Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Jinn, abu mohammed, the fake shaykh
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 11:16
Assalaamu 'Alaykum

I hope to share updates of articles written by Mawlana Sulayman Kindi on his blog and hope for fruitful discussions therefrom.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 11:20

Slander Against Abu Sufyaan

Mail sent to me:

Here is a post of a XXXXX scholar – XXXXXX- who is both provocative and controversial. He denies being Shi’i or Zaydi:

“KNOW YOUR HISTORY: The night before the Conquest of Makkah, the leader of the Kuffar of Quraysh, head of the Umayyad Clan and chief enemy of Islam Abu-Sufyan was brought to the Tent of the Prophet (SAW) under the protection of al-Abbas (RA). When Umar (RA) saw him, he continuously tried to kill him, but the Prophet (SAW) prevented Umar (RA) from that due to the protection granted by his uncle al-Abbas (RA). Thereafter, the Prophet said to Abu-Sufyan: “Isn’t it high time you testified that there is no God but Allah?”. Abu-Sufyan replied: “I guessed if there was another God, he would have helped me by now!”. Then the Prophet (SAW) said: “Isn’t it high time you testified that I am the Messenger of Allah?”. Abu-Sufyan replied: “My heart is still doubtful of that”. Then al-Abbas (RA) looked at Abu-Sufyan and said: “WOE UNTO YOU! TESTIFY OR I WILL CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF”. So Abu-Sufyan proclaimed the Shahadah.” (سيرة ابن هشام و تاريخ الطبري و سيرة ابن كثير)

And here are comments from him on this post:

“The Prophet (SAW) considered Abu-Sufyan and his sons amongst the Mu’allafati Qulubuhum i.e. “Those new converts who hearts must still be SOFTENED TOWARDS ISLAM”!!! This was obvious as he had NOT accepted Islam by his free-will but due to fear. Thats why they were given lots of MONEY after Hunayn but the proper Sahabah were not given anything or very little (they didnt care about Dunya in any case). His wife Hind cursed him when she heard he had recited the Kalimah. The Prophet (SAW) then made her blood Halal, even if she was next to the Kabah. SO she ran away, and then later on entered Islam in a devious manner, in order to save her life. Anyways, after the Batte of Hunayn, the Prophet (SAW) did not take Abu-Sufyan with in the Battle of Tabuk. He was left in Makkah. Ulama mention that the reason the Prophet (SAW) left Ali (and not others like he would normally do) in Medina was to safeguard Medina if Abu-Sufyan decides to attack it.”

“I dont consider Abu-Sufyan and outright Munafiq. I believe he eventually realized that his beloved Kufr Days were over and that Arabia was never going to return to Shirk. For this reason, the Prophet (SAW) send Khalid bin al-Waleed WITH ABU-SUFYAN to demolish the Idol of al-Lat, after the people of Taif had accepted Islam. However, he continued to seek power and fame. Tribalism remained his motive, and was inherited by his family. We don’t see much of Abu-Sufyan after that except that he came to the Prophet (SAW) saying: ‘Your SAHABAH dislike me and my family, so please give us some position so that we may retain our respect’. Then he requested that the Prophet (SAW) use his son Muawiyah as a writer as he knew how to read and write. So the Nabi (SAW) used Muawiyah to write some letters, though NOTHING of the Qur’an. The Qur’an was primarily written by ALI (who was the actual writer of the Prophet), and Ubayy and Zaid bin Thabit, among other seniors.”

“After the death of the Prophet (SAW), we see Abu-Sufyan coming to Ali (RA) and condemning the Khilafah of Abu-Bakr (RA) and ridiculing it. In fact, he promised Ali that he will fill Madina with the men and horses of Quraysh to uproot the lowly Abu-Bakr and appoint Ali. But ALI rebuked Abu-Sufyan and chased him out saying: “You REMAIN an enemy of Islam. We are satisfied with Abu-Bakr”!!!”

“One cannot compare Sayyidna Umar (RA) with people like Abu-Sufyan. Firstly, Umar accepted Islam willingly and when there was NO WORLDY BENEFIT in accepting Islam. Secondly, Umar spent years defending Rasul-Allah (SAW). Abu-Sufyan did nothing of the sort. Thirdly, Umar is praised in Quran as from the Sabiqun, and in many Ahadith by name, while Abu-Sufyan is from the Mu’allafah and never praised by the Rasul (SAW). He was not from the Sabiqun or Muajirun or Ansar (but was thier arch enemy). In fact, in the terminology of the Salaf, he wasn’t even from the Sahabah. The Sahabah never used the term “Sahabi” for people like Abu-Sufyan.”

“Our problem today is that, under a highly exaggerated, distorted and even un-Quranic perception of “Suhbah and Sahabah” we are treating Abu-Sufyan as equal to Abu-Bakr, Muawiyah as equal to Ali, Yazid as equal to Husayn…etc. One MUST distinguish between those who are called “Sahabah” simply due to being part of that generation, and those who are the Actual Sahabah, praised in Quran and Hadith. To use Ayat revealed in praise of the actual Sahabah as in praise of Abu-Sufyan is utterly RIDICULOUS because when those Ayat were revealed Abu-Sufyan was still a Kafir FIGHTING THOSE VERY SAHABAH who the Ayah was praising!”

Any comment,

My Reply:

wa alaykumus salām

Whether this person is Rāfiḍī or not, his style is the same. Mix one lie and distortion with many truths and the entire truth becomes a lie. Our friends of the Wake Up Project follow the same blueprint. If we refer to Ibn Hishām (Allāh’s mercy be upon him)whom he supposedly references, the section he CAPS locks actually reads:

، فلما رآه رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال : ويحك يا أبا سفيان ، ألم يأن لك أن تعلم أنه لا إله إلا الله ؟ قال : بأبي أنت وأمي ما أحلمك وأكرمك وأوصلك ، والله لقد ظننت أن لو كان مع الله إله غيره لقد أغنى عني شيئا بعد ، قال : ويحك يا أبا سفيان ألم يأن لك أن تعلم أني رسول الله قال : بأبي أنت وأمي ، ما أحلمك وأكرمك وأوصلك أما هذه والله فإن في النفس منها حتى الآن شيئا . فقال له العباس : ويحك أسلم واشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدا رسول الله قبل أن تضرب عنقك

When Allāh’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم saw him he said, “Woe unto you Abū Sufyān!” Has the time not yet come for you to know that there is no god but Allāh?” [Abū Sufyān] replied, “May my father and mother be sacrificed for you. How forbearing you are! How noble you are! How you maintain ties of kinship! By Allāh! It has already occurred to me that were there a god besides Allāh he would have helped me by now.”

[Allāh’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم ] said, “Woe unto you Abū Sufyān!” Has the time not yet come for you to know that I am Allah’s Messenger?”

[Abū Sufyān] replied, “May my father and mother be sacrificed for you. How forbearing you are! How noble you are! How you maintain ties of kinship! As for this, by Allah, there remains something in me until now.”

Al-‘Abbās then said to him, “Woe unto you! Accept Islām and testify that there is no god besides Allāh and that Muḥammad is Allāh’s Messenger, lest your neck is struck!”

Continue reading: kindi313.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/slander-against-abu-suf...

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 11:34
afriki_haqq wrote:
View original post

Bro afriki haqq do you know who was teh original person who wrote this? I have a feeling as to who it is because it is very similar to the person's style.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 11:42
london786 wrote:
View original post

Yes I know and I did follow the original discussion which occurred on Facebook. I do not know if I should reveal the name here as Mawlana has not revealed the name? The original quote is but a short snippet of many similar comments made by the individual on similar topics...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 20:53
Assalamu 'alaykum,

The mawlana is from a few ones who tackle current issues in an un-orthodox and fresh viewpoint.
When you feel you gained from his writings, do leave him a comment on his blog or on his twitter. That motivates people in their good actions and creates brotherhood.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2014 08:24

Islamic State & Khilafah – Allah does not need pious instruments

Q: would it be too much for me to ask you for a blog post on the Islamic State and this establishment of the caliphate?

My reply:

Khilāfah [Caliphate] was established from the beginning of Islām, so it is nothing novel, but yes it is novel to our era. We have completed a full 9 decades of the first time in the history of Islām when the world has not seen Khilāfah. As such, it is understandable that Muslims think of this as something new and expect guidance. I regret that I cannot provide clear cut answers to a situation that is so nebulous, but I do hope to share some food for thought that this declaration entails.

An Essential Institution of Islām

في حديث عبد الله بن عمر عن نبي الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أنه قال [من خلع يداً من طاعة لقي الله يوم القيامة ولا حجة له ومن مات وليس في عنقه بيعة مات ميتة جاهلية

‘Abdullāh ‘Umar رضي الله عنه narrates that the Prophet صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم said, “He who withdraws a hand from obedience [to the Khalīfah] will meet Allāh on the Day of Resurrection without any proof [for his disobedience] and he who dies without the pledge of allegiance [to the Khalīfah] around his neck, dies the death of pre-Islāmic Ignorance .” [Muslim]

If nothing else, the declaration on 1st Ramaḍān 1435, has at least broken the silence and apathy of Muslims on the essential institution of Khilāfah, abolished by Jewish Ataturk on Monday 28th Rajab 1342 (3rd March 1924) and aided by the Satanic Saudi regime at the Makkah Conference two years later. This institution’s importance can be gauged from the actions of the two greatest, most pious and most learned Muslims upon the departure of Muḥammad Rasūlullāh صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم from this world, i.e. Abū Bakr رضي الله عنه and ‘Umar رضي الله عنه. It would be expected that these two distinguished personalities who bore him such love as we can never imagine, would have attended to the following as ultimate priorities:

· Washing the body of Muḥammad Rasūlullāh صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم

· Shrouding the body of Muḥammad Rasūlullāh صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم .

· Arranging the funeral prayers for Allāh’s Messengerصلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم .

However important these may be, the command of Allāh’s Messenger صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم took precedence to their personal feelings. They hastened to establish the Khilāfah before any of the above three stupendously important deeds. In my view, no amount of academic wrangling can match the singular example of Abū Bakr رضي الله عنه and ‘Umar رضي الله عنه in their haste to establish the Khilāfah.

Continue reading: kindi313.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/islamic-state-khilafah-...

+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2014 09:00
nice points by maulana. This ones post is makes sense on the IS issue.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2015 08:04

The Craving to “Spice-Up” Our Religion

عن أبي ذر رضي الله عنه قال : « قال لي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قل الحق ولو كان مرا

ʾAbÅ« Ẓarr, may Allāh be pleased with him narrated, “Allāh’s Messenger صلى الله عليه Ùˆ سلم said to me, ‘Speak the truth, even if it be bitter.’” [Ibn Ḥibbān]

I have noticed a disturbing tendency of some Muslims in displaying dissatisfaction with the truth which Allāh’s Messenger صلى الله عليه Ùˆ سلم had preached. They instead disseminate falsehoods and “glamorous” distortions which they find more appealing to their agendas, even if such agendas are supposedly for the greater glory of Allāh and His Messenger صلى الله عليه Ùˆ سلم . These statements range from emails that Pope Benedict resigned due to him embracing Islām, to world famous orators tweaking facts to suit a given situation. I even had my ears polluted by a “MuftÄ«”, who twice declared that on the Day of Resurrection, some people will be entering Paradise, when the angels will accost them for entering without having first rendered their accounting. Allāh will then say to leave them that it is He who should give them a reckoning for having sacrificed a certain amount of time for His religion every day!

Continue reading: kindi313.wordpress.com/2015/05/13/the-craving-to-spice-up...

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2015 08:39

Privileged to be listening to Shaykh Kindi's informative and fascinating daily tafsir lesson at the Masjid I attend.

Topics in my daily commentary before Tarāwīḥ

I have been invited by the Northcliff Masjid to give a brief explanation every night of what will be recited in the Tarāwīḥ Ṣalāh. Since I am making points of what I am speaking, I thought I may as well record them in a blog post as I progress. If Allāh wills, I shall update this post daily, instead of separate posts, as these are points and not full commentaries. I may also write a point about which I never had time to speak on.
سليمان الكندي
Twitter: @sulayman_Kindi

1. First Night – 1st Juz and 1st Quarter of Juz 2
• Relationship between Ramaḍān and revelation.
• Distinction between complete revelations and revelation over 23 years – ʾInzāl and TanzÄ«l
• The first letter of the Qurʾān “bi” is a conjunction and this is the essence of the entire Qurʾān – joining the Creator and His creation.
• ʾal-Fātiḥāh – Opening Chapter.
• ʾal-Baqarah – The Cow, insincere questions and lead one astray.
• Similarly all knowledge is not useful – sorcery of Babylon
• Sorcery continued to the time of the innocent Prophet, Sulaymān (Solomon) and to this day.
• Opposite of knowledge – Allāh declares two groups idiots – those who criticise the á¹¢aḥābah and those who question the command of Allāh i.e. change of Qiblah.

Continue reading kindi313.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/topics-in-my-daily-comm...ḥ

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2015 12:54

Arabic vs. English – A Spiritual Comparison

وَلَقَدْ نَعْلَمُ أَنَّهُمْ يَقُولُونَ إِنَّمَا يُعَلِّمُهُ بَشَرٌ لِّسَانُ الَّذِي يُلْحِدُونَ إِلَيْهِ أَعْجَمِيٌّ وَهَـذَا لِسَانٌ عَرَبِيٌّ مُّبِينٌ

Indeed We know that they say that a mere mortal teaches him; whereas the tongue of he to whom they impute this is non-Arab whilst this is a clear Arabic tongue. [ʾan-Naḥl : 103]

I strongly recommend “Muḥammad RasÅ«lullāh” the biography of Allāh’s Final Messenger صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ, written by Shaykh Sayyid Mawlānā ʾAbul Ḥasan Ê¿AlÄ« NadwÄ«, teacher of my teacher. Although the commonly available English translation is not the most reader-friendly version ever, the Sayyid strikes a perfect balance between conveying facts and expressing his love for our Guide صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ. Some books express love, but do not teach much, others are cold, analytical and emotionless, as if they had been written by orientalists.

One of the points discussed in “Muḥammad RasÅ«lullāh” is why Allāh’s Messenger صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ had to be an Ê¿Arab. This discussion would of course link to the question as to why Allāh’s Speech was revealed in Arabic, bearing in mind that language is a clear map of the psychology of a nation. This post is not meant to address either question. Instead, these questions inspire recognition of the spiritual purity of the language of the final revelation. To demonstrate this, I shall gather a few examples of the spiritual depravity of English, which Arabic is completely innocent of.

Continue reading: kindi313.wordpress.com/2015/12/09/arabic-vs-english-a-spi...

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 9th February 2016 08:51

Jābir bin Ê¿Abdillāh Ê¾al-ʾAnṣārÄ«

عن عبد الله بن مغفل المزني قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم الله الله في أصحابي لا تتخذوهم غرضا بعدي فمن أحبهم فبحبي أحبهم ومن أبغضهم فببغضي أبغضهم ومن آذاهم فقد آذاني ومن آذاني فقد آذى الله عز وجل ومن آذى الله يوشك أن يأخذه

Ê¿Abdullāh bin Mughaffal ʾal-MuzanÄ« narrates that Allāh’s Messenger صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said, “[Fear Allāh! [Fear] Allāh in regards my Companions! Do not make them a target after me. He who loves them, loves them due to loving me. He who hates them, hates them due to hating me. He who harms them has harmed me. He who harms me [aims] harm at Allāh, Most Mighty and Majestic. And Allāh will soon seize he who [intends to] harm Him. [ʾAḥmad]

Another reminder that I have not written in a while, and this reminder specifically mentioning Syria. Yesterday I met someone who returned from his third welfare trip to Syria. He told me that each trip only adds to his confusion on the situation there, rather than clear up the facts. How then do I comment at this stage on Syria? As for other matters requiring exercise of the intellect, my mind does not focus on any topic right now. So perhaps if for nobody’s benefit other than my own, I shall put pen to paper on matters of the heart, not the mind.

I know that on the Day of Reckoning I do not have any deed worthy of presentation. I do not recall observing even a single prayer in my entire life, with my thoughts solely focussed on my Creator. My only hope lies in the intercession of Allāh’s Messenger صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ and Allāh forgiving me without taking me to account for my deeds. Yet both these are dependent on the recipient having faith. Am I truly a believer? Faith lies between hope and fear. What gives me hope, that I do indeed have faith, is the love for the Companions of Allāh’s Messenger صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ which overcomes me. I thank Allāh for granting me such joy when thinking of them, which no soccer, cricket, Hollywood or Bollywood fanatic can match in his/her love of those idols. I just cannot get my mind across why a Muslim would adore such people, when a single Ḥadith or story of the Companions should be enough to make one an ardent admirer of that Companion and all Companions in general. I am especially irked when these fanatics include scholars and people otherwise ostensibly linked to religion. I may even be accused of being too informal when speaking of the Companions, but I am convinced that if I do have the honour of meeting them, they will fully understand that I was motivated by love, unlike the judgemental Muslim ʾUmmah who will not understand anything out of the straight and narrow.

Continue reading: kindi313.wordpress.com/2016/01/30/jabir-bin-%ca%bfabdilla...

No post ratings