَّلَامُ: مَا لِي لَمْ أَرَ مِيْكَائِيْلَ ضَاْحِكاً قَطُّ؟ قَالَ: مَا ضَحِكَ مِيْكَائِيْلُ مُنْذُ خُلِقَتِ الْنَّارُ

From Anas ibn Maalik from the Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ that he said to Jibreel عَلَيْهِ الْسَّلَامُ, "Why is it that I have never seen Mika'il laugh at all?"

He said, "Mika'il has never laughed since the Fire was created."

Al bidaya wan nihaya
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#222 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2013 18:09
(bism1)
(salaam)
Hz Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu 'anhu narrates that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wasallam said to a person while exhorting him: "Value five things before five things overtake you:
(1) Your youth before your old age
(2) Your good health before your illness
(3) your prosperity before your poverty
(4) your free time before your preoccupation
(5) your life before your Death."
+3 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#223 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2013 18:22
(bism1)
(salaam)
Hz Abdullah ibn 'Umar radiyallahu 'anhu narrates: "That the Messenger of Allah s.a.w held me by my shoulder n said:"Live in this world as though you are a stranger or one who is crossing a road."
+3 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#224 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2013 09:50
Jubair binAbdullah رضي الله عنه related that the messenger of Allah (saw) said' upon hearing the call ( to prayer(Adhaan)), whoever says O Allah, Owner of this perfect call and Owner of this prayer to be performed, bestow upon Muhammad (saw) Al-waseelah and Al-Fadheelah
( A rank above all of creation ) and the station of praise, which You have promised him. Verily, You never fail in your promise', the intercession becomes a right for him on the Day of Resurrection'.

(Bukhaaree)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#225 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2013 15:35
Hazrah Abu Ad-Darda Ra. reported:The Prophet, peace and
blessings be upon him, said, "Whoever defends the
honor of his brother, then Allah will protect his face
from the Hellfire on the Day of Resurrection."

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 1931
+2 -0Like x 2

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?