Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Makkah News and Updates

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: omer, Taqwah, Taalibah, rizmalek, super-glue, Seifeddine-M, bint Mohammed, member2, sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed, Yasin, Heather2727, Naqshband66, ummi taalib, mo_isaq, Acacia, Desi tadka, umar123, habeeba, Jinn, Arslan., ibn Ismail, najimuddin
224 guests appreciate this topic.
mkdon101
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5851 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2016 10:49
regarding the new visa fees. is it on year basis or lifetime? by that i mean when it says first time umrah is free is that first time in 1 hijri year or first time in ones life. im hearing some people say if its ones a year its fine but others are saying no its not if you been once before thats it you have to pay 400 from now on
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

xs11ax
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5852 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2016 13:06
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
Abu Suliman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5853 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2016 14:45
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

At the moment nothing is confirmed some are saying those who have travelled last 3 years & some if you travel twice 1 hijri year so Allah knows best.
No post ratings
mkdon101
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5854 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2016 14:52
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

they are a bunch of crooks, but to he honest so are these bloody tour agents. they charge between 80 - 300 ( ramadan time) even thought its a free issued visa from saudi embassy. they are all bad as each other. i dont mind them making some profit but to charge extortionate prices for something thats free and for a religious purpose is shameful.

as for the idea of chargin each one according to a % of their income, lets face it most muslims are bent crooks themselves half will lie about their income to get it cheaper so that wont really work.

saudi wants to move away from oil but this is not the right away. i mean lets face it we only go there cos of the barakah of makkah and madinah otherwise id never go there. i find it amazing top tourist desintations will charge max 20 for visa yet saudi want to charge 100s.
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#5855 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2016 15:27
Has anyone considered the otherside of the coin.

If you have been, Alhumdullilah, now let the less fortunate ones go by putting an obstacle in place.

Each country has a quota, now if only the rich and elite go every year, when will the poor ever get the chance!

I can't stand people who go every year and then boast about it. Also those who go because they know they are sinfull and this is their way to get a cleansheet if you know what I mean.
No post ratings
mkdon101
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5856 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2016 15:59
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

well not really, if 1st timers wer getting a discount then yes that be fine but they are being charged normal price which as it is, is pretty high. i cant think of any poor person being unable to go because a richer person took his slot that has never happened. as for the going yearly basis i used to agree with that and held same opinion but that is only if your going to do something better eg give the same money to charity or go fee sabillah ( not not tabeelgh) but if were not going to do either then i dont see harm in going. when i was a teenage i had no intention of ever going then Allah took me for my 1st hajj and i promised i would never go back and so semthing for ummah but i never did and without even planning or havin niyaah i end of going nearly every year. so i would disagree. also not that scholars are proof but most of our elders go yearly infact some go a few times a year plus do a hajj. i guess our souls are not as pure and clean as the earlier muslims for whom 1 hajj/umrah was enough to make them turn to Allah and bring a change in their lifes.

but if someone is strong willed and can use that money for better causes or do better deads then i 100% agree with you. many scholars have even said that hajj is not even fard if ummah is under attack and that assisting them takes priorty but unfortunately i like most are just either cowards or to much in love with our easy life
Bad Spelling x 1
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#5857 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2016 16:37
Don't get me wrong. Ulama go every year for many reasons. What I said is those who boast and sin!

Quote:
I can't stand people who go every year and then boast about it. Also those who go because they know they are sinfull and this is their way to get a cleansheet if you know what I mean

Sorry, but I couldn't make much sense of the rest.
No post ratings
Abu Suliman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5858 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2016 14:06
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Before I was agent use to think the same why they charge when it is free.
The only thing that is free is embassy stamping the visa on the passports. The Saudi companies which generate the mofa charge agents from abroad around £50, and during Ramadan for the past 3 years £120-200 the agents then charge around £20 for admin fees normal months & £50 during Ramadan.
No post ratings
mkdon101
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5859 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2016 14:29
Abu Suliman wrote:
View original post

Jzk for clarifying that. Well lets wait and see. I aint paying an extra 200 on top of the 80-150 i already used to pay for just a visa. Its a joke. Imagine a family with 2 kids thats £800 for just saudi visa never mind mofa plus flights n hotels
No post ratings
Abu Suliman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5860 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2016 14:34
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Its not about Quota & controlling the numbers because next year they will be lifting the 5 year restriction & increasing numbers.
No post ratings
Abu Suliman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5861 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2016 14:35
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Totally agree they will not get more people visiting if they introduce this fee which is around £450-475
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#5862 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2016 14:56
Abu Suliman wrote:
View original post

The increase in numbers was expected, hence the expansion.
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#5863 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2016 15:00
In all of this, I think there is a loophole.

If there is a person who is need of a Mehram, and it is their first time, then the Mehram will not have to pay the additional cost. Then the following year, that same person can take another person in need of Mehram and again not pay the additional charges.

Or the above person may get charged but will be exempt from other restrictions, if they are bought in and would be able to go yearly.
Or at least that's where I think people will do. For now, only an agent can confirm this.
No post ratings
mkdon101
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5864 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2016 17:34
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I disagree. They only expanded the masjis so they can increase capacity and bring in more revenue. The king abdullah expansion is bigger than what the entire mosque was previously yet. Will this reduce crowds and rush? No cos they will increase quota.
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#5865 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2016 14:11
MATAF EXPANSION PLANS

توسعة صحن المطاف في الحرم المكي الشريف

No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic