Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Boko Haram unrest: Nigerian militants 'kidnap 200 villagers'

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2014 20:58
Assalamua'laikum

Why cant true muslims form a group to fight these terrorists ?

News: 18th Dec 2014

'Wives and daughters' taken

A vigilante group that had protected the village from previous attacks was overpowered by the militants, AFP reported.

"After killing our youths, the insurgents have taken away our wives and daughters," a resident who fled to Maiduguri was quoted as saying.

In Cameroon, the army said vehicles from its elite battalion had been caught in an ambush on Wednesday.

"At the same time... the Amchide military base was attacked by hundreds of fighters from the sect, but the response from our defence forces was instant and appropriate," the army said, according to AFP.

One Cameroonian soldier was killed and an officer is missing, it added.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th December 2014 11:17
Quote:
Why cant true muslims form a group to fight these terrorists ?

Good question brother.

Ummah today is completely scattered and subservient to the interests of detractors of Islam.
The control is mostly exercised by the west but there are internal wested interests too.
We are thoroughly and completely neutralized at social, cultural, economic, business, financial, political and military sectors.
Hence our emancipation is not coming from any of these directions.

You are wondering why solution to our problems is not coming from military direction.
You would like some sort of military action against people indulging in Islam defaming activity like above.
But the caveat is that these were the very people who sort of took upon themselves the onus to liberate Islam and Muslims from the disgrace into which we have fallen. Without much fear of contradiction we can assume that these were the groups from which we could have hoped for the solutions to our problems as an Ummah. Resurrection of this group itself was a difficult thing for some how we as an Ummah forgot our collective duty.

Thus your question amounts to the rise of another group that would take care of the interests of of the Ummah.
That certainly will be desirable but a the moment we see no signs of such a group rising up to the occasion.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th December 2014 11:57
Maripat wrote:
View original post

What if I am the first member and you are the second. Then we start inviting others ?

We cant sit idle and just keep on watching and crying for our self.

Regards
Abdul
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2014 06:47
abdulquddus wrote:
View original post

Your suggestion is heart warming, ya akhi.
May Allah (SWT) reward you amply for your sentiments.
I hazard a further conjecture.
Majority of MS and even bigger majority of SF would be in favour of doing something because we share our views to a very large extant.
But this sinner is not entirely decided about the course of action.
There is a need to act on all fronts - social, economic, political and others.
It is like restructuring Ummah once again from the scratch.
Though a gigantic task but luckily we are responsible only for our own actions.
And remember what Allah (SWT) told Hazrat Ibrahim (AS): You give the prayer call in the wilderness and do not bother about who will hear it.
But at the moment I have nothing concrete on my mind. All i am doing is to make sense of the complex reality around us using the framework of Islam. Sort of Armchair Activism. This sinner does not have a good grip on ground level pragmatic action. But in case I gather courage to get down to do some real work I shall, Lord Most High willing, remember you. Till then relax and enoy as much as Allah (SWT) gives you the opportunity.

+2 -0Winner x 1