Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Lessons from random people...

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
kanzoorbhai, mmb786, Taalibah, Arslan., abu mohammed, samah, member2, Seifeddine-M, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 12:50

Asslamo Allaikum,

This thread is about lessons which random oridinary people have taught you.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 12:52

A random Sister (whom I never met) asked me about life so I described something which is very common and 99.99% have it and I don't and I said that I always wanted this thing and it is so common and I have never understood why I don't have it so she said,

"Allah (SWT) tests people with what they love and desire" because you want it Allah (SWT) has tested you with it all your life!

I was overwhelmed by her Taqwa and Hikmah, Masha'Allah

+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 12:55

We were in an Ijetma in Los Angeles and Professor Iqbal from Bhopal who used to translate letters into English for Hazratjee (RA) at the time was in the car and he told me

Yesterday I met a new Muslim so I asked him when did he accept Islam. He replied, "Allah guided me a few days ago" and then he looked at the sky and said

Thank You Allah!

Professor Iqbal Saheb said that his sincerity and innocence made my cry and when I told the Ulamah, they cried as well!

+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 12:57

An old Turkish man (Ottoman) once told me,

"Son remeber this! Politics is done with Non-Muslims but for Muslims there is no politics they are our brothers and sisters. We serve them in whatever is our capacity."

+7 -0Like x 5Winner x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 12:59

Those who did Bay'ah to Shaykh (Maulana) Abrarul-Haq Hardoi (RA) were taught and they say

"We don't know anything BUT we know those who know!"

+7 -0Like x 6Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 13:02

I was a child and a female member of the family was really pretty and she wanted to be an Airline Hostess. She disregarded her family, elders and everybody and would have none of it.

Another kid in the family said in front of everyone, "Baji (Sister)! The most important treasure for a woman is her character do you think what they will pay you is worth you jeopardising your character?"

She said yes he is right and changed her mind.

+6 -0Like x 5Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 13:05

A young new Muslim started going in Jamaat so the Salafees approached him and told him that these Tableeghees gather "Thursday Night" and it is Bi'dah to fix a night like this for weekly gatherings. He asked them so how should I learn Islam?

Salafees said, "We have weekly Halaqahs every Sunday Night which you can attend and you will gain knowledge" :p

+10 -0Like x 5Winner x 4Creative x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 13:08

A Modernist brother was telling people in the Masjid that having a small Beard will also satsify the requirements although it is better to have the full Beard. A short tidy beard will get you by on the day of judgement and it will be deemed that you have a Beard!

Another brother asked him:

When you were studying at University did you inspire, plan and study to get a "C" or an "A"? Why is your approach different when it comes to Sunnah?

+7 -0Like x 5Winner x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 13:14

A Sunniforum brother wrote,

"There is a possibility that a frail, old Turban wearing Maulana not fully familiar with Modern technology, not well versed in Modern politics wearing an old worn out Shalwar Qameez is likely to lead you to paradise while there is a possibility that a healthy, buffed well dressed, eloquent and well spoken youtube celebrity is likely to lead you to Hell fire. What judgement call will you make? "

+7 -0Like x 4Winner x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 13:17

A brother told an Ahl-e-Hadeeth in Pakistan while discussing Tableeghi Jamaat. Put aside the issues of differences and Qur'aan and Sunnah.

"You (Ahl-e-Hadeeth) say that your group is the most correct and also familiar with modern times and its needs and you have been in operation for hunderds of years. You aren't even successful in a neighbourhood of Karachi (fully). Tableeghi Jamaat has expanded globally in 70-80 years, would you not admit that at least strategically they are more successfull then you?"

+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 13:21

A wise brother once said, "You don't need a lof of knowledge, experience and analytical skills to know which group (in Islam) is right or wrong."

Just look at whom the Non-Muslims are targetting, strongly refuting and trying their best to suppress!

+6 -0Like x 4Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 13:49
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Without a hint of of nosiness, i have to ask what was it?

Just kiddin :)

Once there was this oldish lady sitting on a chair next to me in masjidun nabawi. When she got up to move to the front, i just picked up her chair and carried it for her - not even 25 meters. But she made a big thing out of it and carried on like i did her the greatest favour in the world! she cried and made dua and she was like sooooo appreciative. It was unbelievable, considering what i trivial thing i did. It left a big impression on me and taught me how powerful the quality of being being sincerely appreciative can be.
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 13:54

mmb786 wrote:
View original post

This blessing of Allah (SWT) is so common that 99.999% of people (Muslims and Non-Muslims) have it and it is so common that people take it forgranted. I am one of the 0.001% who don't have it and know that it is neither common nor forgranted!

I can give everything in my Dunya and Akhira in return and can never get what 99.999% have anyways...

+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 14:05

The beauty of the UK's loneliest bus stops

And then there's the problem posed by Eddie Dealtry, from Kendal.

The loneliest bus stop, he suggests, will be neither rural nor seldom-used, but "surely somewhere in one of those cities where people ignore each other".

+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2014 14:46
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I can't for the life of me guess what it is. But إن شاء الله you'll still get it, whatever it may be!
+1 -0Like x 1