Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Makkah News and Updates

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: omer, Taqwah, Taalibah, rizmalek, super-glue, Seifeddine-M, bint Mohammed, member2, sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed, Yasin, Heather2727, Naqshband66, ummi taalib, mo_isaq, Acacia, Desi tadka, umar123, habeeba, Jinn, Arslan., ibn Ismail, najimuddin
224 guests appreciate this topic.
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#5971 [Permalink] Posted on 11th September 2017 09:32

Makkah from Space

by Russian astronaut Sergey Ryazanskiyvia @SergeyISS

report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 1
Winner x 2
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5972 [Permalink] Posted on 11th September 2017 10:51
Doing Hajj the Old Fashioned way.

Indonesian man makes Hajj on foot.

by IlmFeed
August 30, 2017, 2:49 pm
28-year-old Mochammad Khamim Setiawan has arrived in Makkah just in time for Hajj after walking 9,000km from Indonesia.

Wearing a T-shirt with “I am on my way to Makkah on foot and putting full trust in God”, he set off from his hometown in Central Java on 28th August 2016 and the journey took him a year to complete.

His journey took him through:

Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar (Burma), India, Pakistan, Oman, UAE and finally Saudi Arabia.

Khamim often fasted during the day and preferred to travel at night. He would sleep in mosques and homes of locals, sometimes camping in forests.

Many people provided him with food along the way.

“I never begged, but I always met kind people who gave me some food and other provisions. I was once welcomed at a Buddhist temple in Thailand. Villagers in Myanmar fed me. I studied and met Muslim scholars from various countries at a Jamat Tabligh mosque in India” said Khamim.

Khamim said it was his way of showing his ‘full submission to Allah’.

“My way of showing my full submission to Allah is to learn Islam from various Muslim scholars and meeting people of various persuasions to study their culture and observe tolerance.”

In 2012, 47-year-old Bosnian man Senad Hadzic walked 5,700km to Hajj in 314 days.

What an amazing effort. May Allah accept his Hajj.
Ameen x 4
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#5973 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2017 09:52
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#5974 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2017 10:09
Environment -friendly solar 
garbage bins in the Holy Sites

August 29, 2017

Makkah municipality is using environment-friendly solar garbage bins in Makkah and the Holy Sites during the entire Haj season. 

The municipality, according to the director of the department of cleanliness Mohammed Bin Abdul Rahman Al-Morqi, has distributed as many as 1,150 such garbage bins in the Holy Sites including nine operated by solar energy, which were distributed mainly around the Jamrat area.

He said the capacity of each bin is about 14 cubic meters.

"The solar boxes will greatly develop the process of cleanliness and will help store the garbage in view of the limited space and time," he said.

Al-Morqi also said the boxes are using the most modern communication systems through satellites and can be operated from a distance. 

http://saudigazette.com.sa/article/5.../Solar-garbage

abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#5975 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2017 09:26
Umrah season 1439/2017-2018

All ready to welcome
Umrah pilgrims 

Friday prayer - 22 September 2017

Sunday September 24, 2017 / 4 Muharram 1439

JEDDAH — Following the successful completion of Haj, Umrah pilgrims have started arriving in the Kingdom, the Ministry of Haj and Umrah announced on Thursday.

The current Haj season will come to an end on Oct. 5 (Muharram 15) when the last flight carrying foreign Haj pilgrims will leave King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah.

The ministry has issued directives to all its agencies, sectors and Umrah establishments to raise their level of readiness to provide the best services to Umrah pilgrims and visitors.

The ministry announced its preparations for the upcoming Umrah season during a recent meeting between Minister of Haj Muhammad Saleh Banten and key players in the Umrah sector.

The meeting focused on the readiness of all sectors of the ministry for this season, especially with an unprecedented rise in the number of Umrah pilgrims last season, which was put at 6.7 million.

Despite the large number of Umrah pilgrims, there was a considerable drop in the number of Umrah visa overstayers, the ministry said.

Meanwhile, the number of Haj pilgrims who arrived in Madinah totaled 595,635, according to an update issued by the National Establishment for Guides in Madinah on Thursday.

It said 32,336 pilgrims arrived in Madinah on Wednesday while 21,691 left the holy city on the same day for their countries.

With this the number of foreign pilgrims who left Madinah after visiting the Prophet's Mosque after Haj totaled 333,137 as of Wednesday. The number of pilgrims who remained in Madinah until Wednesday evening, the last day of the month of Dul Hijjah, exceeded 262,422, compared to 157,176 pilgrims on the same day last season.

Director General of Saudi Arabian Airlines Saleh Bin Nasser Al-Jasser made an inspection tour of Prince Muhammad Bin Abdulaziz Airport in Madinah on Thursday to check on the smooth departure of pilgrim flights from the airport.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/article/5...I-ARABIA/Umrah

No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic

Jump to page: