Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

"Sinner" Caliphs of Yesterday

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Jinn, Arslan., Taalibah, Naqshband66, xs11ax, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, kanzoorbhai, samy.3660, Yasin, AishaZaynap, abuzayd2k
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 11:52

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh, 

Some of our sincere brothers and sisters like to stand up for the Saudi Bandit-King arguing that the Royal family may be sinners but they are legitimate king and protectors of Islam.

The problem is that these (and other donkeys around the Islamic world) are merely sinners and no protectors of Islam. This thread will give examples of “sinners” from the past who actually protected the honour and dignity of Islam and the believers.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 11:58

Khalifa Abu Ishaq 'Abbas al-Mu'tasim ibn Harun al-Rashid (RA) [795-842]:

He punished and tortued Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal (RA) over the creation of Qur'aan issue, not only did he have Aqeedah problems but also had loose morals but news reached Mu’tasim that a noble Muslim woman was being held captive by a Roman brute in Umuriyyah, that one day he slapped her in the face upon which she cried her historical cry, “O Mu’tasim!”

Upon hearing this he responded to her cry, “I am coming to respond to your plea! I am coming to respond to your plea!” 

He warned the Romans, "If you don't release that woman, I promise you, I will send an army against you. And, my army will be so big that when the first soldiers reach your gates, the last ones will not have left my palace!" 

Mu'tasim launched a powerful attack at the Battle of Amouria, in which the Muslims scored a decisive victory. A Millenium ago, the safety of just one Muslim woman was enough reason to put an army into battle.

The city of Umuriyyah was CAPTURED and RAZED to the ground on the plea of a single Muslim woman!

+10 -0Like x 9
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 12:05

Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf (RA) was a tyrrant and killed even from the most pious without mercy!

A Muslim woman is taken captive near Debal (Karachi) by the Mids while she is travelling from Sri Lanka back to Arabia, so what does Hajjaj do on this unconfirmed news? 

He sends his nephew Muhammad Ibn Qasim (RA) to attack India and crush the Hindu Raja Dhahir, today 30% of the (global) Muslims live in Indian-continent which was captured owing to the "supposed" plea of a single Sri Lankan woman to the Muslim Caliph!

+7 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 12:15

Az-Zahir Ghazi (or al-Malik az-Zahir Ghazi; 1172 – 8 October 1216) a greedy, manipulative yearning for power individual who spent most of his life scheming to get more and more. 

He continued to make political manouvers with Muslim kings around him, acceeding loyalty and then breaking accord. 

But the same Az-Zahir (RA) in the last 10 years of life when the Crusaders tried to invade Egypt set aside his power ambitions and spent a decade in Jihad against the Crusaders and his deeds of barvery became folk-lore in Arabic poetry!

+8 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 12:26

Al-Malik al-Nasir Nasir al-Din Muhammad ben Qalawun) ( Nickname: Abu al-Ma'ali (أبو المعالى ‎ 1285–1341)

A coward, a womaniser who was desposed from his throne multiple times during his reign. He was shamed by Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) into action against the Tatars (Mongols) 

In the decisive battle of Marj al-Saffar (1303) he sits on is horse and make Bayat to Allah (SWT) upon death and says today, "Either the Mongols will live OR Me...!"

First decisive defeat to the advancing Tatars in Islamic history, mass conversion to Islam (over the next century) and rise of the Turks in Islam.

+8 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 14:09
السلام عليكم

Seriously got goosebumps reading this thread! SubhanAllah.

Even the tyrants of the past felt some kind of responsiblity for the Ummah.

+3 -0Like x 3Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 14:45

Berke Khan (died 1266) was a blood thirsty tyrannt Mongol who while in Bukhara had a dialogue with a Caravan and accepted Islam. His cousin Halagu Khan destoryed Baghdad and massacred Muslims in large numbers.

The spilling of Muslim blood devastated Berke and led to him protesting and sending a message to the Mongol (Möngke Khan) "He (Hulagu) has sacked all the cities of the Muslims, and has brought about the death of the Caliph. With the help of God, I will call him to account for so much innocent blood."

This led to a live long campaign between the two cousins (Muslim vs Non-Muslim) to revenge for the blood of innocent Muslims. Importantly, he stopped the advance of his own family (Tatar) into the Muslim lands!

+5 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 14:53

Sultan Abdul Hamid Khan (1842-1918) was one of the last  Caliphs of Islam. Sultan wasn't overly religious at any stage of his life, growing a Beard only towards the end. The Ottoman empire was beset with financial diffculties, mismanagement and strife and at that time he was offered a deal by the Jews for the land of Palestine.

He (RA) replied to the Jews as written in a letter to his Shaykh:

...I left the post of the ruler of Caliphate only because of the obstacles and threats on the side of people who call them “Young Turks”. “The Committee of Unity and Progress” (Ataturk was one of its leaders, the comment of the translator) obsessively insist on my agreement to form a national Jewish state in the sacred land of Palestine. But in spite of their obstinacy I strongly refused them. In the end they offered me 150 mln English pounds in gold, but again I refused and said the following to them.

” If you offer me all the gold of the world adding it to your 150 man, I won’t agree to give you the land. I have served the Islam and the ummah of Mohammad, peace and blessings be upon him, for more than 30 years, and I won´t cloud the Islamic history, the history of my fathers and grand fathers Ottoman sultans and caliphs”.

After my definite refusal they decided to remove me from power, and after that they told me that they would transport me to Salonika and I had to resign. I praise my benefactor who didn´t let me bring shame on the Ottoman state and the Islamic world. I want to stop at this. I praise the Almighty once again and finish my letter...

+7 -0Like x 3Winner x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 15:09

al-Malik al-Muzaffar Saif ad-Din Qutuz (1254-1260) was an insignifciant ruler in the long line of Mamluks in the Islamic history. His childhood and youth are obscure and nothing stands out in terms of Islamic knowledge, action or Taqwa.

The powerful Halagu Khan sent him a letter to surrender which was read out in court. It was utterly humiliating and disgraceful 

From the King of Kings of the East and West, the Great Khan. To Qutuz the Mamluk, who fled to escape our swords. You should think of what happened to other countries and submit to us. You have heard how we have conquered a vast empire and have purified the earth of the disorders that tainted it. We have conquered vast areas, massacring all the people. You cannot escape from the terror of our armies. Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor armies stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations. Only those who beg our protection will be safe. Hasten your reply before the fire of war is kindled. Resist and you will suffer the most terrible catastrophes. We will shatter your mosques and reveal the weakness of your God and then will kill your children and your old men together. At present you are the only enemy against whom we have to march.[4]

The young Sultan was ready to surrender but those in the court inticed him which enraged him into action on the suffering of Islam and Muslims. 

1. He killed the envoies and hung their heads at the gate of Cairo sending a message loud and clear, "It is against diplomatic etiquettes to harm envoys but this is the only befitting response to despicable threats. Come and get the heads of your envoys"
  2. He made peace with the Baibars sending a message to them stating, "Lets put our differences aside to fight the enemies of Islam and Muslims" 
  3. The Tatars were wiped at the Battle of Ain Jalut by the unlikely allicance forged in the name of defend Islam. 

He was killed while returning after victory by the same Baibars whom he put aside the differences to fight for the Deen of Allah (SWT)!

+4 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 15:19

Yazid I (647-683), history books are filled with his wine drinking, womenising and ultimately the assisination of Sayyidina Hussain (RA) the grandson of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) during his rule. 

Sent by his father Sayyidina Muwaiyyah (602-680) [RA] to encircle Constantinople in the Siege, targets Romans for the his entire life due to the enmity which he inherited from his father and Sahaba (RA) against the Roman empire. Constantinople (Modrn Turkey) doesn't fall until the future but despite his personal issues (and setbacks) he remains relentless in pursuit of the growth of Islamic empire and bent on keeping the Non-Muslims sub-dued.

+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 15:21

Thousands of (ordinary and nameless) men and women despite having sinful lives DID NOT compromise and sell this Ummah so I ask you, 

Doesn't it fill you with grief that our rulers (and ordinary men and women) sell this Deen and our Brothers and Sisters for petty pennies while making lofty claims about Islam and Sunnah?

Example # 1:  Since 1926 the bandits of Saudi Arabia have done NOTHING but less Islam and Muslims to the highest bidder while proclaiming Qur'aan and Sunnah.

+5 -0Like x 1Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 15:59
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Small mistake in the Spelling of God.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 16:05
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I agree with you. Even today when Syria burns, its inhabitants dying of starvation, not even a single Muslim country have offered a helping hand.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 21:00
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

Just to add a note that the Noble Sahabah رضي الله عنهم had already entered India much before Muhammed Bin Qasim رحمة الله عليه

The role of the Blessed sahabah in settling Mumbai www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?102439-The-Role-o...

duas..

wa Assalam..
+3 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2014 21:58
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Masha'Allah Dr Saheb.

I was looking for this...