Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, abu mohammed, member2, ibn Ismail
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2014 22:46
Planetarium

@Daywalk3r and Muadh, although Muadh was known to be in Windows mobile.

If you guys get a chance please check this app out play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andscaloid.plan... I was wondering if its any good for working out the angle of the Sun to see what times Fajr is being prayed at certain masjids. It's a bit tricky to use, but you'll get there eventually. InshaAllah I'll play around with it tomorrow.

Description

The application "Planetarium" gives informations about the main celestial objects :
- Sun
- Moon
- Planets of our solar system :
- Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
- Constellations
- Stars of the Bright Star Catalogue
- Some Asterisms
The informations are based on the following parameters :
- Position of the observer
- Date
- Time and time zone

The displayed informations are as follows :
- Rise, transit and set times
- Civil dawn and dusk (for sun only)
- Azimuth and altitude
- Distance / Sun (for planets) or Earth (for moon)
- Constellation
- Astronomical Phenomena :
- Geocentric conjunction in right ascension
- Superior or inferior conjunction
- Quadrature west or east
- Quadrature
- Entry in a new constellation for sun, moon and planets

The application can be added on your screen as a widget and notifications for the Astronomical Phenomana are available.

The available views are as follows :
- Google Maps View (Starting Android 4.0)
- Astronomical Clock
- Day view (altitude of a celestial object during the day)
- Sky view (position in azimuth/altitude of a celestial object and path)
- Sky maps (with Lambert, Hammer and Stereographic projections)
- Solar System map (Heliocentric view of the planetary positions)
- List of Astronomical Phenomena for a month

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2014 10:51
Swift Key

I'm not exactly recommending this, but since it seems to be very popular amongst others even though it was £4.99 for the app, I'm just letting you know that its now free!

Personally, I don't need it as my keyboard works perfectly well for me.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swift...

Description

SwiftKey Keyboard is an intelligent app for Android that upgrades your device's on-screen keyboard, making it faster and easier for you to type. This free, award-winning app delivers smarter autocorrect and next-word prediction in over 60 languages. It's packed full of customization features, including over 30 colorful themes, layouts for all screen sizes and devices, support for over 800 emoji, emoji prediction and much more!
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 13:49
Boycott barcode scanner

Alhamdulillah, a cool app today called Boycott. It's easy to use and available for free for both android and iPhone. It allows you to choose a campaign that you support (Free Palestine, Boycott Israel, etc.) and next time you're shopping, you can use the app to scan barcodes of products and it'll instantly tell you if that particular manufacturer has any ties with, supports, donates to, or does business with Israel. Maybe this is all we need to make a little bit of a difference and affect major companies by hurting their sales.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buycott.android

itunes.apple.com/us/app/buycott/id585933440?ls=1&mt=8
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 13:59
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Doesn't seem to be a bad idea, but i reckon we'd be returning home empty handed!
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 14:35
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

True. Felt gutted when I came home once with some produce from Israel. It was by mistake but made me more aware. A good idea but might be a bit tricky juggling shopping, shopping trolley, and a phone.

Wonder how it would work out with online shopping.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 31st July 2014 12:18

This App free for the next two days from here www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DSY8D36/?tag=ho01f-21

Otherwise its £4.41 play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mbr.camellia&hl=en

I've never used the app, nor purchased from here so I cant help much. I'm posting it here because I think brother Sulaiman84 was looking for something like this.

PDF Max is the 5-star rated, full-featured PDF reader used by millions of iPhone/iPad users world-wide and now available for your Kindle. It was designed for those people who’re looking for a full-featured, touch-based optimization & professional PDF application that provides all features you need for an everyday PDF app in one place so that you do not need to spend extra money for other apps.

PDF Max features include:

[PROFESSIONAL PDF READER]

TEXT REFLOW: PDF Max includes an Amazing Text Reflow feature that helps you read your PDF easily with any kind of PDF. Forget the tedious pan & zoom steps, you now just enjoy reading your documents.

TEXT TO SPEECH: Don't keep your eyes on the screen all the time, Let the superb TTS feature in PDF Max does the work: It read PDF documents for you.

FAST RENDERING: PDF Max equips a super-fast rendering engine worked smoothly on all Android Phones/Tablets with Android 2.2 or newer.

FAST SCROLLING: PDF Max is the best PDF app that allows continuous vertical scroll through an entire document. You can also set the option to view one page at a time, it's your choice.

SMART ZOOM: Double-tap on text blocks and PDF Max will zoom the touched text block to fit the screen. Simple & efficient reading.

UI & NAVIGATE: The Navigation Panel lets you interact with your documents by thumbnails, bookmarks, annotations, PDF outline, Search or other common actions.

LARGE PDFs: PDF Max opens large PDFs easily without any problem. The maximum file size is only depending on the file size supported by the device itself.

[HIGH-END FORM FILLER]

Highly advanced form-filling features that support complex form field validations & calculations are on hand within the app to help users handle filling out many different documents such as AcroForm & Static XFA forms among others.

[FULL-FEATURED PDF ANNOTATOR]

TYPE ON YOUR PDF:
PDF Max lets you insert text into your PDF by creating FreeTexts (a.k.a TypeWriter).

DRAW WITH YOUR FINGER:
Use your finger or a stylus to take handwritten notes or highlight text in books, whether normal PDF or scanned. Eraser is of course also included to help you correct and refine your handwriting.

MARK UP TEXT:
Mark important things in books, journals or documents using Highlight, Underline, Cross-out and Squiggly tools.

CREATE NOTES AND CONVERSATIONS:
Add comments anywhere in the document. PDF Max even supports thread-conversations to help you collaborate with others like never before.

DRAW ANY SHAPE:
Draw, position and resize a multitude of shapes, including Rectangles, Lines, Ovals, Polylines, and Polygons with intelligent snapping.

MANAGE PDF PAGES, BOOKMARKS:
You can reorder pages, insert blank pages and even delete PDF pages. PDF Max also supports manage PDF Bookmarks.

[EASY TO USE AND POWERFUL FILE MANAGER]
Manage your own PDF library or all your PDFs on your devices easily with an intuitive File Management Interface. Dropbox is supported, more storages will be supported in the next updates.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 31st July 2014 12:31
Have you ever wanted to share a huge file from one device to another but the file was TOO large.

With this App, you can send the file over using the LAN feature as long as both devices are connected on the same WiFi connection.

It's a bit tricky to use at first, but once you get the hang of it, you will be able to share those large files that you weren't even able to send by email.

Remember, this will only work over the LAN and same WiFi connection for file transfer.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.androi...

ES, 300 millions global downloads, file manager trend leader on Android!
Rated as one of best resource management tools on Android market.
ES File Explorer is a free, full-featured file and application manager.
It functions as all of these apps in one: file manager, application manager, task killer, download manager, cloud storage client (compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box.net, Sugarsync, Yandex, Amazon S3, and Ubuntu One...), FTP client, and LAN Samba client.
It provides access to pictures, music, video, documents, and other files on both your Android devices and your computers.
ES File Explorer allows Android users, no matter where they are, to manage their resources freely. You can access all of your files from your mobile device and share them with others. This app makes it easy to stay connected over 3G, 4G, EDGE, or Wi-Fi to share with friends, upload photos, and watch videos.
ES File Explorer 3.0 currently supports 30+ languages:
English, Russian, Japanese, Korea, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Czech, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Tamil, Catalan, Turkish, Lithuanian, Portuguese...
This standard version is for Android 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0, 4.1,4.2 and 4.4. Android 1.5 ~ 2.0 users, please use ES File Explorer Cupcake.
You can download older version from our official website.Classic Theme can be downloaded on Google Play.
Features List:
* File Manager â€" Manage your files like you do on your desktop or laptop using Multiple Select, Cut/Copy/Paste, Move, Create, Delete, Rename, Search, Share, Send, Hide, Create Shortcut, and Bookmark; operations can be performed on local files (on Android device) or remotely (on your computer)
* Application Manager â€" categorize, uninstall, backup, and create shortcuts to your apps
* Remote File Manager â€" when enabled, manage files on your phone from your computer
* Built-in ZIP and RAR support allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files, unpack RAR files, and create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files
* Built-in viewers and players for various file types, including photos, music, and videos; supports third-party applications, such as Quick office, for opening others
* Shows thumbnails for APKs and images
* Text viewers and editors
* Access your home PC via WiFi with SMB
* Functions as your FTP and WebDAV client. Manage files on FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and WebDAV servers just like you manage files on your SD card
* Supports Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive (Google Docs is now a part of Google Drive), SkyDrive, Amazon S3, Yandex and more.
ES File Explorer is an enhanced cloud storage client with more functions than the official versions,
it can save photos, videos, and other files to your internet drives and share them with others.
* Bluetooth file browser You can copy and paste files between Bluetooth ready devices. It supports OBEX FTP for browsing devices and transferring files between Bluetooth devices.
* Kill tasks with a single click, increase memory and speed up your device -- includes a simple widget that stays on your home screen for knowing your current RAM situation and automatically killing tasks, with an ignore list to ignore the applications you want to keep running.Task Manager module required
* Cache Cleaner and Autostart manager -- Delete those junk files that take up valuable storage space.Task Manager module required.
* Root Explorer -- the ultimate set of file management tools for root users. Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions.
* Developers can visit our website for the developer interface for picking files from your applications, emailing attachments, etc.
* More features included, and more to come
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2014 12:29
One day I was having issues connecting to the internet via the WiFi. I asked why I was having issues and others were not.

We have 3 access points at home, so I was asked which access point I was connected to. :( All our access points are named the same, so how was I supposed to know, right!

Anyways, I worked it out eventually and I just had to plug the network cable back in.

However, my brother showed me an app that he uses very often for testing devices and to see whats on the network.

So this App is for all you IT enthusiasts and for those who just wanna know :)

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.overlook.androi...

Fing - Network Tools

Description
Find out which devices are connected to your Wi-Fi network, in just a few seconds.
Fast and accurate, Fing is a professional App for network analysis. A simple and intuitive interface helps you evaluate security levels, detect intruders and resolve network issues.
+ Discovers all devices connected to a Wi-Fi network. Unlimited devices and unlimited networks, for free!
+ Displays MAC Address and device manufacturer.
+ Enter your own names, icons, notes and location
+ Full search by IP, MAC, Name, Vendor and Notes
+ History of all discovered networks.
+ Share via Twitter, Facebook, Message and E-mail
+ Service Scan: Find hundreds of open ports in a few seconds.
+ Wake On LAN: Switch on your devices from your mobile or tablet!
+ Ping and traceroute: Understand your network performances.
+ Automatic DNS lookup and reverse lookup
+ Checks the availability of Internet connection
+ Works also with hosts outside your local network
+ Tracks when a device has gone online or offline
+ Launch Apps for specific ports, such as Browser, SSH, FTP
+ Displays NetBIOS names and properties
+ Displays Bonjour info and properties
+ Supports identification by IP address for bridged networks
+ Sort by IP, MAC, Name, Vendor, State, Last Change.
+ Free of charge, no banner Ads
+ Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with retina and standard displays.
+ Integrates with Fingbox to sync and backup your customizations, merge networks with multiple access points, monitor remote networks via Fingbox Sentinels, get notifications of changes, and much more.
+ Fing is available on several other platforms, including Windows, OS X and Linux. Check them out!

Youtube Video - Halalified (Video Only)

Muftisays Halalified YouTube Script

Play Video
You need Flash player 8+ and JavaScript enabled to view this video.

MY RATING 10/10 ***** *****
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2015 04:16
ٱلسَّلَامُ عَلَيكُم وَرَحمَةُٱللَّهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُه

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxit.mobile.pd...
^ مَاشَآءَٱللَّه, free and excellent for PDF annotations.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=si.modula.android.i...
^ مَاشَآءَٱللَّه, good approximation for your BPM (heartBeats Per Minute)
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2015 17:43
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2015 14:05
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kimcy92.toolbox

Description
ToolBox is application provider for you floating launcher similar to galaxy S5 Toolbox. It help to you quick launch app on anywhere.
[Featured]
✔ Add up to 5 apps(unlimited add item)
✔ Drag the Toolbox icon anywhere on screen.
✔ Change Toolbox size.
✔ Start on boot
✔ Custom sort app item direct on ToolBox.
✔ Change Color ToolBox
✔ Change floating icon ToolBox(custom icon which you want)
✔ Support Animation when open ToolBox
✔ Change transparent floating icon
[Guide User]
✔ Enable ToolBox to use.
✔ Select app to add to Toobox.
✔ Long Press Floating ToolBox to hide icon and after you can tap into notification to show it again
✔ Double Tap Floating ToolBox open recents Task.
✔ Move floating icon to anywhere on screen
✔ Press and hold app item on ToolBox to custom sort.
[Note]
✔ When application killed. Please wait for a few second to application initialize Service again and you can use it.
[Trick]
✔ To keep service(ToolBox will not disappear) when app is kill. You can checked "Show notification" setting default.
ToolBox is application free. Setup and enjoy!.
If you unchecked "Show notification" function. You can long press floating before you kill app and After you kill app when click notification to show floating then service will start quickly.

My rating: Not Bad as this can remove the clutter from the home page(s), I'll have to use it for a while to say if I'll be keeping it or not.

Similar to this app is play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kimcy92.slidebar

Description
Sidebar this an application help you create sidebar menu app. It help quick launch app when you are you using other application.
[Featured]
✔ Pin user app to Sidebar
✔ Pin toggle app available as WiFi, Flashlight, home button, app drawer menu and more
✔ Change color, opacity, position, width for Sidebar
✔ Sort list app pin on Sidebar
✔ Launch Sidebar with start on boot
[Guide User]
To use Sidebar:
✔ First enable Sidebar
✔ Second swipe your finger from edge screen in range between two cursor blue color to show Sidebar.
✔ Pin app you want show on Sidebar.
✔ Last use application.
✔ Move two pointer green color to change position swipe Sidebar
✔ Press and swipe(from left to right) app icon to remove on Sidebar
✔ Close Sidebar's window or app's window press back button or touch out size window
[Tip]
✔ You can press and hold button add to quick open settings or tap to notification
✔ If you can't close Sidebar's window or app's window. You have to touch window and after press back button or touch outsize window
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2015 15:28
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2015 13:16
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2015 15:32
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 28th March 2015 02:10
ٱلسَّلَامُ عَلَيكُم وَرَحمَةُٱللَّهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُه

I actually deleted it because of their robotic responses on play store, it was detecting false junk again and again, and nor did they give a reply after emailing them.

Actually the RAM consumption increased gradually and approached to about 700MB!,and did hot decrease back to 500-600MB,as days passed and I had to restart my device for closing apps. But after uninstalling, ٱلحَمدُلِلَّه, the RAM is stable at 500-about 605MB.

Khair this was with me, and a frustrating experience it was. Not necessarily bad for others.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+2 -0

Jump to page: