Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Special Course for Ramadhan 2014

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Jinn, Arslan., abu mohammed, the fake shaykh, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Seifeddine-M, member2
3 guests appreciate this topic.
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2014 23:59
Starts 1st Ramadhan 1435
Ends 29/30th Ramadhan 1435

Course fee: FREE

Venue: Wherever you are

Certificate: Degree of forgiveness
Future: This course will enable one to continue in the same profession after the course ends.

Daily tasks:
Recite 1 Juzz with proper Tajweed - no Ferraris. Approx 5 Ruku' after each Salah
Minimum 100 Durood per day - no need to count, just make a habit of it and it'll be in hundreds if not thousands
Sit at least 5 minutes before Iftaar and ask for forgiveness
Less time on this forum and on the internet in general
Taraweeh at the Masjid for males and at home for females

That's it. It's easy for some and difficult for others.

عن كعب بن عجرة قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم : احضروا المنبر فحضرنا فلما ارتقى درجة قال : آمين فلما ارتقى الدرجة الثانية قال : آمين فلما ارتقى الدرجة الثالثة قال : آمينفلما نزل قلنا يا رسول الله لقد سمعنا منك اليوم شيئا ما كنا نسمعه قال : إن جبريل عليه الصلاة و السلام عرض لي فقال : بعدا لمن أدرك رمضان فلم يغفر له قلت آمين فلما رقيت الثانية قال بعدا لمن ذكرت عنده فلم يصلي عليك قلت آمين فلما رقيت الثالثة قال بعدا لمن أدرك أبواه الكبر عنده فلم يدخلاه الجنة قلت آمين

Ka'b bin Ujrah relates that Rasulullah (saw) said, "Come near to the pulpit". And we came near to the pulpit. When he ascended the first step he said "Aameen". When he ascended the second step he said, "Aameen". When he ascended the third step he said, "Aameen".

When he descended we said, "0 Messenger of Allah, we have heard from you something today which we had never heard before".

He said, When I ascended the first step, Jibraeel (A.S.) appeared before me and said, "Woe unto him who found the blessed month of Ramadhaan and did not gain forgiveness", Upon that I said, "Aameen".

When I ascended the second step, he said "Woe unto him before whom thy name is mentioned and then does not send Durood onto you". I replied "Aameen".

When I ascended the third step he said, "Woe unto the person in whose presence both parents or one of them attain old age, and (through failure to serve them) is not allowed to enter Jannah" I said "Aameen".

------------
I will update this thread daily inshaAllah
report post quote code quick quote reply
+10 -0Like x 3Winner x 6Creative x 1
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 29th June 2014 03:54

Durood

إنَّ اللهَ وَمَلَئِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّوْنَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِيْنَ آمَنُوْا صَلُّوْا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوْا تَسْلِيْمًا

Surely, Allah and His angels send blessings to the Prophet. O you who believe, pray to Allah to bless him, and send your Salaam (prayer for his being in peace) to him in abundance.. (33:56)

Three key things:

1. Allah has commanded many duties such as Salah, fasting, hajj etc along with many favours granted to prophets and ordering the angels to bow to his creation, Adam (as). However, nowhere has He stated that Allah also participated in the act.

This command is the only one that Allah سبحانه وتعالى Himself takes part in.

2. The verse starts with "inna" adding emphasis and importance.

3. "Yusalloona" is "present and future" tense. This denotes continuity and establishes that Allah and His angels are always sending Durood and Salaam to the greatest of all Prophets.

Virtues & Ettiquesttes Of Durood Sharif
Imam Shafi'ee's (RA) Unique Durood
+9 -0Like x 6Winner x 1
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2014 03:33

Something interesting on Fasting

In the 1930's, a study was performed where a worm was isolated and put on a cycle of fasting and feeding (intervals with that of day and night). The isolated worm outlasted its relatives by 19 generations while still maintaining its youthful physiological traits. The worm was able to survive on its own tissues for months (this is the process where the body uses its own fats to produce the energy required by the body). Once the size of the worm began to decrease, the scientists would resume feeding it at which point it showed great vigour and energy. The life-span extension of theme worms was the equivalent of keeping a human alive for 600-700 years.

Please note that "youthful", categorically means "healthy" and we are well aware that time of death is written.

Continuing... In addition to the Human Growth Hormone that is released more frequently during a fast, an anti-ageing hormone is also produced more efficiently. The entire world is trying to fight ageing with creams, lasers and surgeries yet our Deen has provided it without asking.

Previous nations lived for hundreds of years. Nooh (AS) is known to have lived for at least 1050 years. Muslims then had the opportunity to worship and earn rewards for hundreds of years. We have 50-70 years.

However, we have Ramadhan where rewards are multiplied and in which there's a night better than a thousand months. If we found Laylatul Qadr year after year and averaged 50 years of Ramadhans then that's equivalent to 4,165 years. We can never complain that we didn't get the chance. This Ummah has got more than any nation prior to it.

So fast for the accumulation of good deeds and not for living longer and looking younger. The fast is spiritually and scientifically proven to take care of you if you take care of the fast.

-----------
Some reading material on fasting from Seifeddine-M's blog

Ahadeeth from Riyadh-as-Saliheen from MuslimahK1's blog
+4 -0
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2014 21:17
A little later than expected but thought I'd add something for today (Day 3). It's a very simple concept which probably passes many of us when we ask from Allah.

A child wants to ask something from his parents. His room's a mess, he's unclean himself, he hasn't been good. And he asks by calling aloud with complaining or whining or even begging. How likely is it that it would be fulfilled?

Now if a child cleans himself, makes a pleasant appearance and calls the parents as a direct one to one interaction, followed by praising the parents and counting the blessings of the parents onto the child and then the child asks for something, how much more likely is that to be accepted?

People claim they make Du'aa, they beg to Allah and plead but what is our state when asking?

The Takbeer Tahrima at the commencing of Salaah is the direct connection to Allah. We have Wudhu. We're dressed appropriately and we start by praising him. Surah Fatihah is the most comprehensive Du'aa imaginable and beyond our understanding.

The best form of Du'aa is Surah Fatihah in Salah. Thousands say Ameen when read in congregation. This is the best form of Ijtima'ee Duaa (Congregational prayer)

Nabi (s.a.w) said, "By Him in whose dominion is my soul, nothing like it (Surah Fatihah) has been revealed in the Torah, Injeel, Zaboor, or the (the rest of the) Qur'aan and it is seven of the oft-repeated verses in the Mighty Qur'aan which I have been given."

When someone said to Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that we remain behind the Imaam, he replied, "Recite it inwardly," for he had heard Allah's Messenger (s.a.w) declare that Allah Most High had said, "I have divided the prayer into two halves between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks."

When the servant says, 'Praise be to Allah Lord of the Universe.' (Alhmdulillahi Rabbil 'Aalameen)
Allah most high says, 'My servant has praised Me.'

When he says, 'The Compassionate the Merciful.' (Ar-rahman Ar-raheem_
Allah most high says, 'My servant has lauded Me.'

When he says, 'Possessor of the Day of Judgement.' (Maaliki Yawmid-Deen)
He says, 'My servant has glorified me,'

When he says, 'Thee do we worship and of Thee do we ask help.' (Iyyaka na'budu wa iyyaaka nasta'een)
He says, 'This is between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks.'

Then when he says, 'Guide us in the straight path, the path of those whom thou hast favoured; not of those with whom Thou art angry nor of those who go astray.' (ihdinas siraat al mustaqeen... to the end of Surah)
He says, 'This is for My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks."

Some more from Seifeddine-M's blog
+6 -0Like x 2Winner x 4
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2014 03:55
Quote:
I will update this thread daily inshaAllah

It wasn't meant to be. We should all appreciate every second that the local scholars at the Masjid give us in Ramadhan. It's not easy with so many responsibilities and only those that Allah chooses can give time to the Ummah. We take them for granted which I'm sure everyone notices.

Ramadhan

11 Islamic months in the calendar were named by humans. 1 month however is a chosen name by Allah سبحانه وتعالى for our Ummah alone.

شَہۡرُ رَمَضَانَ ٱلَّذِىٓ أُنزِلَ فِيهِ ٱلۡقُرۡءَانُ
The month of Ramadhan in which the Qur'aan was revealed (Surah Baqarah 185)
+4 -0Like x 4