abu mohammed
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 11:06
Al-Madinah to shut secondary classes
Updated 7 minutes ago

Secondary education at the troubled Al-Madinah free school will stop at the end of the summer term, the government has announced.

A report from Ofsted in October found the school in Derby was in chaos, dysfunctional and inadequate and it was placed in special measures.

The primary school will remain open, the Department for Education has said.

The schools minister Lord Nash has written to the school trust chairman to confirm the secondary school closure.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 11:14
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

This is from one of the members here

I've written a 3000 word letter to a Shura group to a particular Islamic school. That letter can easily shut down another Islamic school. But only for the benefit of the kids of that particular locality, I have decided not to send the letter to Ofsted. I've even been asked by the Shura if I was going to send it to Ofsted. PANIC! Yes they are in PANIC, but things need to be sorted and done properly. Alhumdulillah, so far things are looking bright and hope to see a major change in a very short period.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 11:24
ali wrote:
View original post

Yep been in that situation with an Islamic school, however been in a similar situation with a secondary state school, where I believe the school shouldve been shut down, went through the court process, we challenged one of the biggest school's in UK heads of depts got sacked, things changed.

Happy? Satisfied with the outcome? Or with the sytem?

Definitely not, because if it was a private Islamic school they would've shut it down in an instant.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 12:01
Because,

For Sahabas and pious Moomineens, trade was Dawah,
For us its Paisah.
+1 -0Agree x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 12:33

I am the Head teacher of a (weekend) Islamic School and majority of our staff are professionals who donate their time for the sake of Allah (SWT).  The reason we can keep costs low is because nobody really gets any money from the fees and our fees are primarily for providing books, bags and teaching material.

The reason you guys are highlighting these issues is because Islam has become the primary reason for people's livelihood. Most Academies, Schools, bookshops, Hajj/Umrah Tours, Maktabs, Madrasahs, Islamic courses are for people to earn money from to support their lifestyle.

1. Have a job or do business to earn your income
  2. Serve the Ummah free

This is the way of the Salaf and way of our Akabir

Many people ask the question as to how Ulamah are supposed to serve the Ummah if they work? I ask, "How did Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) serve the Ummah?" 

If you are in Tassawuff then I ask:

1. How did Mujaddid Alf Thani (RA) serve the Ummah?
  2. How did Shah Waliullah (RA) serve the Ummah?

Payscales in Islam are dependent on needs and there will always be those in our communities who need (monetary) help and Allah (SWT) blesses us to be in a position to do so but earning from Islam is not the primary intention of Islamic Shariah.

Take a good look in UK on the fancy cars and fancy houses some of those who are "serving Islam" posess it gives you all the answers you need to know on the issue!

+9 -0Like x 3Agree x 1Winner x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 12:43
Unbelievablea! I've been served a £60 penalty notice by LEA for my son being ill and off school last week! Seriously unbelievable! think i shouldve posted this in the scam thread!
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 12:48
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Send in a medical report or doctors appointment letter.

Did you phone the school to let them know about it, because if you didn't, then unfortunately, you are at fault.

The new rules are very very tuff now and they are implementing with full force.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 12:57
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Rang twice last week and told them he wasn't going to be in for the rest of the week.

They even know his medical records, they even know he's reoccurantly ill he's been the same since he was little, nothings changed....unfortunately just had a very heated exchange.

They will reconsider next week, lets see what happens.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 12:57
I think knowledgeable brothers should come forward to terminate such oppression. Why don't they establish a school of their own?
+0 -0Agree x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 12:59
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

The LEA fine based on the recommendation of the Head Teacher so before challenging this you need to have a discussion with the Head Teacher and ask them to come clean as to how and what has happened.

It is rare that LEA would take such an action independently and if they have your Head Teacher should support you.

It can be challenged!

+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 13:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I know exactly how it's happened, my son only has 6 months left, then Alhumdulillah I will not have any contact with LEA, there just pulling a fast one, because of negative experiences between us and them.

Alhumdulillah, Allah made us muslims, because without deen I have seen people stoop to low levels, with no self respect or dignity, telling lies to make themselves, their colleagues, work place look good, I place my trust in Allah.

After a couple more meetings Inshaallah I will never have to meet these people again. Alhumdulillah

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 17:25
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Spot On...!!
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2014 17:55
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

salaam

i really admire the grassroots tablighis for giving their time for free. in fact, they spend their own money and expect nothing in return. they are evidence against anyone who thinks they need to charge money for 'providing a service to the deen'.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2014 16:41
This isn't about boycotting, rather a thought on this being Islamic or a gimmick.
Quote:

NOTE: This text is copyrighted.

This answer for example qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?ID=212

Can someone justify why this is the case. The only thing I can think of is so that the person who wrote it is not held responsible if some else copies it and then missuses it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2014 16:53
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Well there was an issue many years ago, unable to name names and organizations, there was an in-depth article written about copyright through certain incidents. Will try and do brief summary, some authentic work was taken, well quite a lot of authentic work was taken, copied and re published under another organisations name, other organizations picked up on the idea and started copying, publishing and distributing for free.

In my opinion copyright gives the sole writer the ownership of his own work....and normally when permission is sought, it is normally accepted. Sorry, hope it makes sense.

Some writers have taken years to compile work or write an article, for it to be just taken away by someone else. So for many organizations and writers copyright is very important.

And yes sometimes, a persons work is reproduced with changes and adaptations, it's called plagiarism.
No post ratings