This is just my opinion and I am not a Scholar and the list is going from beginner to Advanced.
- Qur'aan Made Easy
- The Noble Qur'an: A New Rendering of Its Meaning in English
- An Approach to the Quranic Sciences (Optional)
- 'Ulum Al-Quran: Introduction to the Sciences of the Qur'an (Optional)
- Forty Ahadeeth of Imam Nawawi
- The 200 Hadeeth
- Riyad us-Saliheen
- The compendium of Knowledge & Wisdom
When studied under or with the help of a teacher, you are pretty much done with the most Authentic compliations of Ahadeeth on Fadhail (virtues) in Islam.
3 & 4 are for all Muslims (Revert or born) who want a life changing book.
Seerah (Life of Prophet Muhammad (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam):
- Muhammad (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam): His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
- Noble Life of the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) Dr Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee [HA]
- Audio (Anwar Awlaki (RA): Makkah Period
- Audio (Anwar Awlaki (RA): Madina Period (1)
- Audio (Anwar Awlaki (RA): Madina Period (2)
Understanding Madhabs & their idelogy:
Warning: The book above is not for new Muslims as they need some background and knowledge to understand it but the book absolves the reader of any other material to understand Madhabs
- Introduction to Hanafi School of Thought (Article)
- Gift for Muslims
- Ascent to Felicity
- Nur al-Idah: The Light of Clarification
2 & 3 should be in the library of every Muslim (Revert or born) who follows the Hanafi Madhab and anyone who wants to start a study Halaqah!
When studied under or with the help of a teacher, you are at Mid-level of Hanafi Madhab and pretty much done unless you want to proceed and become a Scholar and during your daily life need to consult Scholars for Fatwa if you chose not to become a Scholar.
- Introduction to Shaf'ae School of Thought
- Ship of Salvation
- Reliance of the Traveller: Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law
- Bulugh Al-Maram (This book is not a standard text of Shaf'ae Fiqh but all Salafees teach it as such!).
- Introduction to Hanbali School of Thought
- The Mainstay Concerning Jurisprudence (Al-Umda fi l-Fiqh)
- The Fiqh of Worship: Commentary on Ibn Qudamah's 'Umdat al-Fiqh (Better Translation)
- Introduction to Maliki School of Thought
- Treatise of Akhdari
- Guiding Helper
- The Risala : A Treatise on Maliki Fiqh (This book has been out of print for many years so if someone can provide a link as to where to purchase it from that will be great).
- Stories of the Prophets (Imam Ibn Kathir (RA))
- Hayatus-Sahaba (Full & Abridged but read abdridged first!)
- Men around the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)
- Women around the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)
- Islam & Civilisation (Shaykh (Maulana) Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (RA))
- Islam and the World : The Rise and Decline of Muslims and Its Effect on Mankind (Shaykh (Maulana) Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (RA))
- Saviours of the Islamic Spirit (Shaykh (Maulana) Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (RA))
- History of Islam