Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

The Shaykh (Maulana) Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) people don't talk about...

Jump to page:

You have contributed 7.2% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, xs11ax, Yasin, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Seifeddine-M, Naqshband66, Jinn, Arslan., muslim11, samah, ak1, dr76, Taalibah, True Life, ALIF, sipraomer
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2019 03:17
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Shaykh:

This seems to be a cultural Indo-Pak thing. Most ulama here will say "ghar walay," meaning "people of the house," when they mention their wives.

I guess it also depends on one's temperament. Someone people are just not very comfortable saying "my wife" when they can get the message across with using a term that is more, shall we say, concealing.

I don't know what the norm is among the respected ulama of Arabia. Perhaps someone can pitch in.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2019 11:33
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaikum

I think the excerpt has not been taken from Imdad ul Fatawa. They have given the reference at the end. The passage in Imdad ul Fatwa is quite different. Also I guess by South Africans you are referring to alhaadi website, but they have not given it the same title as this brother.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2019 15:33
Concerned wrote:
View original post
The Arabs I believe have Something similar instead of saying زوجتي My wife they say أسرتي My Family. They consider is عيب to mention this former . It's not an only IndoPak thing.

+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2019 15:35
What about in the UK? Is it looked down upon to refer to your spouse as wife in a conversation?
No post ratings
Rank Image
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2019 15:36
Please only post relevant issues to the current topic, otherwise please start a new topic. Jazakumullah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2019 04:23
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Brother could you point out a few examples of these serious translation errors so that I can notify Madrasah Taleemuddeen. The reference given by them is Malfoozaat Husnul Azeez, but you are referring to Imdaadul Fataawa. Are they the same book?

The obvious meaning of that Malfooz is that publicizing the fact that a living woman wrote an article has the potential to excite a man. The translation (or mistranslation) clearly alludes to this. Names in themselves have no such potential unless the feminie gender behind a particular name is known. In any case, I will seek further clarification from them regarding this Malfooz once I find out what the errors in translation are.
+1 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2019 10:39

Hasan1 wrote:
View original post

Brother,

Sorry but I do not have time to get dragged into South African politics and unprofessionalism, if something comes up from time to time I will highlight.

No post ratings

Jump to page: