Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Issue of Salam on forums

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2014 12:40

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I don't understand the Islamic obligation (thus getting upset) at not saying Salam on every single post during an extended discussion on a thread?

I have said Salam in this post so am I under any obligation to keep saying it to everyone who replies partakes in this thread?

It may be good Adab and come across as well mannered but should be get upset if someone omits it? I also understand if someone starts a new discussion on the thread but I am talking about ongoing discussions...

Jzk

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2014 12:49
get a fatwa on this bro. Also I read somewhere in hazrat hakim akhtar saab's letters that it should be as follows;

address the person

e.g. dear muadh,

Then asalamukum w w

Then content

Then finally waylakumusalam w w

Would be great to get a reference for this. I plan to send a whole list of questions to mufti zameelur rahman through his site....this could be one.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2014 12:54

london786 wrote:
View original post

The question isn't about starting but continued discusison.

How many people exchange WhatsApp or text messages and start/end every continued message with Salam?

Jzk

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2014 13:35
Isn't it the same as having a conversation, starting and ending in salam, but not inbetween. Since threads are started but not concluded, due to having an open ending. It would make sense for the beginning post to start with salaam, but not necessarily all post to reply....

Because don't people automatically reply waalaykum salaam when they read or hear Assalamualaykum. Wouldnt the verbal reply be sufficient, in this case reading in the mind you would automatically reply in the mind...right?

However I do know some people who write Assalamualaykum for each and every message sent, even if it's a conversation. Alhumdulillah.

No post ratings