Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Magnificent

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.7% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
member2, sweetmuslimahk1, Yasin, abu mohammed, shahdb7, Seifeddine-M, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Acacia, AishaZaynap, Jinn, Abdullah1, tasbeeh, abuzayd2k, In Need of Teaching, tanveerzakee, super-glue, akbar703
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#196 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2017 14:53
What will happen if earth stops rotating for 1 second only and then resumes again?

The result would be catastrophic. Every person on Earth would die.

When you’re sitting idly, you might think you’re at rest but it isn't.

You’re actually rotating along with the Earth and you wouldn't feel that you’re moving, because everything around you is also moving with the same velocity.

To illustrate this, think back when you were in a moving vehicle and close your eyes. As long as there is no acceleration or a jerk, you wouldn't feel that you’re moving at all.

At the equator, the Earth rotates at a speed of about 1000 mph (1609 kph). (Depending on the latitude, that value can decrease.) That means, you’re also moving with the same velocity.

If the Earth stopped rotating suddenly and you were not attached to the ground, you’d fall and roll over for almost half a mile (0.8 km) in one second if there was nothing in your path.

There would be gigantic tsunamis and insurmountable winds. People would be blown off the ground in some circumstances.

If you were in a (small, rigid) room on the equator and the Earth stopped rotating, you would smash into the wall with a terminal velocity that is equal to five times the terminal velocity of a person falling (head down) from the top of World Trade Centre.

You’d turn into a pile of mush and die without even knowing what had happened.

source
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#197 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2017 11:43
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

salaam,
I have a question regarding memorisation of the quran and changing myself spiritually because I don't know how, I'm a muslim teenager living in the uk and I feel like I'm drifting away from my religion and this is making me very sad.. I don't know how to use this website very well, I need some help, some one to talk to.
+1 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#198 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2017 17:57
sareena wrote:
View original post

Wa ʿAlaykumus Salām,

Welcome to the forum. You could post a new topic in this sub-forum if you want to post or ask something openly. Alternatively, you could also join the Sisters sub-forum and post there. I don't know how that works but it looks like you can subscribe from that page. Otherwise, the authorizers/moderators of the forum can assist you with that, in shāʾ Allāh.

May Allāh reward and aid you for your zeal to build a relationship with Him (subḥānahu wa-taʿālā).
+1 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#199 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2017 08:58

Google AI finds exoplanet, bringing alien solar system to 8

Brittany A. Roston - Dec 14, 2017

Google AI finds exoplanet, bringing alien solar system to 8

Google’s machine learning technology has discovered the existence of a new exoplanet that was missed by NASA the first time around. The exoplanet is located in the alien solar system now known to contain eight planets all revolving around same star, Kepler-90. This makes the Kepler-90 system tied with our own solar system, which also contains eight planets circling the same star. The newly discovered exoplanet is called Kepler-90i.

Machine learning is mostly behind this latest discovery, though it wouldn’t have happened without NASA’s data. The space agency explains that researchers Andrew Vanderburg and Christopher Shallue trained the technology to find exoplanets based on Kepler light readings. These tiny brightness changes are caused by a planet passing in front of a star, but identifying them can be difficult.

c.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/kepler_insert-... 680w, c.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/kepler_insert-... 768w" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; vertical-align: middle; width: 685px; height: auto;" width="1152" />

The previously discovered system revolving around the star Kepler-90 was known to contain seven planets; researchers had missed the evidence of the eighth newly discovered planet. Google’s AI, though, found evidence of its existence when sifting through the data, identifying what NASA calls “weak transit signals.”

This new exoplanet, Kepler-90i, is described as being “sizzling hot” and having an orbit that lasts 14.4 days. The star itself, Kepler-90, is located 2,545 light-years from Earth. The other planets in the solar system are similarly named, including 90b, 90c, 90d, 90e, 90f, 90g, and 90h. The newly found 90i planet resides between 90c and 90d, putting it third in line from that Sun-like star.

In talking about the discovery, Vanderburg described the Kepler-90 system as being “like a mini version of our own solar system.” The larger planets are on the outside and the smaller planets are on the inside, “but everything is scrunched in much closer,” he explained. The neural network discovered other exoplanets, as well, such as a sixth planet in the Kepler-80 system; despite some false positives, the system demonstrated a very high accuracy level during testing.

SOURCE: NASA

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#200 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2018 14:32
Stephen Hawking has died. Now he will get to know about God!
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#201 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2019 09:29
Something Very Strange Seems to Be Synchronizing Distant Galaxies

Massive Structures
Galaxies millions of light years away seem to be connected by an unseen network of massive intergalactic structures, which force them to synchronize in ways that can’t be explained by existing astrophysics, Vice reports. The discoveries could force us to rethink our fundamental understanding of the universe.

“The observed coherence must have some relationship with large-scale structures, because it is impossible that the galaxies separated by six megaparsecs [roughly 20 million light years] directly interact with each other,” Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute astronomer Hyeop Lee told the site.

In Sync
There have been many instances of astronomers observing galaxies that seem to be connected and moving in sync with each other. A study by Lee, published in The Astrophysical Journal in October, found that hundreds of galaxies are rotating in exactly the same way, despite being millions of light years apart.

And a separate study, published in the journal Astronomy and Astrophysics in 2014, found supermassive black holes aligning with each other, despite being billions of light years apart.

Spooky Action
While current cosmological principles support the alignment and movement of ancient stars at a smaller scale, astronomers are puzzled by the much, much larger patterns across vast distances.

But before they can draw any conclusions, they’ll need more data — the body of work is still limited

Hmm, maybe these people should learn a little something about TAWAF and Islam and the Greatness of Allah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#202 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2019 09:44
Mercury put on a rare celestial show, parading across the sun in view of most of the world. Stargazers used solar-filtered binoculars and telescopes to spot Mercury — a tiny black dot — as it passed directly between Earth and the sun Monday.

The entire 5 ½-hour event was visible in the eastern U.S. and Canada, and all Central and South America. The rest of the world, except for Asia and Australia, got just a sampling.

11.11.2019. The Sun looks Magnificent.
Youtube Video - Halalified (Video Only)

Muftisays Halalified YouTube Script

Play Video
You need Flash player 8+ and JavaScript enabled to view this video.

Loading tweet
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#203 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 14:57
Mind Blowing! ...Earth Compared To The Rest Of The Universe - Amazing Graphic Presentation
Youtube Video - Halalified (Video Only)

Muftisays Halalified YouTube Script

Play Video
You need Flash player 8+ and JavaScript enabled to view this video.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#204 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2020 14:37
Sun’s surface seen in unprecedented detail for the first time 12 Dec 2019
Youtube Video
+3 -0Like x 3
UK
Brother
#205 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 00:06
Away from all the disagreements about apollo hoax, here's two photos I took of our magnificent moon which we all agree is indeed magnificent.

full moon
Perfect full moon taken today through my telescope behind thin cloud cover.

Waxing crescent
30th January 2020
20200209_235618.jpg
Downloads: 27
    [666.00 kB] full moon
20200209_235809.jpg
Downloads: 32
    [887.57 kB] Waxing crescent
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#206 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 03:43
Yasin wrote:
View original post

I'm sorry, but in the interest of exposing falsehood where ever it may occur, especially when the whole Ummah is under threat, I have to let everyone know that Admin is trying to pull a fast one on us.

There is no way to take a picture of the moon so detailed. I tried with my crummy China-made no-brand 0.3 mega pixel camera, and I didn't even get a picture of the moon disc. It was the last day of the lunar month when I tried this.

I got a professional opinion from a guy in my neighborhood who sells photo frames, and he says that the photo likely is a forgery.

So, fellow believers, don't be fooled by that picture up there. It is not a real picture of the moon. It is probably a very detailed painting made by a descendent of da Vinci, who is backed by the nearly limitless budget of the Vatican.
Blocked from replying in this thread.
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#207 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 06:45
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#208 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 07:49
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Few days ago (Friday morning to be precise) I was with my youngest son, we saw the moon in daylight. It was larger than life. He even said it was like a cartoon. It was huge and low. I wanted to take a picture but it wasn't a good idea when running for the bus with a little kid just after sunrise.

EDIT:
It was similar to this
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#209 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 09:15
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Actually, the image properties suggests it was taken with a Samsung (I won't name the model - but very nice :))!
  • Photo taken at 23:34 09/02/2020
  • Dimensions of the image 1423 x 144
  • Width 1423 pixels
  • Height 1444 pixels
  • Horizontal resolution 96 dpi
  • Resolution Unit 2
  • F-stop f/1.5
  • Exposure time 1/750 sec.
  • ISO speed ISO-200
  • Exposure Bias 0 step
  • Focal length 4mm
  • Max aperture 1.16
  • Flash mode No flash

Would you like more details?

Second image was taken on 30/01/2020 18:01 from the same lens but with slightly different dimensions.

+1 -0
UK
Brother
#210 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 09:18
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

0.3 megapixels. Good days.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1

Jump to page: