Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
samah, Jinn, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Yasin, muslim11
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 11:36
  1. Had unlimited access to the British library (before retirement), access to 10 Downing street library, Marked Exams papers for Oxford university & Cambridge university.
  2. He was from Burma. Multi linguist. Spoke approx 18 different languages. Feared by the Ahle Hadith Had approximately 40 or 4 TB of Islamic manuscripts. Maybe more.
  3. Born in 1951
  4. Real name Mufti Ahmed Baggia

Can someone inform us more about the noble Mufti Saheb who has just passed away?

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 11:59
+3 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 12:08
samah wrote:
View original post

Shaykh (Mufti) Abdur-Rahman Mangera (HA) has just tweeted that he will write about him this afternoon.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 20:39
Mufti Saab was one of the most amazing walking talking libraries I've ever met.

He had some great stories to tell from his experience from around the world. Alhumdulillah, not only did I have the privilege of meeting him, I spent some time (very little, but some) with him and he gave me the chance to do his khidmah.

Allah give him the highest rank in Jannah.

+4 -0Like x 3Ameen x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 23:37
This is one Mufti whose knowledge surpasses many many other Ulama, yet you will not find information about him online.

He never put his name to his work.

He was a very good friend of Mufti Taqi Usmani. Mufti Taqi Usmani would occasionally send his work to him for proofreading etc.

The halal food guide by Mufti Sacha included his contributions too, one way or the other.

I remember once when Mufti Saeed Ahmed Palanpuri was at my local mosque and I asked Mufti Shamim his opinion (in a friendly manner) and all he said was something like, "He likes Biryani and I like Daal Chawal, we all have our differences"

He also said that Mufti Sacha was a great Mufti and Mufti Farooq was one of the most capable scholars of the UK. He was of the opinion that Mufti farooq was the strongest on Fiqh and Taqwa.

I used to give salaam to him whenever I met him and many times it seemed like he didn't see me or just wouldn't reply. Then one day, he saw me and explained to me the 7 (i think) people to whom we don't do salaam to and those who don't need to respond. Amazing lesson. I even did a thread about it but can't remember its name.

One day, Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf told me that Mufti Shamim thought that I was a Salafi, Mufti Abdur Rahman laughed and explained who I was Alhumdulillah.

Mufti Saab never took any favours from anyone, he always paid for everything upfront. He didn't like gifts either because he felt that we would be seeking something else from him.

One day I posted a whole load of Hadith on hijama into his letter box and asked him for his opinion on the topic. He returned the letter with a note stating that he was ill and that he had retired. However, he did say to me that many of the Hadith were weak even though they were authenticated by Shaykh Albani. I was pretty surprised to hear that.

He's has some great conversations about Maulana Shuaib Hassan (ahle Hadith Imam of the Leyton Masjid) MashaAllah, they went backsome time. Mind you he didn't say anything behind his back, it was pure education.
+7 -0Like x 4Winner x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 23:53
+1 -0Like x 1
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2014 17:33
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Ml What your name please..

JazākAllah Khayran
Hashim Waseem
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2014 17:36
Salaam guest, I am not a Maulana, alim, hafiz etc etc.
Neither am I studying to become one unfortunately.

I'm just a student of the Deen.

Jazakallah.
No post ratings
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2014 18:04
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Ok, no problem..

Would you know who wrote those good things about mft Shameem sahib..

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2014 20:08
I wrote it from personal experience of speaking to him.

I hope I haven't made a mistake
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2014 22:17
there were quite a few salafis and ahle hadith (including chairmans of salafi masjids and their imams) who attended his janaza salah today. i also got texts late last night from some quite staunch salafi's asking about his janaza salah and burial details. i guess the respect for his status, despite v.strong differences, was certainly there.
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2014 22:25
Mufti Shamim did printing for the Masjid in Leyton many years ago and knew Mualana Shuaib Hassan very well. The scholars would come to him to discuss issues where they'd assumed he didn't know his stuff.

One time, some scholars/learned people came to discuss the names of very well known people/ulama mentioned in the books of history in alphabetical order. I can't remember the topic, but Mufti Shamim said that they were quoting from a particular book which the author hadn't completed due to death. When Mufti shamim asked them about the very book and asked them to complete the alphabet with all the names, they were unable to do so. And to their astonishment, Mufti Shamim completed the names from memory.
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2014 22:29
In an informal discussion with a very good practicing Salafi brother, he (the brother) once asked me if I ever sat in the company of any scholars.

I admitted to the truth but mentioned that one of my sources was Mufti shamim and that I did sit with him for long hours.

MashaAllah, the brother was sincere and declined to comment further knowing the calibre of Mufti Saab.
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2014 22:30
I never knew him nor met him but your mentioning his name in the same bracket as Shaykh (Mufti) Yusuf Sacha (HA) and Mufti Farooq (HA) explains his caliber (Masha'Allah), my misfortune :(
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2014 22:34
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I remember asking you about him a few years ago. He was ill at the time too.

One day Mufti Shamim said that Mufti Taqi Usmani was here discussing this and that with me, I regret not asking him if he meant that Mufti Taqi Usmani was actually "here, in your house, opposite mine"
No post ratings