Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Islamic Android Apps

Jump to page:

You have contributed 3.2% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
umm-e-abdullah, member2, queenie, Taqwah, Taalibah, sweetmuslimahk1, Yasin, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, umar123, samah, ibn Ismail
7 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#166 [Permalink] Posted on 28th September 2012 13:13
There are couple of apps to find islamic apps on GP like:
details?id=com.vision.android.themeislamic
details?id=com.creativeone.islamicapps
details?id=com.ubique.islamicapp
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#167 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2012 16:14
www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19756734

AMD deal brings Android apps to Windows 8

Some Windows 8 laptops and PCs could end up running more Android apps than ones written for Microsoft's software.

Gadgets built around chips made by AMD will come optimised to run the Android apps.

A collaboration between AMD and software firm Bluestacks lets the devices run the 500,000 apps more usually found on Android phones.

By contrast, Microsoft reportedly only has a few thousand apps written specifically for Windows 8 at launch.

The Android apps will be available on Windows 8 devices via AMD's AppZone player. Inside this is code from Bluestacks that acts as a wrapper around the mobile phone programs so they can run on desktops, laptops and tablets.

AMD has made changes to the core code that runs its processors and graphics cards to ensure apps built for the small screens on mobile phones look good and run well on larger displays.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#168 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2012 16:33
www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18624531

Android apps to run on Apple Macs via Bluestacks program

Owners of Android smartphones now have a way to run their favourite apps on an Apple Mac computer.
Start-up Bluestacks has produced a software wrapper that lets the phone apps run on a desktop Apple machine.
The release follows an earlier software tool that helped Android apps make the jump from a phone to a Windows PC.
Bluestacks said the software was for people that wanted a consistent experience with their favourite apps, no matter where they used them.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#169 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2012 22:55
Hajj and Umrah guide

A new App just launched, looks brilliant, especially for those going for Hajj the first time.

Not sure who the makers are, but having looked through a few of the pages, it seems to be ok.

Your comments are needed to clarify. I think it is Hanafi based.

market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.nanosoft.hajjandumrah
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#170 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2012 10:20
i took a look into the Hajj App, again not too bad, but a lot of details missing. However its still fresh, so InshaAllah the developer will make changes and updates.

I think I'll post a comment on the app but not rate it down since its the early stages.
+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#171 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2012 10:25
Quote:
I think I'll post a comment on the app but not rate it down since its the early stages.

+1 for that. A lot of people don't realise that early stages are the most difficult and rate it 1 star expecting the best app in the world. Some are genuinely lazy and bad jobs just to put ads in it but some are genuine. Very easy to tell difference. Alhamdulillah the support on our app was amazing right from the start. Always 5 stars and that is what encourages further development.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#172 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2012 11:12
The Hajj App is Hanafi based according to the designer. Confirmed by email. An update will be available soon too.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#173 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2012 22:06
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#174 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2012 09:47

Shama'il al-Tirmidhi

Al-Shama`il al-Muhammadiyyah wa al-Khasa`il al-Mustafawiyyah, The Sublime Characteristics of the Prophet by Imam al-Tirmidhi radiAllahu anhu.

This is arguably the most indispensable collection of Ahadiths related to the Prophet`s (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) blessed (Seerah) biography.

It was compiled by the eminent Muhaddith, Imam al-Tirmidhi radiAllahu anhu less than 3 centuries after the passing away of Blessed Light RasulAllah (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam).

Containing a collection of over 200 narrations, divided into 30+ chapters it deals with all spheres of the Blessed Beautiful life of RasulAllah sallAllahu alayhi wasallam.

Please Note The Information Provided Does NOT Include All The Ahadiths Due To The Fact The Description of Our Beloved Prophet sallAllahu alayhi wasallam Is Much Greater & Could Not Have Been Covered In This App.

Remember - It is impossible to accurately describe the actual beauty & elegance of Sayyidina RasulAllah (SalAllahu alayhi wasallam). Imam Al-Qurtubi says: The full beauty & elegance of Sayyidina RasulAllah (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) has not been made manifest, otherwise it would not have been possible for man to look at him (may peace, mercy & blessings be upon our saviour).

Please Refer To The Commentery For A Detail Discussion On Each Hadith Stated By Visiting:

http://www.inter-islam.org/hadeeth/stmenu.htm

http://www.sacredknowledge.co.uk/prophetic-biography-sira/207--al-tirmidhi-

If you run into a bug please have some patience and understand that I'm just one individual with very limited resources; I can't experiment the application on every possible hardware. Instead of just leaving a bad review, please contact me and I'll try to fix it.

Please Visit Us @ www.haroon-ali.com
E-mail: shamail.tirmidhi@gmail.com

"None of you believes until I am more beloved to him than his own father, his child, and all of humankind."

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#175 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2012 11:19
JazakAllah to all who have contributed on this thread, finaly had time to go through the posts and download some very useful and awesome apps.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#176 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd November 2012 14:52

"Yasin" wrote:
Assalamu Alaykum, Thanks to all the wonderful contributions in the who am I thread, a new educational time passing app/game has been made for the Android (for now).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.muftisays.whoami

App Description: Key clues to guess the identity of a person, action, item or anything of significance in Islam. Example: I run on an android You are viewing me now I am an app you will love Who am I? Answer: Islamic Who am I? app "Who Am I" was a little section in the Darul Uloom London student magazine "Afkarut-Tullab". It was questions asked from a first person perspective to guess the answer. The "Who am I's" from the magazine were posted into a muftisays.com forum topic and members continued to contribute. All these are now compiled into this app to challenge you.

Suggestions, ideas, bugs and criticisms welcome in this topic. Wassalam

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#177 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2012 11:06
WARNING:

I recently downloaded mobile banking apps (excellent, but download from the banks website if you must)

Well, one of the banks offer free antivirus protecion for 12 months and can be renewed every year for free. Sounds great doesn't it. I was in the process of downloading it when I read what the software is capable of doing. Now most apps, in fact all apps must say what permision they are given by us before the download. "Does anyone read it? NO"

Read this carefully and see what a SAFE app can do. Can you imagine what all the other nonsense apps are capable of doing.

ALWAYS READ BEFORE INSTALLING.

We give permission to the app to email who they want, call who they want, edit our SMS as they come in or go out, man-alive, that's dangerous.
2012-12-14_10-14-44.png
Downloads: 439
    [228.11 kB] You could be framed
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#178 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2012 18:54
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#179 [Permalink] Posted on 8th January 2013 12:16
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#180 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2013 11:56
A great little app for working out your Islamic dates.

Find out your Islamic date of birth. (Sorry, you aren't as young as you thought)

If you were born in the 1970's and feel young, then get ready for super old age and have the year become 1390's.

I've been using Islamic Calendar Converter and I think you might like it. Check it out from your Android phone:

http://play.google.com/store/search?q=pname:gnu.islamiccalendar.android

*Note: Tap the Market icon in the Complete action screen that appears after you tap the link above.
No post ratings

Jump to page: