Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Recommended Non Islamic Android Apps

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.1% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: Taalibah, abu mohammed, member2, ibn Ismail
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Naqshband66
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 12:17
Quote:
If I install this, does this go through my phone book and send everyone else a message that I've downloaded this app

No, it will not send any kind of msgs.

Quote:
Does it let people with my number be able to contact me via this app directly or does it have some kind of username that is needed to be able to send and receive messages.

In short its similar to whatsapp, it will display all those phonebook contacts which are registered on Telegram and it doesn't require any key or username.

report post quote code quick quote reply
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 12:27
Jazakallah, so basically if I install this, I can go through my contacts to see who else is on there. Just what I feared. Sounds like a great app, but I think I'll give this a miss or I'll get the Mrs to try it out, she has less contacts only friends and family. I've got both and clients, so I'd rather not have it. Plus it'll give me the same issues I had with Whats App.
No post ratings
Naqshband66
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2014 18:47
Naqshband66 wrote:
View original post

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

well, I have to swallow back my words and sorry for misinformation.

" I install this, does this go through my phone book and send everyone else a message that I've downloaded this app"

Just now noticed that it will send a notification that you have joined Telegram to all phonebook contacts who are on Telegram. So its better you stay away from this app.

Like x 2
samah
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2014 07:30
Naqshband66 wrote:
View original post

Do any of you guys use Hangouts? It used to be known as Talk on Android. It seems somewhat similar to Telegram, but Hangouts is a native Android app and very much integrated with Google accounts.
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2014 10:35
Yeh hangouts is a default Android app. Since everyone using Android, hangout automatically works.

Yet same problem for me so I think I've disabled it as I can't handle that either.
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2014 14:54
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.matthewma.swipe...

Youtube Video

It's free and not 99 as mentioned on the video.

Needs a bit of getting used to because it's the actual proximity sensor just above the logo (on the HTC one handsets) so be be careful or get used to it before showing off with the mod.

Tried and tested. Awesome app.

Yesterday my brother format his phone, rooted it and installed a new hack. Ok so his buttons flash as notification but I don't care about that. And he can do what this app does too but with a few more tricks.
Ahmeduk
Rank Image
Longevity:
74%
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2014 08:53
HIIT interval training timer

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ihunda.android....

Description

Stopwatch for interval cardio training.
A great way to burn fat in a short & intense workout.

Changes: allow music player in background, buzz volume control, remove ads with HIIT ad free!

For cycling, running, sprinting, weightlifting, circuits, tabata...

Like x 2
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 11th February 2014 22:08
Quick Glance

Minimum Android requirement 4.3

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiam.snapdragon...

When pressing the power button on the phone to put the screen on. You can set on screen short cuts and quick glance notifications without doing any additional fiddling. Saves plenty of time and can be prettey useful.

This app is even better than the swipe short cuts app posted earlier.

Screenshot_2014-02-11-22-10-18.png
Downloads: 81
    [1041.43 kB]
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2014 09:19
^^^ Above app uninstalled. Nice app, but it removed half of my Prophets Sword.

I had to redo my swords.
Screenshot_2014-02-12-08-59-37.png
Downloads: 129
    [747.45 kB]
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2014 10:01
Single ear Bluetooth? But cant listen to those Nasheeds and Quran through it because you need a stereo headset.

Check this out. Please read the notes. I've tested it on my Plantronics Bluetooth headset using the HTC One. But remember one thing, after a call, play does not resume :(

InshaAllah, a step in the right direction so at least we know that its possible. Will look out for more too.

Youtube Video

Simple app to stream audio to your bluetooth mono headset
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bedoig.BTmono&h...

Description

Everybody: Please don't buy the app under the assumption that a future update will make it work. If it doesn't work now, it's an issue with your handset's firmware that is almost certainly not fixable from the app's side. This whole program is more of a hack than anything else - the function is clearly not officially supported by Google. I can't guarantee that it will work for any given phone and/or BT headset.

New 'Premium' version is now available (just $1) and includes the much requested widget + auto reconnect after phone calls. Free version will continue to get bug fixes, but most new features will be targeted at the Premium version. Thanks for your support! (If you've donated in the past via PayPal just shoot me an email and I'll get you set up with a free copy of the premium version)

Simple app to stream audio to your bluetooth mono headset. Please upgrade to Premium if you'd like to support development.

Requires Android 2.2 or higher. Tested on stock HTC Evo 4G ROM (2.2) and CM7 RC1. Leave feedback and ask questions at forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=950472

Features:
- Widget (premium only)
- Auto restart after phone call (premium only)
- Customize your Android's color (premium only)
- Automatically enable Bluetooth on app launch (user can still choose not to allow this). Make sure your headset is actually CONNECTED before hitting 'On.'
- In-app 'Media Volume' control. Adjust the 'Bluetooth In-Call Volume' using the physical buttons on your phone or headset.
- Ongoing Status Bar notification while the program is running.
- Automatic turn on at app launch available via Menu-->Preferences. Note - if enabled your headset must be connected before running BTmono.
- ICS (Android 4.0) support including use of Holo theme
- Limited Skype support (if enabled after call is started). Please note - microphone routing is not possible on Samsung phones and may not be possible on GSM phones - sorry.

Notes:
- Make sure your headset is connected BEFORE clicking 'On'
- To use with Skype you must enable BTmono AFTER starting a Skype call. Microphone routing does not appear to be possible on Samsung phones (without some ugly hacks, at least) because of Samsung's efforts to prevent phone call recording. Microphone routing may also be impossible on GSM phones due to API limitations. Please don't rate the program lowly due to this - Skype support is not the point of this app!
- To reduce static, set the 'Media Volume' slider to max and reduce the 'Bluetooth In-Call Volume' via your phone/headset.
- This version contains a workaround for a bug in Android 2.2 which causes a system crash under certain circumstances. If you are on 2.2, do NOT disable Bluetooth while the stream is running or your phone WILL reboot (sorry - tell your phone manufacturer to move to 2.2.1+). The bug has been fixed as of Android 2.2.1.
Winner x 1
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2014 14:03
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

This is a similar app and apparently continues to work after a phone call too.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=js.android.btmusic&...

Description

Android device only allow you to take a call from Bluetooth device but with the help of BTmusic it allows you to use Bluetooth device as a musical device along with default features to attending a call.
BTMusic is Bluetooth audio android application which facilitates you to listen music and notifications from your android device like Music player, GPS navigation messages and other sound sources.
This application is absolutely free of cost with life time license to this particular version.

Features:
- Auto restart after phone call
- Automatically enable Bluetooth on app launch (user can still choose not to allow this).
- In-app 'Media Volume' controls. Adjust the 'Bluetooth In-Call Volume' using the physical buttons on your phone or headset.
- Ongoing Status Bar notification while the program is running.
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2014 14:42

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.eu.inove.sss2

Description

3D simulation of the Solar System and night sky - real time virtual orrery and observatory
- Interactive night sky: point the device at the sky to see all objects in their proper place
- Optimalized for both tablets and smartphones
- Requires at least 50 MB of free space on card to open correctly
- Online version of model on www.solarsystemscope.com/

Features:
- Heliocentric view with real-time positions of planets and planetary orbits
- Schematic and realistic sizes of the planets and distances between them
- Movement of the planets in time to see how they move in relation to each other - Virtual Orrery
- Planetary exploration with info texts and additional views such as structure
- Moons (Galilean moons, Deimos & Phobos, Titan and 15 others)
- Dwarf planets (Pluto, Ceres, Haumea, Makemake. Eris) and their orbits
- Comets (Siding Spring, Lovejoy 2013, Lovejoy 2011, Panstarrs, ISON, Halley, 67P) - positions and trajectories
- Spacecraft Rosetta and its journey to comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko

- Stars and constellation of the night sky as viewed from a given location - Virtual Observatory
- Changes in the night sky during night, month and year
- Advanced searching of the objects
- Ecliptic line, grid lines and more
No post ratings
Taalibah
Rank Image
Longevity:
81%
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2014 15:25
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Just tried this app via bluetooth, it worked perfectly, no problems (masha)

Working fine with audio files on mobile as well as lectures via YouTube. جزاك الله خيرا
Like x 1
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2014 16:03
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

For the benefit of iPhone users, may an iPhone user let us know if there is an app available for you, or does the iphone allow you play the Quran recitals via the mono earpiece?
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2014 22:04
This app is not something I'll be making use of I guess. However I think others might find it very handy as many of us use this sort of thing on computers.

RAR for Android.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rarlab.rar

Too many files? No problem - RAR them. You can do that now that there's an official RAR app on Android. This is a fabulously useful app on Windows, where it costs cash money. On Android, it appears to be completely free.

The RAR app for Android lets you create ZIP and RAR archives, but you can unpack RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO, ARJ archives. There are also options to repair damaged archives and it supports encryption for creating and unpacking archives. It even comes with device benchmarking.

The app isn't particularly lovely, but it follows the Android design guidelines with a minimum of clutter. There's a holo light theme that looks a little more modern, in my opinion. It's definitely something to look into on the basis of features alone.
Like x 1
Back to top Post New Topic

Jump to page: