Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The impact of Shaykh (Mufti) A.S. Desai (HA)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sharjan8643
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2013 12:55

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Those who have serious links and allegiance to Hazrat (HA) are requested to:

1. Read first before reacting
  2. Report the thread to Administrators and Moderators if they deem it to be disrespectful

I am getting seriously concerned about the impact (and cult like following) of Shaykh (Mufti) A.S. Desai (HA).

I am a great admirer of Hazrat (HA) and his enthusiasm for the Haqq, nevertheless I as a nobody find some of his writings devoid of Academic rigour so I approached a well known Mufti. After personal discussions with him it affirmed my initial findings.

The laymen and even some of the knowledgeable ones don’t seem to be making a distinction between:

1. Being harsh and being insulting
  2. Being harsh and being stubborn

In my humble and limited opinion due to the reach of the Internet if other Deobandi (Ulamah) don’t counter some of the opinions being propagated it will (continue to) cause damage to the Deobandees on an enormous scale.

The thoughts came to my mind after a meeting with a well know UK Brother who has done a lot of work in propagating Hazrat’s work (Masha’Allah) but it was clear to me that despite being an intelligent and rational individual he really can’t see the repercussions of some of the writings.

What is being propagated as a beacon of ultimate refutation is nothing but substandard tittle-tattle!

What also concerned me seriously is the condition of a brother on this forum who has been categorically shown the position of the Hanafi Madhab and the UNANIMOUS position of Deobandi Ulamah on an issue and yet he chooses to ignore all of that in favour of lone opinion of Shaykh (Mufti) A.S. Desai (HA).

This is really Taqleed (of an individual to the next level).  Shaykh (Mufti) A.S. Desai (HA) should be given every bit of respect and reverence which he deserves due to his knowledge, old age, Seniority etc...Nevertheless where his opinions are simply wild conjectures and actually insulting (not harsh but insulting) Ulamah should politely and respectfully counter them.

I am very seriously concerned about this phenomenon.

I am SHOCKED about some of things being said by Hazrat (HA) and his followers on the Internet...the limits of basic human decency are being crossed, the Academic rigour was not necessarily there to begin with!

report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -1Dislike x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2013 14:29

The Majlis (Volume 22/Number 03):

Deobandi Akabir:

Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf Ludhianvi Shaheed (RA) has extensively discussed the issue in his book with references to Shaykh (Mufti) Shafi (RA) and Shaykh (Allamah) Yusuf Binori (RA) and in the last question on the chapter of organ donation, Hazrat (RA) clearly affirms the receiving blood donation when the need is critical and certified by a competent physician is permissible. In order to maintain supply even the buying and selling of blood is permissible and to provide a service (of a blood bank) is an act of reward.

The minimum unanimous opinion of Ulamah of Deoband is that blood donation in times of dire need (of life and death) is permissible, is there no one is South Africa who reads these Fatwaas and raises some concerns because it is at divergence with the Akabir and Ulamah of Deoband?

س… ہم لوگ ڈاوٴ میڈیکل کالج میں ڈاکٹری کی تعلیم حاصل کرتے ہیں، اور چونکہ تیسرے اور چوتھے سال سے ہمارا تعلق براہِ راست مریضوں کی دیکھ بھال سے ہوجاتا ہے، جس میں ہم لوگوں نے محسوس کیا کہ بہت سارے مریض غربت کی وجہ سے اپنا علاج معالجہ صحیح طور پر نہیں کراسکتے اور نہ ہی دوائیاں وغیرہ خرید سکتے ہیں۔ اس لئے ہم لوگوں نے ایک امدادی جماعت ”پیشنٹ ویلفیئر ایسوسی ایشن“ (مریضوں کی امدادی جماعت) کے نام سے بنائی ہے۔ جس میں ہم مختلف لوگوں سے چندہ وغیرہ لے کر دوائیاں خریدتے ہیں اور پھر خود مریضوں کو مہیا کرتے ہیں۔ اب ہماری اس انجمن نے اپنے کالج میں ”بلڈبینک“ بنانا شروع کیا ہے، جس میں ہم خون جمع کرکے رکھا کریں گے تاکہ جاں بلب مریضوں کو خون پہنچاسکیں۔ اس کا طریقہٴ کار یہ ہوگا کہ ہم اس مریض کے کسی رشتہ دار سے خون لے کر اپنے بینک میں رکھ لیا کریں گے اور اس مریض کے نمبر کا خون اس مریض کو مہیا کردیا کریں گے۔ کیا اس طرح ہم لوگوں کا مریضوں کے لئے خون جمع کرنا اور پھر مریضوں کو مہیا کرنا شریعت کے مطابق دُرست ہے یا نہیں؟ اور ہم طلبہ کو اس کام کا ثواب ملے گا؟

ج… اِضطرار کی حالت میں مریض کی جان بچانے کے لئے خون دینا جائز ہے، اور اسی ضرورت کے پیشِ نظر خون کا مہیا رکھنا اور اس کی خرید و فروخت بھی جائز ہے، اور خدمتِ خلق جبکہ حدِ جواز کے اندر ہو، ظاہر ہے کہ بڑے ثواب کا کام ہے۔

+2 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2013 14:38

Shaykh (Mufti) Taqi Usmani (HA) wears a Jinnah cap who has just been declared a Faasiq!

Hazrat (HA) is rarely in public on special occasions without this cap...

[admin edit: photo removed and sentence changed to state that Mufti Taqi wears it.

+2 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2013 16:36
Is Mufti A.S Desai up to date with fiqhul waaqi?

Some of the Fatwas are strange.

I hope this thread doesn't end up "messed up"
+1 -1Dislike x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 16th November 2013 08:56
Wa'alaykumus salaam ww
I have to say I admire your sincere concerns but I would like to add something here if I may

I think your statement:

Quote:
Ulamah should politely and respectfully counter them.[/quote]

is a good idea so better to get in touch with ulama who may help in this way and even if no one does anything, you would have tried your best. I'm just saying this because I feel it is incorrect to discuss a scholar of his calibre in this way ( just my opinion brother ok...we can agree to disagree if you think I'm wrong)

as for:
[quote]What also concerned me seriously is the condition of a brother on this forum who has been categorically shown the position of the Hanafi Madhab and the UNANIMOUS position of Deobandi Ulamah on an issue and yet he chooses to ignore all of that in favour of lone opinion of Shaykh (Mufti) A.S. Desai (HA).

it is his choice isn't it...Alhamdulillah at least he's following one authentic scholar and not following his own inclinations.

+4 -0Like x 1Agree x 2Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 16th November 2013 09:22
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

Definitely this thread is one thread i should keep away from, but i just want everyone to know that I'M the one who 'agreed' to your post apa :)
+3 -1Dislike x 1Disagree x 2Winner x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 08:07

ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

[49:12] O you who believe, abstain from many of the suspicions. Some suspicions are sins. And do not be curious (to find out faults of others), and do not backbite one another. Does one of you like that he eats the flesh of his dead brother? You would abhor it. And fear Allah. Surely Allah is Most-Relenting, Very-Merciful.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 08:14

This is a very strange Fatwa! Hazrat (HA) admits that he doesn’t know this “chap” called Tariq Jameel, has no research into what he has said and YET chosen to remove the title “Maulana” on the basis of an email and ascribed him to a bedfellow of Kuffar Shiahs all based on an email...

+2 -2Dislike x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 08:43
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Hasn't this topic already been discussed? we already know how and where it ended.

Thread locked, until further consultation.

+2 -2Dislike x 2Agree x 1