You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Jinn, Maria al-Qibtiyya
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2015 00:14
In one battle, ‘Ali (radiya’Llahu ‘anhu) had overpowered an enemy warrior and had his dagger at the man’s throat when the man spat in his face. Immediately Hazrat ‘Ali (radiya’Llahu ‘anhu) got up, sheathed his dagger, and told the man, “Taking your life is unlawful to me. Go away.” The man was amazed, “O ‘Ali,” he asked, “I was helpless, you were about to kill me, I insulted you and you released me. Why?” “When you spat in my face,” Sayyidinah ‘Ali (radiya’Llahu ‘anhu) answered, “it aroused the anger of my ego. Had I killed you then it would not have been for the sake of Allah, but for the sake of my ego. I would have been a murderer. You are free to go.” The enemy warrior was profoundly moved by this show of great nobility and so he embraced Islam on the spot.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2015 00:27
For the Sake of Allah
By Ismahan Abdullahi

There was a time when words spoken were binding contracts; pledges held and honored, where an individual would act as a testimony to his character. Speech was not just words of folly, but rather true and honest communication between individuals. Often times we utter words heedlessly without realizing the impact it has on our hearts and in our lives, failing to comprehend the weight of what we have just spoken. We tend to abuse or misuse certain words as we throw them around, to the point where we use such words and phrases without truly understanding their meaning and the inner state of being that should come with it. Amongst these words and phrases is “for the sake of Allah” (lil Lah ta`ala).

Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) mentions in Surat As-Saf, “O you who have believed, why do you say what you do not do? Great is hatred in the sight of Allah that you say what you do not do.” (Qur’an, 61:2-3). Subhan Allah (glory be to God), let us ponder these verses for a moment. Typically, we may associate these verses with individuals who promise to do something but do not follow through, or lie in saying they have done something when they have not. However, we tend to forget that Allah سبحانه وتعالى addresses all of us when He says, “O you who have believed.” This is an admonition and a reminder for the believer which is of great benefit. Thus, when we say the words “for the Sake of Allah”, can our hearts and actions testify that we have truly acted for His Sake?

When we hear the words “for the sake of Allah”, how do we understand and interpret them? Do they even affect us? When we realize the power and depth of that phrase, it becomes the coolness of our eyes and nafs (soul). Our perception of life and the world around us changes to such a degree that you will strive to embody the lifestyle of the Prophets, the martyrs, the truthful ones and all those who follow in righteousness. We may know our true purpose is to worship Allah سبحانه وتعالى as He states in Surat al-Qaf; however, how many of us can truly say we try to live our lives for His Sake?

When we utter that beloved phrase, we are going beyond mere intonations of the voice to matters of the heart. When those words escape our lips, our hearts should tremble in recognition of the full depth of its meaning. They should flourish as words spoken of love for Him into willingness and eagerness to obey. We say those words with Allah سبحانه وتعالى in our hearts and minds. We say those words recognizing the Omnipotent King and Creator of all the worlds.

This changes our lifestyle and allows us to be men and women of God. It increases our God-consciousness, and constantly reminds us that our souls are in His Hands and the time of return is dawning upon us from every corner. The adhan (call to prayer) has been called for us at the time of our birth and its prayer, our janazah (funeral prayer), is ever close. To utter these words is to pledge again and again that we are servants of ar-Rahman (the Most Compassionate) and our deeds and actions will be the proof of the pledge we have made. Allah سبحانه وتعالى promises us that His Promises are true, and never will He disappoint anyone. Wouldn’t it be a terrible loss if it was us who broke the pledge we made with Him, missing out on His Pleasure and jannah (paradise)?

Allah سبحانه وتعالى mentions in Surat Muhammad, “So know, [O Muhammad], that there is no deity except Allah…” (Qur’an, 47:19) that is, “La ilaha ila Allah”. Allah سبحانه وتعالى uses the word “know” as opposed to “say”. To know something, you have to comprehend it, and Allah سبحانه وتعالى commands us to know that none has the right to be worshipped but Him. To know Allah is your Lord and the only One worthy of being worshipped gives you a sense of peace, guidance, and urgency to action in your life. What then of us who know the depth of the phrase “for the Sake of Allah”?

The one who knows what it truly signifies will start to live a life of true submission. When they are wronged they can forgive easily for His Sake. When they spend in charity, they do so readily. When Allah سبحانه وتعالى commands them to veer away from a sin or action, they do so without a second thought. When they see the state of their society, they become truely committed Islamic workers who benefit their community. There is no longer a struggle when it comes to the halal and the haram or the commandments of the Creator; it becomes automatic submission to His Will. “Same`na wa aTae`na—we hear and we obey.”

We say “for the Sake of Allah” because we know our goal is to live by it as it serves as a constant reminder that Allah سبحانه وتعالى is the All-Aware, the only One in charge, and that legislation belongs solely to Him. We strive to live by it as we are taught in the verse, “Say, ‘Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds.’” (Qur’an, 6:162) No hesitation whatsoever; complete and automatic submission.

There is a simple yet profound equation I learned from my sheikh that can help us get a better grasp of what it means to live your life for His Sake. “When dealing with Allah سبحانه وتعالى remove people from the equation and when dealing with people remove yourself from the equation.” Every day should be spent aiming to please Allah and not the people, for living a life for His Sake means embodying that in the state of worship you are in and the deeds you put forth and strive for. When you deal with people, you understand that you are dealing with the creation of your Lord so you give them the best and prefer them over yourself, whether it is through noble manners and character, standing up for justice and the oppressed amongst this world, giving in charity, etc. You remove any malice, jealousy, apathy, anger, insincerity and other negative emotions for His Sake because you truly recognize the dignity of your created brethren through your Creator.

You are now an individual with a purpose—seeing the world through a different lens. You have a mission to be living, doing, and speaking only for His Sake. In that, you have truly become independent. In other words, realizing that your independence comes from being dependent on Him as opposed to your own nafs or this world and what it contains.

Thus, for the one with a purpose, who has a vision and understands their mission, the outlook in this world changes. This dunya (this life) becomes a place of opportunities and a place to accumulate wealth (in the form of good deeds) for the hereafter. Every trial they come across in this world becomes an opportunity to be patient and content. Every blessing they’re given and witness around them becomes a means of being thankful and humble. Every temptation they struggle against they see it for what it is; a mirage meant to deceive and entrap their soul. You see, they strive to keep the dunya in their hands and not their hearts. They have a mission and know the amana (trust) they are carrying—for they are living for His Sake now and they are employed by Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

AlhamdulilLah (praise be to God), we are only a few months away from Ramadan. May Allah سبحانه وتعالى bless us to live through many Ramadans that bring us closer to Him. Rather than preparing as it dawns upon us in the last 10 days, let us prepare early as the sahaba (companions of the Prophet ï·º, peace be upon him) used to prepare; six months in advance! Let us set a goal now where we strive to live a life of true submission and love. Anytime we utter the words “for the Sake of Allah” let our hearts know the beauty and power behind these powerful words and let our deeds and actions attest to that phrase we uttered. We are Muslims and the true meaning of a Muslim is one who submits. May Allah سبحانه وتعالى make us of those who say that which they truly do and make us of those who when they are asked to submit, they submit completely and wholeheartedly to Him, Lord of the worlds.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2015 21:11
Before Action, Double-Check Your Intention

By Dr. Hazem Said and Maha Ezzeddine...... Source: OnIslam

“Actions are according to intentions, and every one will get what they intended. So whoever migrates for the sake of Allah and His messenger, the migration will be counted truly for Allah and His messenger. And whoever migrates for the sake of worldly increase or to marry someone, then the migration will count for whatever it was for.” (Al-Bukhari)

Each one of us lives with a purpose that shapes our life and our actions. When we take on a purpose for our life, we strive to align our actions and deeds to serve that purpose. In our search for peace with God, we first consider the purpose of our creation and our life on earth. Secondly, we consider how to align our actions to serve that purpose. When our purpose and actions are in sync, we can approach a more peaceful and meaningful existence.
Intentions are just as important as the deed itself, if not more so. Our eyes can tell us the form of an action, but only the intention determines its weight. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) urges us to make sure that our intentions are for the sake of Allah so that we do not fill our lives with hollow motions.

In this hadith, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) uses migration to highlight the importance of intentions. When you consider the sacrifices and risks an individual undertakes in migration—leaving behind property, wealth, family, and a home, it is easy to see why the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used this example. The early Muslims traveled on foot with nothing but the clothes on their back to a new city where there were no assurances of a comfortable future. However, as significant as migration is, the scale of that action matters less than its intention. It is possible for someone to undergo the tremendous effort, exhaustion, and upheaval of migration only to receive zero return on their investment compared to what could have been.

Intentions are a transformative agent in our lives.
In the same way that an admirable deed is rendered worthless without intentions, the smallest deeds can become huge. The reward for a sincere deed is limitless, and will be multiplied according to the greatness of the intention and the mercy of Allah. A deed with a good intention is like a secret between you and Allah. It is something that you can look forward to when you finally meet Him, because only He knows the work you did in your heart to make sure the intention was strong. So be sure to guard those intentions well.
Intentions are a transformative agent in our lives. The practice of constantly double-checking your intentions should become a habit. When you renew your intentions, your actions become filled with purpose. Also, there are other effects of constantly renewing intentions: you gain control over your thoughts and impulses, you develop the ability to be steadfast, you gain people’s trust due to your sincerity and lack of hidden motives, and you rest assured that even when you make mistakes or things do not turn out as expected, the reward is secured due to purity of intention.

Pure intentions bring about internal and external peace.
Imagine a community where the internal substance of actions was unimportant and intentions were simply not taken into consideration. Every word and every action would make us wonder anxiously, “What did they mean by that? How should I respond?” There would be hidden motives behind every word and action, and it would be up to every individual to guess what the implicit meanings were. People would become frustrated when, despite the best of intentions, things didn’t turn out for the best. Actions would have no lasting effect on the soul, because they would not require a presence of mind and heart and could have been performed automatically.
Pure intentions bring about internal and external peace: peace from doubting, suspicion, and anxiety; peace in our relationship with Allah; and peace from being devastated by unexpected results. Working towards Allah-focused intentions is the first step to creating peace in our relationships and community. Most importantly, pure intentions lead to a sense of peace with Allah. Intention helps us stay connected at all times with our life’s purpose. If our intentions were good from the start, we can trust in Allah that he will count our efforts and accept our best attempt. Every day, we can gain ground in our race to Allah simply by checking in on our hearts.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2015 21:50
The Following was written by Julaybib @ Sunniforum

The Power Of intention.

Recently I was reading about the achievements and accomplishments of
Shaykh Dr. Hussain Abdul Sattar. What fascinated me was how much he has managed too achieve and accomplish in such a short period of time, in both Academic and deeni fields and all before the age of 40. He has studied medicine become a surgeon and is now a professor teaching pathology.During the same period he has spent several years studying in both Pakistan, and Syria and has qualified as a religious scholar he is also a Shaykh of tazkiyah. And he travels all over the world lecturing on Islam and medicine.

Whilst I was pondering on where the Shaykh got his energy and time too make such great strides in such a short period of time...My mind transported me back to 1998, and I remembered listening to Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq (db) he said something along the lines of (and I am quoting from memory) "Its not important as to what you want to achieve or study, what is important is why you want to achieve and study the things you do, the the power and barakah lies, with the intention, are your intentions for the sake of Allah or for something else...!"

Well I had heard Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq (db) speak all those years ago, but it had taken me 15 years to understand. And it made me realise the reason why Shaykh Dr. Hussain Abdul Sattar (db) has been able to accomplish so much is because of his intention. When an individual undertakes any effort for the sake of Allah, then he is supported in all his endeavours by the grace of Allah. The power is in the intention!

To further emphasise this I was reading yesterday a small booklet "Dying and living for Allah," It is the last will and testament of Ustadh Khurram Murrad

Ustadh Khurram Murrad is one of the pioneers as far as dawah and deeni efforts go in the U.K. he was one of those few individuals who had the foresight way back in the early 1970's to realise that more work and focus needed to be given to the muslim youth especially in universities, and that the religious teachings needed to be made available to them in the English language. For those of you who are quite young you might not realise that religious gatherings in English and availability of books in English, were very rare prior to the 1990s.

I think it would be fair to say that an entire generation who grew up in the 1970's and 1980's owe some debt of gratitude to Ustadh Khurram Murrad amongst others. What is remarkable about Khurram Murrad is that in 1966 at the very young age of 34 he suffered a massive heart attack and over the subsequent decades he suffered I believe five further heart attacks, had heart bypass operations, open heart surgery several times and spent time in various intensive care units.

Despite his ill health from a fairly young age, and the stresses of raising a young family in a foreign land, he was able to write many books and articles, deliver hundreds of lectures, and spent countless hours in trying to inspire the youth. He did not allow his ill health to dim his energy or enthusiasm, he passed away in 1996 thirty years after suffering his intiall heart attack. The Power behind his accomplishments was the intention. Interestingly his Last will and testament, is called, " Dying and living for Allah," rather then "Living and Dying for Allah."

The Point

My point was to highlight that even in contemporary times, if an individual regardless of background, puts his trust in Allah and makes every intention for his sake, whether it is in regards to studies, in careers, religious efforts, marriage, upbringing of children. Then Allah will help him climb over insurmountable mountains, and find a way out of every difficulty.

Make every intention for the sake of Allah and Allah will be your protector and guide at all times and in all situations...even if you are doing the everyday mundane things such as shopping, cleaning the house, or visiting relatives, make an intention for Allah. you will be amazed by The Power and Barakah that will come in to your life.

May Allah gives us all the tawfiq to practice what we learn especially a hypocrite and sinner like me ameen.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2015 20:34
Allaah ‘azza wa jall accepts only those Deeds which are both Correct and Sincere (pure) – Al-Fudayl b. ‘Ayyâd

Al-Fudayl b. ‘Ayyâd [187H] – Allah have mercy on him – said:

“Allah ‘azza wa jalla accepts only those deeds which are both correct and sincere (pure). If the deed is done correctly but not sincerely, it will not be accepted. And if it is sincere but not correct, it will not be accepted.”

He was asked, “Abû ‘Alî! What is the sincere and correct deed?” He replied,
“The sincere deed is one that is done only for Allah ‘azza wa jall. And the correct deed is one done according to the Sunnah.”

Abû Nu’aym, Hilyah Al-Awliyâ` Vol.8 p95.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2015 21:15
[QUOTE=Julaybib;]

Only For The Sake Of Allah.

As Salaam Alaykum.

Although I have relayed the following anecdote elsewhere, considering it is not only a great reminder, it also Shows the Greatness of Hazrat Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (RA) I shall repeat it.

It is related that Abu Qahafah, Hazrat Abu Bakrs father, (Who was not yet a muslim) told his son:

" O my son I see you are spending your wealth in freeing weak slaves. Why don't you instead spend your wealth in winning powerful men who can help you and protect you?"

Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) replied: " O my father I am doing what I am doing only for the sake of Allah."

* Source Bilal Ibn Rabah (RA) author Muhammad Abdul Rauf.

Something to reflect:

Is it not a case that majority of our efforts are directed at winning power and prestige. Also fame and praise amongst others how many of our acts are done
purely for the sake of Allah. Even when we do something good we feel the need to boast about it. We give a few dollars in charity we publicise it everywhere, even when we help our own relatives or friends we boast about it.

" So and so came to me for help and I assisted him, someone came to stay at my house as a guest and I prepared a special meal for him."

For the sake of showing off we end up losing the reward that we may have gained.

Let us remember the words of Hazrat Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (RA) " I am doing what I am doing only for the sake of Allah ." Not for fame, not for prestige, not to win over friends, not to earn praise from others, not for pride, not to boast.
Purely for the sake of Allah.

May Allah Give us all the tawfiq to follow the example of
Hazrat Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (RA) ameen.[/QUOTE]
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2015 21:31
“What is not done by the permission of Allah won't happen, & what isn't done for the sake of Allah won't benefit or remain.” — Ibn Taymiyyah (RA)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 9th July 2016 16:09
No post ratings