Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Wuqoof e Qalbi (Vigilance of the Heart)

You have contributed 15.4% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Naqshband66, the fake shaykh, ummi taalib, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Arslan., Muadh_Khan, samah, kanzoorbhai, Abdullah1, bint e aisha, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2014 07:18
Quote:
Magar zehan ke peeche.. kisi aur hi sateh pe kahin..
Jaise chupchaap barasta hai tasavvur tera....

But in the back drop of mind.. somewhere..
on a different level altogather..

Allahu Akbar!
Allahu Akbar

What a killer couplet.
I might end up in a state of Wajd.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2014 09:45
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Naqshbandi-Mujaddidi RULEZ!

This statement could easily be regarded as incitement to a major war of the silsilas..but Alhamdulillah for the teachings of the mashaikh.....and anyway we too have a connection to the Naqshbandi silsilah

definitely interesting reading...the beautiful words used by dr sahib in reply to my question makes one come out in an ajeeb state! MashaAllah!

It certainly makes captivating reading which is why I did follow the SF discussions even though I didnt always understand. In the end after something someone said in those discussions, the thought occurred (and it would be good if this is verified as it was just my thought) that all these in depth discussions, the various methods and various effects were all leading to the same thing....Allah! Allah! Allah! The various methods were all to develop Allah consciousness, attaining His closeness and His pleasure....and this ultimately brings us to the hadith of Jabrail, developing Ihsaan....

dr sahib's words:

Quote:
but the objective of Yad dasht ie, awareness of Allah سبحانه وتعالى at all times

Can be a methodology of a particular silsila, a particular method of dhikr, an incident, a moment of reflection, all a means when Allah ta'ala blesses one with His recognition and love...maybe what I'm saying makes sense? then again maybe not, just ramblings....

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2014 17:12
Guest-187018 wrote:
View original post

Yes.. indeed Sir, its very interesting to explore this power house.. its something more subtle and addressed to in the Qur'an repeatedly..as it is the one entrusted with responsibility..the learned,the preceptor, the hearer, the beholder, and the reckoner. with regard to the body, its relationship is that of prudence and command, ie, it acts as the planner as well as the executive. The ears gain information for it and the tongue acts as the spokesman.

By Wuqoof e Qalbi we strive towards what Allah سبحانه وتعالى praised in the Qur'an :

By the men whom no trade or sale makes neglectful of the remembrance of Allah (Surah Nur:37)

duas..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2014 17:33
Guest-187018 wrote:
View original post

Yes Sir, the latifa Qalb what u are pointing towards is a subtle entity which when tuned through Zikr, becomes Zakir..

In the words of Hazrat Shaikh Zulfiqar Naqshbandi sahab (db):

" If a person regularly and abundantly engages in dhikr a time comes when his heart becomes jaari (set in motion). What is meant by the heart becoming jaari? This has several meanings.

One is that a person experiences a movement in his heart. Just as we may feel a muscle in our body quiver at times, the heart muscle of a person also gains some movement because of dhikr. His heart experiences intense attention towards the name of Allah سبحانه وتعالى. It is important to distinguish between the regular palpitation of the heart and the heart being jaari.

The beating of the heart is the pumping of blood seventy to eighty times a minute, but movement due to abundant dhikr is two to three times faster than the beating of the heart and is experienced as a delightful tickling in the heart. This is referred to as taharruk (movement) which soon after transforms into tazakkur (remembrance) where the person actually perceives his heart calling out the name of Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

The heart is the control center of the body and the limbs respond to the decisions that the heart processes. Hence the limbs will act righteously only if the heart is pure and vice versa. Consequently some elders have said that the heart becoming jaari means that the commands of the righteous heart are accepted by every other part of the body and thus the body becomes subservient to such a heart. Another opinion is that a heart becomes jaari when a person's body begins to obey the commands of Allah سبحانه وتعالى, the shariah.

If a person thinks that his heart is jaari he should see if he is obeying the commandments of Allah سبحانه وتعالى. It is a blessing if he is, but if not, then what is the use of dhikr if it does not take one towards the inculcation of the sunnah of the Prophet (saw) ? These blessings are attained with muraqabah and and we should try to perform dhikr abundantly so that Allah سبحانه وتعالى will bless us with His favors."

Source

guest wrote:
Is this 'process of Tuning' called TASAWWUF ?

Tasawwuf = Tasfia (Polishing) of Qalb by Zikr + Tazkiya of Nafs ( by putting the bridle of Shari'ah upon it).

wa Assalam..

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2014 17:46
+1 -0Like x 1
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2014 19:31
Yes,Dr sb...read the post of Muad khan sb...interesting !

Can one do it on his own ? I mean silent Dhikr seems pretty easy,I tried it a few minutes ago.I intend to keep doing it,inshaAllah.
Please pray for me...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2014 09:52
Guest-187018 wrote:
View original post

Permission of a Shaikh is Required.. one may or may not be bayat to the shaikh.

1. The words of Hazrat Shaikh Zulfiqar Naqshbandi (db) which can be read here.

2. Hazrat Shaikh Mufti Kamaluddin sahab (db) answering questions posed by colonel sahab. Link.

Request duas..

wa Assalam.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 10:51
السلام عليكم

Hazrat Shaikh Zulfiqar Naqshbandi (db) on Wuqoof e Qalbi:

Question 2: What exactly is Wuquf-e-Qalbi and should one’s heart resound with the Name of Allah subhanahu wa'tala or not?

Answer: No, one’s heart does not have to repeat the Name of Allah subhanahu wa'tala but one should be conscious toward Allah subhanahu wa'tala and His Omniscience. For example, two brothers leave the house in the morning; Brother A to his office and Brother B for an important court date in which he is the defendant.

Despite carrying on with his work load at the office, Brother A will be preoccupied with thoughts of his brother and the process and outcome of the court case. He checks his mail in the morning, interacts with whoever he needs to in the office, but his thoughts are elsewhere. When the two brothers meet at the end of the day, Brother A says that Brother B was in his heart and mind all day.

In exactly the same way, the believer takes care of his worldly duties throughout the day but his heart and mind remain connected with Allah subhanahu wa'tala. The lover thinks of his beloved not just one time during the day, but hundreds of times during the day.

In the same way, the believer will be preoccupied with thoughts of Allah subhanahu wa'tala if love for Allah subhanahu wa'tala enters the heart. Focusing the heart and mind upon Allah subhanahu wa'tala throughout the day is called Wuquf-e-Qalbi.

Source
No post ratings
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 11:39
dr76 wrote:
View original post
Just one quick (but important) question on this: Will this not be detrimental to one's school/job performance? When having something else on the mind, many people don't accomplish others tasks as they are ought to be. I'm sure the idea behind it is not to hinder people from excelling in studies or career. Also, did you ever speak to someone who's mind is absent or engaged in something else? It's quite disappointing, imagine now the mother talking to her son, who's engaged in Wuquf Qalbi and clearly does not pay full attention. I know the Ayah, that describes certain men their business and trade does not prevent them from the Zikr of Allah, is used. But did Sayyiduna 'Abdullah ibn Masud (radhiallaho anhu) not say this Ayah speaks about the Sahabah, that they would join Salah in Jama'at regardless of their occupation? I'm sure this doubt is based on my misunderstanding of the concept, so I hope you can clear it for me Doc sahab.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 11:59
True Life wrote:
View original post

Should have a reverse effect. Pir zulfiqar's mureeds and khulafah are the most educated people you will ever meet.
+1 -0Like x 1
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 12:35
It gives life purpose and meaning such that everything you do, you recognize as ibaadah and do it with intention insha'Allah.

(1) Given what preoccupies the minds of youth these days, insha'Allah mothers would be happy to see their children's eyes glazed over with love for Allah Ta'aala, a mind preoccupied with dhikr. But that's not the point.
(2) When the heart is in conscious and constant dhikr and everything is recognized as ibaadah to the One, then the mother's words take on a whole new meaning - they are too precious at that point to do anything but pay full attention to.
+0 -0Like x 3Winner x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 13:00

True Life wrote:
View original post

I asked the very same question to a Maulana who is Naqshbandi-Mujaddadi and he replied:

The essence of Tassawuff is to follow Sunnah so during Salah you don’t perform Murqabah at all, rather you consult with the Ulama and follow what the Sharia desires of you during Salah. Shaytaan will affect you and during Salah (for beginners) they get such strong connection (and success) during Salah that they want to practise Murqabah; know that this is a trick of Shaytaan. Obedience of Allah (SWT) and Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) is what is required not feelings and concentrations.

Overtime Wuqoof-e-Qalbi becomes second nature to a person (in or out of Salah) then your heart is inclined towards Allah (SWT) without even trying. Maulana said that for a beginner this is a very difficult concept to fathom. Wuqoof-e-Qalbi eventually becomes “Auto-Pilot” and the person remains engaged in affairs of the Dunya and no attention or manual intervention is required. Sometimes a slight (split second) attention is required like if your car has good tracking and Cruise Control you can drive one end of the Autobahn to another without much intervention (except for occasional course correction). The driver talks to the passengers, changes the CD, gets a drink but just keeps a watchful eye on the car (that’s all).

A beginner on the Autobahn is absolutely petrified he actively tries to control every aspect of the car (speed, direction etc) and CANNOT afford even a momentary lapse of concentration; even shifting gears requires his attention.

Advanced drivers shift gears without even thinking in the middle of the most intense conversation and debate with passengers, do they have to STOP and LOOK DOWN as to where to shift the gear?

Overtime a person has no need to exert effort or attention (just occasional) course correction.

In the end Maulana said, "Wuqoof-e-Qalbi is done not talked about and unless and until a person goes through these stages they won't understand it!"

+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 13:11
^ Subhan Allah.. excellent explanation..
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 13:39
True Life wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

True Life wrote:
Just one quick (but important) question on this: Will this not be detrimental to one's school/job performance? When having something else on the mind, many people don't accomplish others tasks as they are ought to be. I'm sure the idea behind it is not to hinder people from excelling in studies or career.[/quote]

The idea is to make them more vigilant.. attaching it with a purpose and Niyyah..

A medical student is no longer just a passive observer with Wuqoof e Qalbi.. He sees the marvel of Allah سبحانه وتعالى while he studies.. rectifies his Niyyah that he shall serve humanity for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى..

Makes the Niyyah of visiting the sick and remembers its rewards.. virtue and pleasure for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى..

His vigilance is improved now that he is now learning not just to earn a few coins..but for the larger sake of His سبحانه وتعالى pleasure ie, to serve Humanity.. His love for the subject shall increase now.. excelling him..

Similarly, the one at office will rectify his Niyyah that he is acting on the commands of Allah سبحانه وتعالى to feed his family i.e, for the pleasure of Allah سبحانه وتعالى carrying great rewards..

He shall not derelict away from duty now.. Neither shall he cheat.. but remain attentive since his work is for Allah سبحانه وتعالى and shall excel in it bringing praise for Muslims and Islam. Also knowing at the back of his mind that he is doing it as a Sunnah of Nabi (saw) to pursue a profession..and earn Halal..

So now the one at office and school shall only excel in their performance since their outlook now is not just for this world but beyond..

True Life wrote:
It's quite disappointing, imagine now the mother talking to her son, who's engaged in Wuquf Qalbi and clearly does not pay full attention.

The son shall be more obedient of his mother now.. knowing well that the pleasure of Allah سبحانه وتعالى lies in obedience to his mother and is ever mindful of her rights than before..

[quote]I know the Ayah, that describes certain men their business and trade does not prevent them from the Zikr of Allah, is used. But did Sayyiduna 'Abdullah ibn Masud (radhiallaho anhu) not say this Ayah speaks about the Sahabah, that they would join Salah in Jama'at regardless of their occupation?

Imam Qurtubi رحمة الله عليه says this ayah was revealed in the praise of two Sahabas رضي الله عنهم one who was a blacksmith and the other a trader who rushed for prayers when the Azan was called.. leaving everything aside..( as mentioned in Ma'ariful Qur'an,Surah Nur;P:442)

it also Mentions:

duas..

wa Assalam..
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 15:14
I will Insha'Allah blog about Russian Military experience with Muraqabah, Tai'Chi and other sensations which you can easily master and how it is different to Tassawuff.

In my younger days I did consult a lot of Ulama and studied the overlap between energy systems and Tassawuff (stupidly thinking) that they are the same.

You can develop Chi, have feelings, observe colors, relax, dream (or not dream) with practice but all of this has NOTHING to do with Tassawuff at all.

Non-Muslims and those who are not steadfast on the Sunnah emphasize on these points because you can "feel" these things. I will Insha'Allah put some simple exercise for people to "feel" things and then KNOW that this is NOT Tassawuff!

+1 -0Like x 1